KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Disney should do a comic series or a novel on Ahsoka

Disney should do a comic series or a novel on Ahsoka
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Love Disney should do a comic series or a novel on Ahsoka

So I've been thinking, wouldn't it be cool to see what Ahsoka got up to after leaving the Order? How she sorted that stuff out she had to sort out on her own? How she escaped Order 66, became Fulcrum? There is like almost 20 years of her life we know nothing about.

I think it could be pretty awesome, would you read? What would you like to see?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Shit, her story alone could probably make for a damn good TV series.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Shit, her story alone could probably make for a damn good TV series.
thumb up Marvel is doing a great job with there Netflix shows, I think Ahsoka should get a similar treatment.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 12:18 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Did I accidentally jump to the Ahsoka worship forum?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yes, welcome. smile

Also I hadn't considered a TV show, that would be cool.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 10:23 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I'm tired of Ahsoka, surprise, and look forward to finding out that other Force users matter. She doesn't need a novel or a comic, and she definitely doesn't need an entire show; she needs to stop being forced into relevancy.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 03:04 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

She's immensely popular, believe it or not. Expanding her character and exploring her life between TCW and Rebels isn't forcing her relevancy - it's giving those who are interested in Ahsoka (many are) what they want to see. And it isn't like delving into TCW-Rebels era Ahsoka means that other potential stories of Force-users are being neglected.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 03:43 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Her being popular has nothing to do with what I said. As to the rest, that's exactly what it is. Exploring her life between TCW and Rebels is something that could easily be done in Rebels, as opposed to dumping her into yet another story. Out of ten thousand Jedi Knights, I want to see more than 5.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 03:50 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

How could 16 years of her life be easily explored in Rebels, wtf? And I'm confident Disney can multitask and introduce more Force-wielders.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 03:59 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It hardly constitutes forcing her into "yet another story" (which happened like once lol because her story was cancelled) when it is her story.

No one is suggest she makes a cameo in TFA or something, or replaces a character where another Jedi would do, but rather her incomplete story is done justice in an original medium.

Fair enough that you'd rather see other Jedi, but there is no reason that it should come at the expense of new characters.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 04:03 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
How could 16 years of her life be easily explored in Rebels, wtf? And I'm confident Disney can multitask and introduce more Force-wielders.

The same way 15 years of say Rey's life was put into a short story. She obviously wasn't fighting the Empire, so I doubt she was living the life of adventure extraordinaire everyday. We don't need to know about every little detail of everyone's life. Ahsoka going through a Dagobah montage for a decade and a half might seem cool to you, but it isn't for me.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 08:33 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Ahsoka was an undercover rebel informant providing information and aid to insurgencies across the Galaxy. After she left the Order she participated in the 'Siege of Mandalore' as well. Rey was on Jakku for basically her whole life scavenging. It's not comparable. There is so much potential for Ahsoka's character between TCW and Rebels it's insane - how she became Fulcrum, what experiences she could have had with various different rebel factions, what she experienced during Order 66 and the Jedi Purge, etc. You aren't remotely interested in Ahsoka regardless though, anyways, so I doubt anything done with her would really spark your desire to see more to be honest.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 09:23 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I'm not sure why that can't all be raped up in a story or two, but obviously, the only investment I have on her character is hating on her here. TCW felt like Ahsoka's story, and she's clearly the only one worth mentioning in Rebels now. Buy it's not just her I'm tired of, it's the PT/OT cast in general. Maul's in for his second reappearance now, for similar reasons to you wanting more Ahsoka.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 10:15 PM
ares834

Wouldn't mind one or two storie arcs about her (I want that Siege of Mandalore). But hell no to an ongoing.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 05:54 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

At least we know now that Ahsoka doesn't kill Maul in Siege of Mandalore. Phew..

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

@Fresh: Yeah, but Maul is being shoved into another story, while what we're talking about here is a separate, solo story for Ahsoka.

And tbh Ahsoka is one of the few 'legacy' characters that actually makes sense being in Rebels.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 02:06 PM
Darth Thor

Both Maul and Ahsoka needed to be addressed in Rebels IMO. Since they cancelled TCW specifically to start Rebels, leaving the endings of 2 huge characters unfinished.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 02:26 PM