KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Persephone

Persephone
Started by: turin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
turin

Persephone

k, i thought a thread discussing Persephone would be relevant. My two questions about her are, what is her role in the Matrix, and why does she go around making out with everyone (neo and niobe)? do you think it is possible that with her kiss comes some kind of computer virus whos affects we have yet to see?

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromė himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 05:31 AM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

i believe that she is the mother of the matrix....for proof, go check out he "for those who have seen the matrix" thread. i've explained myself several times. and i believe that she wants to experience love. she was there to explore human psyche, so i'm assuming emotion as well. I guess she found what a powerful emotion love is. She wants to feel loved. that's why she wants people to kiss her as if they were kissing the one they love.

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 05:46 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

guys did anyone notice the fairy-like babe at the end of the 'second renaissance' animatrix series? she was standing on a human harvesting field(where they harvested neo from) and looking at a baby with eyes of pity. if you havent seen the second renaissance then hurry...i think thats persephone!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 12:11 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I was most likely too busy hating it to notice...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 12:54 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

IMO: Persephone is a program written by The Oracle and the Architect in unison, to investigate human emotions – and now keeps an eye on exiled programs.
What does she DO in M2? She helps the system get Neo to the Architect. She delivers the Keymaker. I think the Merovingian is far more dangerous than we’ve seen this far (his name btw, in case anyone wants to know is derived from a line of French kings from the 5th to 8th century, and a later order of the grail. The Merovingian Order of the Holy Grail).
If we look at her from a storytelling point of view, she is a n obstacle to get to the Keymaker. Just as Seraph is an obstacle to get to the Oracle (fighting), she is a problem that must be overcome to get to the Keymaker (emotions). It looks as if she tries to seduce Neo (and I still hope Trinity gets to shoot her in Revolutions big grin). But she makes sure that he gets to the Architect.
We seem to know the purpose of most of the programs running around. Attack-programs, help-service, hack-programs, viruses etc. We meet exiled programs who run around doing something they’re not supposed to.
The mother, we hear, was originally written to investigate aspects of the human psyche. That sounds like this entire over-ego, ego, subconscious desires etc. etc. etc. Correct me if I’m wrong, my Jung is fairly rusty. Maybe Persephone was written to SAMPLE human emotions.
Vis-a-vis… love.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 03:11 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

nice deduction omega! you do make great sense with the sampling bit, 'cause persephone had to kiss niobe and her partner in the game. why does she have to kiss everyone? but remember, she said she had felt loved before, so she couldnt possibly be a program now could she? and when she said she used to be loved, she probably didnt mean the merovingian!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 03:39 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

one more bleak guess..when persephone mentioned being loved once, could she had fallen in love with a former chosen one? maybe the one that freed morpheous.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 03:42 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Alaba> Well, Persephone tells us that when her and the Merovingian first came to the Matrix, “he was just like him” (meaning I take it, the Merovingian was just like Neo). So think it means Persephone and the Merovingian used to be in love, but the latter program is now slightly degenerate. The Meorvingain tells Neo that he’s survived Neo’s predecessors. So Persephone and the Merovingian have been hanging out in the Matrix for a long long time. That is only possible if both are programs. smile

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 03:46 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

sure omeg....i rest my case!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 08:15 PM
BEST TRINITY

I think persephone helped the other "ones" too and thats why Mero said about he survived neos predesesors. Thats why he said that he has no porpuse ,coz this was happened before so you see i think this M2 THE CREW(neo, trin, morph) did whatever everyones said. M3 gonna be more "acting by yourself" with Neo. I think he doesnt gonna listen anyone.(oracle, morph , arquitect)

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 09:32 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

when did Persephone kissed Naibe, did it happened in M2?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 01:11 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

in the video game, but it is live footage.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromė himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 03:30 AM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

alaba, I dont believe that morpheus was freed by a former one. i think the time period between the "ones" is far too much time for it to be spaned in one life time.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 03:32 AM
alaba
THE ONE

sure turin but morph himself said the former 'one' freed the first of us....

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 11:35 AM
alaba
THE ONE

ohhhhh i get it...freeing the first of us doesnt have to mean he was among

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 11:36 AM
Corran
Lucifer

The former 'one' freeing the first of them is like the architect said, they will re-start Zion with the 'one' choosing those that are to be part of the start of Zion.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 12:26 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

I think that neo is going to do a terrific in M3

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 12:29 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

Did u see a photo someone told in this forum about neo and trinity in M3 that neos was blindfolded???

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 12:30 PM
alaba
THE ONE

once again, i insist you guys go see the first reconnaisance(part 2)...sure that was persephone at the end

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 01:28 PM
turin

dude i dont think that was persephone

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:01 AM