KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Where does DBZ's ending fit in with DBS?

Where does DBZ's ending fit in with DBS?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Where does DBZ's ending fit in with DBS?

At the end, Goten and Trunks are adults, and Goku has already fought, and began training Uub.

So does Super happen in between that?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 03:01 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Super starts before the ending of Z

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 01:06 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

lol idk how that was hard to figure out

they literally tell you where they are in the timeline the first episode

We are True Avengers

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 01:31 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Yeah, but how does DBS fit in with the end of Z???

Why not just replace GT? It isn't canon anyway.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 03:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

the end of dbz is no longer canon.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 01:46 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

There is no reason to believe that.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 01:58 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bbrem123
the end of dbz is no longer canon.
It was in the manga, so it has to be canon.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 03:36 PM
bbrem123

How can it be? Please explain how it could ever be canon now with super out.

Super clearly retconned it

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 10:56 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah... For one, there is no way in hell that Goku would still be hyper-excited to fight a Boo-level opponent. That tier of power has faded into utter insignificance.

...Or maybe at the end of all this, the Super Dragon Balls will be used to restore the timeline back to how it was during the Boo era -- essentially retconning DBS. Lol, can you imagine the sheer chaos that would cause among fans?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 11:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Didn't Goku fight him at base anyways?

Or even if it was a SSJ, it would make sense given they established Goku is happy to handicap himself. (The manga did one better and had Vegeta call Goku a dirty cheater for using god mode to deal with Trunks SSJ3 level SSJ2.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 12:41 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

But again: why would Goku be super-excited to fight a Boo-level character, when he's got guys like Vegeta, Beerus, Whis, etc. etc. to spar with? Guys who can give him a REAL fight -- no handicapping required.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 12:46 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Because Uub's his apprentice, maybe?

I forget how it panned out in their fight, but as I recall Uub wasn't all that strong at the start. Maybe Goku's just excited to bring up a fighter with a ton of potential, and see how far he can bring him? In that context, Buu level would be a monumental achievement, assuming he had to work to get there..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 12:50 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Perhaps too prove he can finally beat Boo one on one on his own.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 12:51 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Maybe.

I think Uub's just the son he always wanted. wink

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 01:05 AM
ares834

Hehe. I think you pretty much nailed it.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 01:07 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
Perhaps too prove he can finally beat Boo one on one on his own.
He's so vastly beyond that level at this point, I highly doubt that's something he needs to prove. Goku enjoys a good fight -- a Boo-level opponent can no longer offer him a good fight.

Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe.

I think Uub's just the son he always wanted. wink
laughing out loud

I can buy that. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 11th, 2016 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 01:40 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

He enjoyed the Universe 6 tournament, even though there was only one fighter present that could legitimately challenge him.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 02:12 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

He also had fun fighting Krillin and Tien in Dragonball, even when he'd clearly surpassed them.

Not that any of this matters. Goku references Uub in Super and calls him something to look forward to. There is no retconning. We can assume that Goku, after seeing how strong Freeza could become through all that training, naturally assumes Kid Buu's reincarnation would be even more impressive. Not only would he in theory dwarf Freeza's natural talent but all the Buu's had a pretty good aptitude for learning techniques.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 11:10 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

wtf^

Great theory I guess

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 12:11 AM
carver9

His statement makes perfect sense tbh and yes, Goku did bring Uub up during the beginning of Super. Goku obviously was holding back in his Uub fight. I just think Uub potential is what he enjoyed during that fight. Uub couldn't even scratch him.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 01:49 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote