KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Spiderman returning in an MCU film.

Spiderman returning in an MCU film.
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

Spiderman returning in an MCU film.

From the Hollywood reporter.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-studios-772127

I know it was already mentioned in another thread but I thought to have some centralized discussion in this thread would be good.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Feb 10th, 2015 at 02:41 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 02:39 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Spider-Man looks to be appearing in the Captain America: Civil War film.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...erica-civil-war

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 09:31 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Spider-Man looks to be appearing in the Captain America: Civil War film.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...erica-civil-war

Sinister Six movie still going ahead? That's strange, seen as TASM2 set up SS, and yet the TASM series is being rebooted.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 09:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Garfield replaced, thank God...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Sinister Six movie still going ahead? That's strange, seen as TASM2 set up SS, and yet the TASM series is being rebooted.

From what I read in an article was that Sony still has the rights to Spider-Man, in the sense that they can govern what happens to Spider-Man in a film if it's something they don't like. Marvel just gets the benefit of allowing to have him appear in a film.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:14 PM
Darth Thor

From what I read in an article was that Sony still has the rights to Spider-Man, in the sense that they can govern what happens to Spider-Man in a film if it's something they don't like. Marvel just gets the benefit of allowing to have him appear in a film.

Yeah but it's a shared Universe between them now. That alone means there will have to be major collaboration between the studios in everything they do.

I mean Sony can't have the Sinister Six destroying New York without discussing with Marvel what that will mean for the MCU.

Similarly Marvel can't have Spider-Man revealing his secret identity to the world in Civil War without discussing with Sony what that would mean for their Solo Spider-Man movies.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:25 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So we're going to have two different Spidey's on the bigscreen?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:26 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Yeah but it's a shared Universe between them now. That alone means there will have to be major collaboration between the studios in everything they do.

I mean Sony can't have the Sinister Six destroying New York without discussing with Marvel what that will mean for the MCU.

Similarly Marvel can't have Spider-Man revealing his secret identity to the world in Civil War without discussing with Sony what that would mean for their Solo Spider-Man movies.

And I am just sitting here waiting for a Sentry film or appearance...

But yeah who do you want to see playing Spider-Man?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:34 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
So we're going to have two different Spidey's on the bigscreen?

No just the one. Garfield is out.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:42 PM
Darth Thor

But yeah who do you want to see playing Spider-Man?

Honestly not thought about it. I loved Garfield in the role but am more than happy to have him leave for Spider-Man to be in the MCU.

As long as it's a half decent actor I'm not bothered. Because once he puts that mask on Spidey is Spidey whoever plays him. But I do hope he keeps the cocky sense of humor Garfield had. That is how Spidey is in the comics anyway.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:45 PM
Senor Cage

I hated Garfield, TBH. Glad we're getting a new one.

AMC movie talk segment.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:16 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

if anyone whether it be internet trolls or not want someone hired to be of old age, think again, the actor hired will be someone younger than that sorry ass Garfield was

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...nger-spider-man

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
if anyone whether it be internet trolls or not want someone hired to be of old age, think again, the actor hired will be someone younger than that sorry ass Garfield was

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...nger-spider-man

This article as well is saying Sinister Six and Female Spider related movies still happening. I don't get that.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 12:00 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

I still think Marvel & Disney could have waited Sony out, and eventually gotten the rights free and clear. The latter was the desperate party here; the MCU is the biggest franchise going right now. They don't need to do favours for a rival.

I guess they really care about old Webhead...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 12:02 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider

I guess they really care about old Webhead...

Of course they do. He's always been Marvel's Poster Boy. It would be like Dc not being able to use Superman or Batman. Although that probably aided Marvel in its Mega success with smaller properties.

It wasn't about financial need/greed for them at this point. It was the sentiment of being able to use their No.1 Icon. It was about fan satisfaction. The fans who used to buy those Marvel comics to see Spider-Man team up with the Avengers.

And as far as I can tell they haven't invested much(if any) financial risk in this deal.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 12:11 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13

AMC movie talk segment.

Man that was a seriously boring analysis of the biggest Superhero movie news since the announcement of Batman vs Superman.

Where the heck was Kristian Harloff?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 12:18 AM
Senor Cage

So psyched about this! My favorite Marvel character aside from Hulk and Wolverine interacting with the likes of Thor, Hulk, and possibly GOTG. Good news all around.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 12:22 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Can you guys imagine the mark out moment when Spidey shows up in the Iron spider armor.

I hope he's in Avengers 3 along with the Netflix guys.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 01:28 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

This article as well is saying Sinister Six and Female Spider related movies still happening. I don't get that.

i don't either but i guess its all part of the deal

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 06:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

The only Female spidey film I think would be cool is Spider-gwen.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 06:19 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote