KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » ABC's Once Upon A Time

ABC's Once Upon A Time
Started by: Reflassshh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

ABC's Once Upon A Time

Any thoughts?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 07:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good show

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 11:09 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I think I saw half an episode once. Is this the show that uses a chubby actress to portray "Belle"?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 11:14 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It's plot is similar to fables'? How much?

I'm interested in watching this show but if it's just a ripoff of fables I know I won't like it.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:19 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
QE™

It's a so so show. Not too good.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 11:57 PM
QE™ is currently offline Click here to Send QE™ a Private Message Find more posts by QE™ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

is this even worth watching?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 6th, 2015 03:52 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, I enjoy it. See why it wouldn't be others' cup of tea though. Rumplestiltskin is mostly what sells it for me.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2015 12:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's pretty good, not spectacular

Old Post Apr 6th, 2015 02:34 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If you dig a darker take on some Disney characters and such than the Disney animated films, then it's probably the thing for you.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2015 04:39 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heathjack

its ok show kind of confusing since i didn't watch the being of it the effects are super cheesy but i enjoy the stories!!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 12:47 PM
heathjack is currently offline Click here to Send heathjack a Private Message Find more posts by heathjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Does anyone else find Rumpelstiltskin from OUAT to be a complete jerk?

*Spoilers, Duh*

Am I the only one who finds Once Upon a Time to be Depressing when it comes to Rumpelstiltskin. He is such a Villain.

Think about this.... His own son who he loved & died to protect gave his life to bring Rumple back so he could help stop the wicked witch. His son died believing his father was redeemed. Rumple has a second chance of life.... A chance to redeem himself and honor his son's memory by becoming a better man.... And what does he chose to do with this second chance??? He uses it to gain more power and becomes all the more corrupt.

He completely dishonors his son’s memory. His own son gave his life, and Rumple was given a second chance yet he uses his second chance at life to more evil. What a monster!!!

Also, he lied to Belle, making her believe that he had redeemed himself and had truly changed, but he hadn't. He was the same evil dark one as always.

When she found out, she left him (quite right too), and Rumple seemed to feel regret).

However, as evil as all these things are, one could argue that the dark power is just like a drug that he wants to be free from, but is part of him so he can't help continuing down the dark path.

In season 5, he's free from the darkness. He's no longer the dark one (the dagger goes to another) and says he's sorry for the evil he's committed. He seems to show regret for lying to Belle and wants to change. Belle even gives him another chance. Rumple promises Belle to become the man she wanted him to be. And he's now free from the dagger, so the darkness is no longer a part of him. He can chose the lighter path.

But despite this, he choses to become the dark one again (out of his own free will) and continues down the evil path. He’s learned nothing! He’s going to continue lying to Belle again and continue manipulating her, and broke his promise to her. He flat-out stated earlier that he felt awful for what he did to Belle and how he’s doing it all over again. Will he ever learn??? I mean, come on! Belle is obviously going to find out that he’s lied to her eventually, and she’ll then leave him for good.

If he really loves her like he says he does, why isn’t he willing to change for her? He’s obviously going to break her heart again! He is also completely dishonoring his son’s memory. Will he ever learn! For this reason, I just hate the character! He’s an absolute monster who can never be redeemed. All of his regrets like abandoning his son, etc are down to the dark power, so why doesn’t he be rid of it? I keep rooting for Rumple to become good but he keeps going the dark way. What a jerk!!!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 01:04 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote