KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Babadook (2014)

The Babadook (2014)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Babadook (2014)

Pretty decent little Australian psychological horror film. Borrows from The Shining a little bit. It's pretty nicely put together.

quote:
A single mother, plagued by the violent death of her husband, battles with her son's fear of a monster lurking in the house, but soon discovers a sinister presence all around her.

IMDB

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 04:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I thought it was merely decent. It didn't live up to the hype.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 04:49 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Didn't like it to much. Kid was overly annoying too.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 05:26 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

It was garbage.

The kid is such an annoying little f**k.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 05:26 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, it's easy to b!tch about little things in it. I think you have to enjoy the little things...

Overall I thought the lead actress was impressive and it has some nice old-school horror filmmaking techniques and skillful editing.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 05:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

As a low budget horror flick I like "It Follows" better than this film.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 06:07 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Agreed. I hadn't expected much when I heard the premise but It Follows was surprisingly good.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 06:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

any nudity??? lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 06:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You all are ****ing fruitcakes, the little kid from this film was a ****ing badass and would beat the shit out of all you pussy ass little cock suckers at the same time.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 07:48 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

There was a few times the mom clearly wanted to bash her own kids head in with a bat[SPOILER - highlight to read]: before being possessed that is. When she was of a clear mind

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 07:53 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I was kinda disappointed. You could feel the love between the mother & her son but their performances were a bit over powering when they were together onscreen.

The trailers also gave the impression that the kid fights back with homemade weapons & booby traps like Home Alone & sadly that was not the case.

There's also a short film included in the Blu-ray about the Babadook that's both cute & poignant.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 02:34 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I'm a huge fan of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, I dug some of the homages to it, mainly the Babadooks design. The kid was annoying as Hell though.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 02:36 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote