KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Luke Skywalker Could be Gay vs Rey's Parentage

Luke Skywalker Could be Gay vs Rey's Parentage
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Luke Skywalker Could be Gay vs Rey's Parentage

So Mark Hamill has recently stated that Luke Skywalker's sexual orientation is open to interpretation:

"...fans are writing and ask all these questions, 'I'm bullied in school... I'm afraid to come out'. They say to me, 'Could Luke be gay?' I'd say it is meant to be interpreted by the viewer... If you think Luke is gay, of course he is. You should not be ashamed of it. Judge Luke by his character, not by who he loves.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...e-skywalker-gay

A sentiment he's seemingly expressed in the past:

https://twitter.com/obiskyguy/statu...src=twsrc%5Etfw

Now this could just be a PC response to an LGBT issue, but at the same time Hamill flat out states that Luke's sexuality is "never directly addressed in the films."

Wouldn't this be rendered completely untrue if Rey is revealed to be Luke's child?

Meanwhile we have John Boyega stating that Finn and Poe's relationship is supposed to be a bromance, so clearly not everything is open to interpretation.

So yeah one hand a pretty cool thing, but on the other hand I feel it blows a rather large hole in the "Rey is Luke's daughter" theory. Cause he needs a wifey for that. smile

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He just said audiences can see Luke in a way that relates to them. That would apply to heterosexual fans as much as it would homosexual.

But fact is in the OT Luke fancied Leia, not Han.

And no I don't think it would be a good idea to suddenly make him gay now, nor do I think they will go that route. But even if they did, doesn't mean he couldn't have got with a woman(Rey's Mum) at some point.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 04:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

He could be bisexual for all we know. Sexuality isn't black and white.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 04:59 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Its not so much I expect them to go that route, but rather it indicates it will remain ambiguous, good point though Joker.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 05:01 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

In ANH Luke did kinda look very interested in Leia... But maybe that was because he was into incest... Never saw him look at Han that way though.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 08:10 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Luke is a raging homo, that's what I got from the films

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 08:45 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Luke is a raging homo, that's what I got from the films

Sorry to disappoint you, but not every character is like Kang stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 10:50 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sorry to disappoint you, but not every character is like Kang stick out tongue

That would actually explain his anti-women rants

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 11:29 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ah... the plot thickens...

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 04:18 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

If Luke isn't Rey's dad then the only other thing I could think of would be Rey either being conceived by the Force, thus being Anakin reincarnated. Or she was artificially created by Snoke using Anakin's DNA, using something similar to Plagueis' ability to manipulate the midichlorians to create life. That's why she was drawn to the lightsaber because she's basically Anakin reincarnated.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Why is that the ONLY other thing? Why can't there just be another strong Force user around? In mean, the PT Jedi Temple was SWARMING with Force users...

I don't understand why you (and some other people) adhere so strictly to what's in the movies and that everything for some reason must return...

I think she's just a new character.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 06:43 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by queeq
Why is that the ONLY other thing? Why can't there just be another strong Force user around? In mean, the PT Jedi Temple was SWARMING with Force users...

I don't understand why you (and some other people) adhere so strictly to what's in the movies and that everything for some reason must return...

I think she's just a new character.

That's the only thing I can think of, not the only other possible option. She's undeniably related to the Skywalker lineage though. Anakin's lightsaber called out to her for a reason.

It'd be pretty bad writing to include that weapon if there wasn't some kind of connection. Otherwise...why not just use someone else's lightsaber. Like Obi-Wan or something.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The connection could be the Force... awaking... seeking out new heroes to restore balance.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 09:53 PM
atv2

I believe that Luke is Heterosexual. Didn't JJ say that the Force Awakens is age-appropriate? It would be in balance for the audience to keep him heterosexual because homosexuality is inappropriate.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 05:10 AM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by queeq

they've grown accustomed to that contrived style of storytelling from the PT (and Rotj+ep7, to some extent). everything has to be tied together. a previously unmentioned man and woman cannot simply conceive a child. i mean...who does that?

and saddly, they'll probably be right. luke's clone or force baby. i suppose the clone angle wouldnt be too bad. sick to death of immaculate-conception angle. no more force-jesus. force-jesus is stupid and lame.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Mar 27th, 2016 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It is.

But I keep the distinct possibility open that Rey is NOT a Skywalker. It is after all, a soft reboot. Which would mean SW could go in a new direction. After all, Lucas did say the Skywalker story was over after the PT and OT. Not that they have to stick with his ideas, but it would make sense if we can finally stop rehashing all the rather incredulous family relations and start fresh.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 02:43 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by atv2
I believe that Luke is Heterosexual. Didn't JJ say that the Force Awakens is age-appropriate? It would be in balance for the audience to keep him heterosexual because homosexuality is inappropriate.
LMAO.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 02:44 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

glad to see atv2 finally got the attention he's desperately craving.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 05:47 PM
atv2

Yep and Finn and Poe will also be straight with women on their side!!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2016 04:09 PM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote