KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Thanos's best feats.

Thanos's best feats.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VG_Addict

Thanos's best feats.

I would like to know what Thanos's best feats are. Specifically, I'm looking for strength, durability, intelligence, and speed.

Old Post May 9th, 2016 08:31 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Respect threads exist for a reason, you know.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 11th, 2016 07:24 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Thanos spy-robots are supposedly more sophisticated than Dr. Doom's by Doom's own admission; from Marvel: The End #2:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 15th, 2016 06:31 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In all fairness to Doom, that was before Marvel started riding his bone hard.

Starlin aside(cuz the man has gone full-tard), I really doubt that anyone on Marvel's 2014-2015 payroll would diminish Doom like that. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 15th, 2016 07:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
In all fairness to Doom, that was before Marvel started riding his bone hard.

Starlin aside(cuz the man has gone full-tard), I really doubt that anyone on Marvel's 2014-2015 payroll would diminish Doom like that. /shrug

Which is weird, given the movie situation. Like how they've sort of relegated mutants to give the Inhumans center stage. I wonder why the Doom-stroking actually exists, because it's certainly not their best financial move atm.

Old Post May 15th, 2016 09:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Digi
Which is weird, given the movie situation. Like how they've sort of relegated mutants to give the Inhumans center stage. I wonder why the Doom-stroking actually exists, because it's certainly not their best financial move atm.
I've wondered that myself.

I feel like Marvel's hardcore Doom-wankery inextricably took off around 2005-2006..? Because I remember it being a relatively new concept when I first joined this site. Of course, Hickman took it to entirely new levels in 2009-2010, when he started writing Fantastic Four and FF... He had the whole "Doom am ure Gawd!!!1!!111!!11!" thing mapped out from the beginning.

But yeah, it doesn't serve any sort of particular purpose for Marvel. Seems like some random fanboy started the trend one day, and the rest of the staff just hopped on the bandwagon. Not that I mind, but it is kind of strange.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 15th, 2016 at 09:59 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2016 09:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

I feel like Marvel's hardcore Doom-wankery inextricably took off around 2005-2006..? Because I remember it being a relatively new concept when I first joined this site. Of course, Hickman took it to entirely new levels in 2009-2010, when he started writing Fantastic Four and FF... He had the whole "Doom am ure Gawd!!!1!!111!!11!" thing mapped out from the beginning.

But yeah, it doesn't serve any sort of particular purpose for Marvel. Seems like some random fanboy started the trend one day, and the rest of the staff just hopped on the bandwagon. Not that I mind, but it is kind of strange.

i think it's more based on the fact that he is such a classic villain--likely the first TRUE supervillain in marvel history. i'd guess he was simply hickman's fave villain when he was a kid. lol it's sad, but i find myself wishing that he was actually someone ELSE's villain. the ff are...cool enough, and they've certainly developed over the last 10 or so years pretty dramatically, but it seems the ff are just never really loved like some of the other marvel characters. doom is sort of what lex could have been, and maybe a little of what they've tried, at times, to make lex more like.

@digi--financially, i don't think the issue is doom. i think it's just that no one likes the ff. in all honesty, with all the asinine power ups in marvel over the last bunch of years, the ff characters might have benefited the most from a power up. maybe. i mean if the ff were given the push and focus of friggin iron fist or black panther, maybe they'd be seen a bit differently today?

Old Post May 16th, 2016 01:05 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's more of an editorial decision I think. Just like Hulk being the top dog.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 08:47 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by leonidas
i think it's more based on the fact that he is such a classic villain--likely the first TRUE supervillain in marvel history. i'd guess he was simply hickman's fave villain when he was a kid. lol it's sad, but i find myself wishing that he was actually someone ELSE's villain. the ff are...cool enough, and they've certainly developed over the last 10 or so years pretty dramatically, but it seems the ff are just never really loved like some of the other marvel characters. doom is sort of what lex could have been, and maybe a little of what they've tried, at times, to make lex more like.

@digi--financially, i don't think the issue is doom. i think it's just that no one likes the ff. in all honesty, with all the asinine power ups in marvel over the last bunch of years, the ff characters might have benefited the most from a power up. maybe. i mean if the ff were given the push and focus of friggin iron fist or black panther, maybe they'd be seen a bit differently today?

I covered the FF's entire 616 history in my respect thread which gave me a great appreciation for them.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 18th, 2016 10:00 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote