KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode VIII Spoiler/Speculation Discussion

Episode VIII Spoiler/Speculation Discussion
Started by: NewLanceWindu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Episode VIII Spoiler/Speculation Discussion

We'll kick things off with this announcement video on the start of production for VIII.

Does this mean the first scene will be the continuation of the final scene in TFA? Or will they still have the traditional opening scene set in space?

------------------------------------

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...iii-now-filming

We also have some cast confirmations in this post on StarWars.com

quote:
Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is written and directed by Rian Johnson and continues the storylines introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, welcomes back cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 03:32 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh cool!

No, I don't think they will change it. Who knows what stuff we'll get here. I think they cleverly used some shots from TFA. I expect a little jump in time.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 03:38 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Oh cool!

No, I don't think they will change it. Who knows what stuff we'll get here. I think they cleverly used some shots from TFA. I expect a little jump in time.

In my mind I see them opening with a space shot, maybe Hux/Ren/Phasma arriving at Snoke's hideout (space scene). Transition to the continuation of TFA's final shot before having a little training montage with Rey and Luke which gives them a plausible time jump as well.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 03:42 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That would make a lot of sense. It seems they did go back to the OT style: first show what the baddies are up to and then show where the heroes are at.

The PT would have profited greatly form that approach...

I just hope they don't build yet another Death Star... wink

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 04:37 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Someone's going to lose a hand though. smile

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Wow, the music seemed non Star Wars like though.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 08:56 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Someone's going to lose a hand though. smile

Oh gawd, I hope not... wink

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 09:22 PM