KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 10 most impressive force feats in the new canon continuity

Top 10 most impressive force feats in the new canon continuity
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Gone, But Never Forgotten

Top 10 most impressive force feats in the new canon continuity

What are your top 10? Include anything you want; doesn't have to be combative related. Make note if you take into consideration environmental factors/nexuses/oneness/amps/etc

My list (might be missing a few I'm not thinking of)

1. Anakin dominating the Son and Daughter of Mortis (despite using a nexus I find it the most impressive because Anakin was the only one who could do it)
2/3 Oneness Kanan
3/2 Yoda's mountain feat (relied on some sort of environmental factor that wouldn't have allowed him to replicate it under ordinary conditions; not sure whether to put it above oneness Kanan)
4. *Plagueis manipulating the midichlorians* (asterisks b/c we don't know if Sheev was lying)
5. Rey's boulder feat (simply because how easily/casually she did it)
6. Sidious's ability to ragdoll Savage, Maul, and Dooku without visible difficulty
7. Yoda absorbing Sidious's lightning(?)
8. Inquisitors holding back a shuttle (could get booted off if someone convinces me that a shuttle's thrust is not as strong as one might think)
9. Talzin's self-levitation and bubble shield/lightning (assuming this relies on the force to some degree)
10. Savage's ability to ragdoll Dooku and Ventress purely telekinetically, and then do it again to Kenobi and Anakin through physical augmentation (impressive when considering Savage's lack-luster feats up until that point)
11[to compensate for #4]. Sidious's and Dooku's sith sorcery in TCW (could be higher, but we don't really know how impressive this is in canon. Still pretty cool considering how they were able to look into the future)

Old Post Yesterday 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Site Head Manager

JKBart is online now!

Yoda surviving 900 years

Old Post Yesterday 02:43 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart
Yoda surviving 900 years
That's attributed to his species, dipshit........(jk I luv u fuhrer)

Old Post Yesterday 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Jedi Crusader

FreshestSlice is online now!

The fact that Vader isn't even on this list means I can dismiss it out of hand, tbh.

Old Post Yesterday 03:00 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The fact that Vader isn't even on this list means I can dismiss it out of hand, tbh.
The only thing I can think of is the AT AT feat which isn't that impressive IMO. It's a 4-legged stucture; he was only holding-back the force exerted its leg-motors, not the entire weight of the thing.

Old Post Yesterday 03:18 AM
FreshestSlice
Jedi Crusader

That's actually kind of dumb, but not really pertinent to the point either. Especially when you put the Inquisitor's holding back a shuttle.

Old Post Yesterday 03:36 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk

That's actually kind of dumb, but not really pertinent to the point either. Especially when you put the Inquisitor's holding back a shuttle.
Then it should be easy to tear apart, right? Go ahead.

Old Post Yesterday 12:42 PM
Darth Abonis

Vader holding back an AT-AT, should be on the list in the Star Wars comics by Jason Aaron

Old Post Yesterday 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Maul surviving Naboo is more impressive than most of those feats.

Old Post Yesterday 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

In no particular order:

Vader's feats
Anakin on Mortis
Yoda vs. that living mountain
Sidious unbalancing the Force / shrouding the Force in the dark side
Luke's projection
Qui Gon and Obi Wan's Force speed

Old Post Yesterday 06:40 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MoT-MoT

sidious ragdolling maul and savage, hell his senate pod feats isnt too bad in a movie only context

Old Post Yesterday 06:46 PM
Click here to Send MoT-MoT a Private Message Find more posts by MoT-MoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage

Vader withstanding the explosion of Cymoon 1 is better than anything Anakin, Dooku, and Savage ever did

Old Post Yesterday 08:45 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Jedi Crusader

Originally posted by Kurk
Then it should be easy to tear apart, right? Go ahead.

Vader doing the exact same thing?
Vader doing the exact same thing with a freighter?
Vader surviving Malachor?
You acting like an AT-AT is less impressive than a shuttle is also kind of stupid.

Could go on, but really shouldn't have to.

Old Post Yesterday 09:16 PM
Freedon Nadd

If Sidious is the Senate and he fights in the Senate. Does that mean he fvcks himself?

