KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Orville season 2

Orville season 2
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Laugh Orville season 2

"We have a lot in common. People treat us like we don't belong here."

Indeed they do, Seth. laughing

And I just realized, the ship looks kind of like a woman's shoe.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 01:34 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Am I a bad person for siding with the punk?

Hell, I was offered beer at 15, by cousins.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 01:47 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Also just noticed Boris.

Bore.

Worf is a bore.

Can't be a coincidence. smile

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 01:55 AM
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

The Orville is really good fanfic.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 02:51 AM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Orville season 2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
...And I just realized, the ship looks kind of like a woman's shoe.

THANK you; i just told my youngest kid that, and he doesnt see it.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 04:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Homage to Hitchhikers Guied to the Galaxy or Cheap MacFarlene Rip Off Move?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 07:11 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I liked the first season, Not sure what drugs the critics are on over at RT's to give it a low score.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 11:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^which is why i dont care about reviews.

This show is great.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 11:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^which is why i dont care about reviews.

But then if you take a look at the audience score, Its alot better

RT's so out of touch.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 01:14 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I loved this show, too. Can't wait for Season 2.

Although I wanted to re-watch Season 1 again before I see Season 2... not sure if I'll get around to that or not, though..

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 01:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
I liked the first season, Not sure what drugs the critics are on over at RT's to give it a low score.

I'd guess a combination of anti Macfarlene bias (He insets such in his writing enough, where you can conclude he's pigeonholed in Hollywood), and the fact the Orville came out around the same time as Discovery, which has big money behind it.

Some might even see The Orville as existing specifically to sabotage that show, along with subscription rates of a rival network, E.g. "Why pay for Trek, when you can watch our Trek inspired show for free?"

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 02:19 PM
riv6672

quote:
”Why pay for Trek, when you can watch our Trek inspired show for free?"

And the answer was, because the actual Trek show was awful, while the inspired show was just that, inspired.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 02:46 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by riv6672
And the answer was, because the actual Trek show was awful, while the inspired show was just that, inspired.

And I agree. thumb up

I'm just saying, some of these critics might see the tactic of releasing a competing show against a rival networks product that it needs as a cash cow for a premium channel as "underhanded".

Combine that with a total disrespect for Seth, and the attitude sums up like this:

"They're letting that clown make his farce of a vanity project just to hurt their competitors! F that, 7% on rotten tomatoes.

I probably should watch it, just to say I did.. For about a minute."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 03:04 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by cdtm
And I agree. thumb up

I'm just saying, some of these critics might see the tactic of releasing a competing show against a rival networks product that it needs as a cash cow for a premium channel as "underhanded"

But it could have sort of been coincidence, though, right? Seth has probably wanted to do the Orville for quite some time I would think..

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 03:59 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Seth probably has, yeah. I bet he has a lot of ideas, and finds them a hard sell because he's pigeonholed as "The fart joke guy."

Discovery was probably the leverage he needed to get the network to agree to it.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 04:14 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kazenji

Its called The Shill Pill!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 06:58 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seth's also a ST fan and it shows it in The Orville.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 01:09 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

should I try to watch this again

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 04:01 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

An underwhelming season opener to say the least, glad this show's back though, I'm sure there are awesome episodes on the way.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 09:55 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Booris public peeing is actually less gross then Spock's mating thing. thumb up

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 10:17 PM