KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » New Star Trek Film

New Star Trek Film
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

New Star Trek Film

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 03:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Sweet.
I’m always up for some more Star Trek.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 09:11 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
After orchestrating the Marvel/Disney+ series WandaVision to a 23-Emmy-nomination haul, Matt Shakman has made a deal to direct the next untitled Star Trek film for Paramount and Bad Robot’s JJ Abrams.

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 12:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I take it the JJ Abrams Bad Robot is basically a confirmation this is a continuation of the Trek 2009 series.

I like the cast so don't mind. Just feel they need to stop trying so hard to be a big box office success. Just try to be a solid Trek film. But one that can bring new fans on board. I thought Trek 2009 did a decent job of that tbh.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 03:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Sweet, been too long.

I'm actually happy they're using the same cast from Star Trek 2009 and I'm happy with the director, looking at his resume, he's done a ton of shows, many of them good to great.

Do wonder how they're going to handle Chekhov, recast the character or write him out in some fashion? I prefer a recast as Chekov is an important character.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 04:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Star Trek needs to die.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 04:36 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Star Trek is like Star Wars for smart people.

Lucas has said that Star Trek was a major inspiration when he was creating Star Wars.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 04:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
(please log in to view the image)

abrams did okay with the first reboot episode, so i'll hold out on prejudging this one. i'm not suggesting that your wariness is unwarranted; but let's not behave as if they hired zack snyder or michael bay, that's all i'm saying

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:11 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
I prefer a recast as Chekov is an important character.

I mean I personally feel like Marvel should have recast Chadwick Boseman who was far more critical a role to that franchise. Chekov on the other hand can easily just not show up again. So doubt they will recast out of "respect"

But I agree with you that they should recast Chekov. As they should have done with T'Challa.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I mean I personally feel like Marvel should have recast Chadwick Boseman who was far more critical a role to that franchise. Chekov on the other hand can easily just not show up again. So doubt they will recast out of "respect"

But I agree with you that they should recast Chekov. As they should have done with T'Challa.

You need two people to fly the f**king ship, man!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:16 PM
Darth Thor

Star Trek is like Star Wars for smart people.

Hey can have plenty of intellectual conversation around Star Wars!

Star Wars is more fantasy, Star Trek is more science fiction.

Star Wars is more mythological, Star Trek more political.

Deep Space Nine is probably my favourite all time show. But honestly most people wouldn't get past the first two seasons.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I know; like you, I enjoy both franchises.

Would even say I enjoy Star Wars more.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:27 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

STtOS is the greatest show ever.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:29 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know; like you, I enjoy both franchises.

Would even say I enjoy Star Wars more.
Rey...smile so beautiful!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:30 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Recasting in circumstances like RL death is never easy, but I agree that it can be done.
“The show must go on” is the acting credo for a reason.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:49 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

thumb up
Rey...smile so beautiful!

thumb up

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:51 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

*3rd greatest. we mustn't forget TnG and DS9 wink

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 09:31 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
abrams did okay with the first reboot episode, so i'll hold out on prejudging this one. i'm not suggesting that your wariness is unwarranted; but let's not behave as if they hired zack snyder or michael bay, that's all i'm saying

He made Into Darkness, easily one of the worst Star Trek films. He's admitted he doesn't even like Star Trek. Also:

Literally just the first minute. I mean, I get that Star Trek movies can be dumbed down a bit from TV, but JFC. Plus, what he did with Star Wars, and that whole thing...

Also yes, TNG and DS9 reach heights I don't think TOS ever truly did.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Jul 14th, 2021 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 10:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
*3rd greatest. we mustn't forget TnG and DS9 wink

Originally posted by -Pr-

Also yes, TNG and DS9 reach heights I don't think TOS ever truly did.

Yup thumb up

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 10:45 PM