Old Post Yesterday 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

An unknown number of Jedi stopping a planet busting meteor.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Yesterday 09:19 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

1.) Mortis Anakin owning the Son and Daughter(Anchorites of the light and dark aspects of the force, respectively) - TCW
2.) Yoda stopping a living mountain via achieving a moment of unity/oneness with the Force - Star Wars #30
3.) Palpatine masking his presence from the Jedi Order for YEARS, whilst shrouding the galaxy in the dark side - TPM-RotS
4.) Bendu becoming a living storm, capable of manifesting lightning bolts that can one-shot AT-ATs - Rebels
5.) Kanan's oneness showing - Rebels

In no particular order...
-pre-ESB Luke shaking a Star Destroyer - Star Wars #25
-Rey's boulder feat - TLJ
-Yoda's ghost summoning lightning - TLJ
-Snoke linking the minds of Ben and Rey - TLJ
-Luke's projection feat - TLJ
-Vader stopping an AT-AT - Star Wars #2
-Palpatine force-choking Dooku from lightyearS away - TCW
-Palpatine ragdolling Maul+Savage - TCW
-Yoda lifting the X-Wing - ESB
-Vader lifting AT-STs - Rebels

"A great tactician creates plans.
A good tactician recognizes the soundness of a plan presented to him.
A fair tactician must see the plan succeed before offering approval.
Those with no tactical ability at all may never comprehend the plan, and will resent the tactician."

-Thrawn

Last edited by Galan007 on Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Old Post Yesterday 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk

Vader doing the exact same thing?
Vader doing the exact same thing with a freighter?
Vader surviving Malachor?
You acting like an AT-AT is less impressive than a shuttle is also kind of stupid.

Could go on, but really shouldn't have to.
Vader's durability can be attributed to his suit more than anything. Visual guides state that his body-glove was blast-dampening and insulated him from fire, explosions, hell it was even lightsaber resistant. If R2-D2 was able to survive this , it would be surprising if Vader didn't survive Malanchor or Cymoon.

(please log in to view the image)

Look at the scan. All he does is hold-back a single leg of the AT AT. There is no weight transfer involved; the only force being held back is that of the drive-motors in the "knee" joint and where it attaches to the body. Definitely nothing special.

What is a bit more impressive, due to how it's executed but not in magnitude, is when he "tears" apart the machine. Notice how he only targets the vulnerable spots of the AT AT; the joints and where the cabin connects to the body. It's not like he's outright crushing it or causing it to explode. This shows that Vader was refined and precise enough to direct his power to multiple points, but at the end of the day it's not anymore impressive than Dooku spreading out his telekinesis to simultaneously lift multiple obelisks.

I'm trying to find sources that state how powerful a shuttle's thrust is; like I said in OP, I'm open to booting that feat if it's debunked.

Old Post Yesterday 09:51 PM
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

^ In the preceding scan, Han states "Wait... Why aren't we moving!?":
https://i.imgur.com/FveLaEi.jpg
...Implying that Vader was stopping the entire AT-AT.

Additionally, the very first panel of the scan you posted depicts the entire AT-AT 'trembling'(which is often how the Force is depicted in comics):
(please log in to view the image)

This is further indicative of Vader using his TK to stop/hold the entire machine -- not just a single one of its legs.

"A great tactician creates plans.
A good tactician recognizes the soundness of a plan presented to him.
A fair tactician must see the plan succeed before offering approval.
Those with no tactical ability at all may never comprehend the plan, and will resent the tactician."

-Thrawn

Last edited by Galan007 on Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Old Post Yesterday 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MoT-MoT

stop posting galan

Old Post Yesterday 10:09 PM
Click here to Send MoT-MoT a Private Message Find more posts by MoT-MoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Knight of Ren

Originally posted by Galan007
[B]4.) Bendu becoming a living storm, capable of manifesting lightning bolts that can one-shot AT-ATs - Rebels/B]

Ah, yes. Thatís a good one. Bendu came off as incredibly powerful. A literal force of nature greater than any Sith or Jedi.

Old Post Yesterday 10:13 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote