KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Splinter Cell - Blacklist

Splinter Cell - Blacklist
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Splinter Cell - Blacklist

Announced at E3.

Good news: New Splinter Cell.

Bad news: No Michael Ironside. The guy playing Sam now is Eric Johnson, from Rookie Blue, Flash Gordon and Smallville.

YMMV: It will have Kinect support.

Videos:

http://kotaku.com/5915510/sam-fishe...-cell-blacklist

http://kotaku.com/5915675/watch-sam...acklist-trailer

http://kotaku.com/5915764/michael-i...is-other-guy-is

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 07:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I love the gameplay so far. And hopefully it'll still remain true to Splinter Cell's roots and have some stealth segments, and not be pure action. I'm also glad they brought back the knife and takedowns you didn't have in Conviction. As for the moving Mark & Execute...that was just great and Sam is fluid enough to match the great graphics.

I hope they'll bring back the interrogation, beat someone to near death portions.

I'm really sad about no Ironside though. Is this gonna be a thing? Iconic voices who've been the voice of characters for years being replaced for no good reason? That's the same thing they're doing in Absolution, and I hate it to be honest.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 07:58 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe it because Michael Ironside didn't want to do the voice.

I assume there must of been a valid reason because it doesn't look like they did it to refresh the series. Conviction was that game and Ironside is in as well.

I assume it was a mutual decision between both parties. If it wasn't, why would Ironside narrate the game.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 09:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Good news: none

Bad news: New Splinter Cell

The gameplay at E3 must have been the biggest bait and switch ever though "Oh my, playing on the Middle Eastern side of a conflict, that's groundbreaking, I need to play this ga....oh...oh I see, just same ol' same ol'"

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 09:22 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Maybe it because Michael Ironside didn't want to do the voice.

I assume there must of been a valid reason because it doesn't look like they did it to refresh the series. Conviction was that game and Ironside is in as well.

I assume it was a mutual decision between both parties. If it wasn't, why would Ironside narrate the game.

He's been Sam Fisher in every game ever. Why would he suddenly not want to do the voice anymore?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 09:32 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

They said it's because he is too old to do the mo-cap.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 01:01 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I don't like it, but I accept that as a valid reason. Can't wait fo rthe game still.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 01:33 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But why does he have to do the mo-cap?

Sam Fisher doesn't look like Ironside and there is plenty of games out there where the voice actor does not resemble the mo-cap actor.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 01:52 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Maybe he's just tired of doing the job after a decade.

I haven't seen him do much of anything over the past few years.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 01:55 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe.

I don't mind the voice actually.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 02:29 AM
KingD19

It's not that the new guy does a bad voice. It's just I'm used to Ironside as Fisher and want his voice as Fisher. Like Nathan Drake is Nolan North. Agent 47 is David Bateson.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 02:38 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was their whole desire to have him completely motion captured, I guess. They wanted this guy to actually play Sam Fisher in every possible aspect, and Ironside is just too old for the physical stuff.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 03:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I remember the days when you could go through an entire level without killing anyone.

Those were the days...

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 06:31 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Release date - August 20th. Much later than I'd hoped.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=72784

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 11:36 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been getting into these games of late starting off with the first game which i brought off Steam during those sales.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 12:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Conviction is my favourite, personally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 12:29 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They Don't have Pandora Tomorrow on there, Something about it being broken because of the projected lighting

so i went and found a copy on ebay.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jan 17th, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 12:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
They Don't have Pandora Tomorrow on there, Something about it being broken because of the projected

so i went and found a copy on ebay.

Nice. Hope you enjoy it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 12:36 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've tried it out the lighting seems to be pretty good

not sure what the folks on Steam are talking about.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 12:39 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Splinter Cell can be a pretty polarising series, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 12:51 AM