KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X Men on their own? Interesting.

X Men on their own? Interesting.
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

X Men on their own? Interesting.

http://www.newsarama.com/23947-axel...ecret-wars.html

The X-Men are getting gheir own world?
It wont last.

That said, why not? The franchise can easily stand on its own.
By own world i hope they mean reality, not planet, Btw...

Old Post May 11th, 2015 10:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Holy balls, wtf.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 12th, 2015 07:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

same reality, different planet...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: i read an article that says Marvel plans to replace mutants with Inhumans... the premise was, they will discover that the Inhumans' terragenesis mist are fatal to mutants and it covered the whole planet, so mutants will decide to go to a different planet without the mist...

that's the reason why Cyclops will play a central role in Secret Wars... currently, he acquired the Phoenix Force again but everything's (about the spoiler above) still rumors, no confirmations, only wild guesses...

Old Post May 12th, 2015 07:56 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm sure this is all to do with Fox owning the Movie rights.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 08:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dyajeep
same reality, different planet...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: i read an article that says Marvel plans to replace mutants with Inhumans... the premise was, they will discover that the Inhumans' terragenesis mist are fatal to mutants and it covered the whole planet, so mutants will decide to go to a different planet without the mist...

that's the reason why Cyclops will play a central role in Secret Wars... currently, he acquired the Phoenix Force again but everything's (about the spoiler above) still rumors, no confirmations, only wild guesses...

So pretty much the one the guy who has more reason than most to hate the Phoenix, is now going to be possessed by it a second bloody time.

It's like these people never read older comics or something.

Originally posted by Kazenji

Most likely.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 12th, 2015 09:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hadnt even thought of that.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 09:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

yes! and they went so far as retconning the relationship of Magneto, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch... and that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are not really mutants at all... sad

Old Post May 12th, 2015 09:59 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by dyajeep
yes! and they went so far as retconning the relationship of Magneto, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch... and that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are not really mutants at all... sad

I knew about that one

what makes you think the H.E didn't do something to them when they were young.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 10:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It hadnt ever been mentioned.
Lots of back stage politics with the X franchise.

Still, their own continuity is actually a good thing for them. Bad for the regular MU.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 12:16 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by -Pr-
the one the guy who has more reason than most to hate the Phoenix

Wolverine?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 12th, 2015 12:49 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm not liking these changes because of the movies.

Marvel needs to think wtf they're doing.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 07:15 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

They are. Yhey just arent making popular decisions after.
For every guy like me who doesnt mind them getting shunted, there are going to be way more who do.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 10:33 PM
dyajeep

Originally posted by riv6672
The X-Men are getting gheir own world?

the X-men are always discriminated, even in the real world... if that's what it takes to achieve justice, then so be it... however, come to think of it, if it's a new world, X-men writers would be introducing new villains? or will they have conflict among themselves? again? i hope not...

that is, if we have no choice... but i still want them to co-exist with the other characters in the same world...

Old Post May 13th, 2015 08:01 AM
riv6672

I doubt we have much choice in the matter....

Old Post May 13th, 2015 09:46 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Makes sense, post SW the MComicU will greatly resemble the MCinematicU so it makes sense from thier end. I can tell it's going to piss me off if they follow the abomination of an Antman movie for Pym's character in comics.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 03:13 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cant blame you.
Dont have a problem with the movie but, it took Pym ages to become top tier...

Old Post May 13th, 2015 10:22 PM
Shadow_King
-

Did this actually happened, did the x-men get there own world separate from the rest of marvel characters??

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 05:57 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote