KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Superhero Mount Rushmore

Superhero Mount Rushmore
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Superhero Mount Rushmore

if you had to build a Mount Rushmore of Comicbooks and put 4 faces on it, whose faces would you choose and why? these would be the 'faces' of comicbooks and would be representing the history/legacy (modern and past) of the industry. come up with the 4 faces you think best represent the comicbook industry as a whole, past and present. i'll give my own list later so as not to steak anyone's thunder.

please explain WHY you put who you did on the mountain.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 05:37 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

the entirety of comics history represented by 4 faces?

you mean characters or creators?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 05:43 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Four best superhero's to give us a Mount Rushmore?

In my mind:

Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and Wolverine.

Now, I'm not a huge Superman fan but he definitely deserves it, as do the rest. They're four of the most popular, plus they're four that have withstood the test of time and are always staying popular (have you ever heard a little kid mention Power Man? lol) If they wrote Flash the way he should be written, he would have a shot up there, but they don't, so he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Anti-Wolverine people, c'mon...yes he gets the focus on like every comic, and yes the fanboys give him more of a god appearance than he really is, but the fact of the matter is that he's widely accepted as one of the coolest X-Men, and he's generally a fan favorite, and there are TONS of people that I know that say the reason they got into comics is because of him.

Those are the 4 I think deserve it, and there's no possible way I'm gonna go the politically correct "don't want to offend anyone route" and throw Wonder Woman in there just cause she's a woman and "provides a good role model". Good character, but she doesn't match up to those 4.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 06:11 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

i'd; try and put one for different comic companies but there is only three i like so id do them here would be my four
Batman,spawn,Spiderman,wolverine

mine is alot like no fate's list i picked these guys not because they are my favorite characters but many other peoples you cant go up to anybody pretty much that doesnt know who wolverine is same with spiderman and batman all have big movie franchises Spawn however isnt as well known but is one of the biggest image characters out there

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 06:27 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Superman. Batman. Spider-Man. Wolverine.

or

Superman. Batman. Spider-Man. Wonder-Woman.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 07:02 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Superman, Batman, Spiderman and Captain America

I personally think Namor can be switched with either Spidey or Cap.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 07:16 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Professor N

SUPERMAN - often seen as the original superhero and the definition of a comic book hero

BATMAN - along with superman he is arguably DC most popular character

SPIDERMAN - in marvel i think few characters have the popularity of this character

WOLVERINE - ditto for spiderman, arguably the most famous x man

I think these characters (with the possible exception of batman) are generally seen as the favourite/coolest/best powered superheros.
I have taken into account what i consider occassional comic book readers, and cartoons based on the characters, as well as die hard comic book readers.

Obviously when you think of comics you DONT think of celestials, skyfathers, eternals or gods.

You think of the most famous superheros there are.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 07:21 PM
Professor N is currently offline Click here to Send Professor N a Private Message Find more posts by Professor N Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Marvel : Spider-Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor.

DC : Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Shazam.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 07:53 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Only 4, huh Leo? Interesting thread, by the way.

How someone does not add Supes, I don't know....even if they hate the f****r.

From there it's Batman, Spiderman, and the last spot gets interesting....toss up between Cap'n American, The Hulk, and Wonder Woman I suppose.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 08:06 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Oh....they deserve to be on it because of lengivity, $sales, and popularity. That's my answer and I'm sticking to it. wink

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 08:07 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Longshot, The Tick, The Doctor, and Doop

... wink

Cap/Spidey/Bats/Supes might go over better, but that's my 4 damnit!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 08:17 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman or Captain America

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 08:18 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Even the Superman haters can't deny him his place on Rushmore. This should be about influence, popularity and durability.
He would be joined by Batman, naturally. Plus Spider Man - the top single face of Marvel. The fourth spot, it's between Capatin America and The Hulk. Hulk pioneeered the hero as misunderstood monster, and has one of the longest runs of popularity as an anti-hero. Cap was created because of WW2, and is a symbol of national spirit and trying to lead by example.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 08:27 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
the entirety of comics history represented by 4 faces?

you mean characters or creators?

could be a combination. no rules. just who do you think best defines comicbooks/comicbook history.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 09:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oh, and good thinking out of the box, scoob. i fear i lead people down the strictly superherp route by the title. mayeb COMICBOOK Rushmore would have been more apt . . .

but some great ideas anyway. seems spidey supes and bats are almost everyone's choices, but that fourth position has been interesting.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 10:09 PM
Professor N

I suppose if you are including creators, superheros etc. . . as well i would put my moutain as

Stan Lee
Alex Ross ( I think he is brilliant )
Superman
Spiderman

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 10:15 PM
Professor N is currently offline Click here to Send Professor N a Private Message Find more posts by Professor N Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

all right, after much consideration, my mountain would feature these 4:

stan lee - no need i trust for explanations . . .

jack kirby - they didn't call him the king for nothing. at one time or another he put his mark on nearly every comicbook that had any relevence. when i think of comics, i think of jack every time . . .

superman - how can you not? even if he technically wasn't the first, he's the one most responsible for putting comics in the public eye and keeping it there. movies, tv, comicstrips. too many reasons to name . . .

spiderman - many of the same reasons apply to spidey as they do to supes. my main reason though is because spidey was the first (among the first) of marvel's innovative and more 'realistic' superheroes that changed the face of the industry. marvel wanted to add realism to comics. they chose spidey to exemplify that ideal, and i believe they chose well indeed . .. wink

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 10:35 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I would put one face for each company

Superman- would be first of course , he is the forerunner of all comics

Spider man is next - the most famous marvel character their is ( most people know spideys origins and his basic enemies , can a random bystander say the same for wolvie ? ....didn't think so)

Spawn- his fame preceded him during the 1990's so our image representative get's third place with his face carved into the rock

Marv - Yup , dark horses semi-popular Antihero get's the last place as not many people know of dark horse (compared to the others)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 10:46 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

If we're throwing in creators too it gets too hard. Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, George Perez, Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man should all be there. I petition for a 6 man mountain. yes

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 10:58 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
Four best superhero's to give us a Mount Rushmore?

In my mind:

Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and Wolverine.

Now, I'm not a huge Superman fan but he definitely deserves it, as do the rest. They're four of the most popular, plus they're four that have withstood the test of time and are always staying popular (have you ever heard a little kid mention Power Man? lol) If they wrote Flash the way he should be written, he would have a shot up there, but they don't, so he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Anti-Wolverine people, c'mon...yes he gets the focus on like every comic, and yes the fanboys give him more of a god appearance than he really is, but the fact of the matter is that he's widely accepted as one of the coolest X-Men, and he's generally a fan favorite, and there are TONS of people that I know that say the reason they got into comics is because of him.

Those are the 4 I think deserve it, and there's no possible way I'm gonna go the politically correct "don't want to offend anyone route" and throw Wonder Woman in there just cause she's a woman and "provides a good role model". Good character, but she doesn't match up to those 4.

I agree yes

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 11:01 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote