KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Skyrim is really, REALLY bad

Skyrim is really, REALLY bad
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Skyrim is really, REALLY bad

is what I would say if I didn't like it.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 04:00 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

wut

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 04:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

He was right the first time.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 05:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Skyrim is not a bad game at all. Although I tend to prefer the Fallout games since, imo, they are much more true RPG's (particularly New Vegas which is probably one of my top 3 favorite games of all-time) than Skyrim is. Skyrim is still pretty damn good though even if the RPG aspects of it aren't all that great.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Dec 24th, 2019 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 05:32 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
He was right the first time.
You seriously need to figure out what you like, you're so odd in that way.

I recall at one point talking to you every other day about Dragon's Dogma and how much we both liked it, then in a thread I'd say a few months back, maybe a year, you said "One thing's for sure, Skyrim > Dragon's Dogma".

Now you're saying Skyrim's shit again, it's just really weird dude.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 05:39 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Skyrim is not a bad game at all. Although I tend to prefer the Fallout games since, imo, they are much more true RPG's (particularly New Vegas which is probably one of my top 3 favorite games of all-time) than Skyrim is. Skyrim is still pretty damn good though even if the RPG aspects of it aren't all that great.
I love Skyrim, it was the game that set me on the path of action-rpg's, I remember watching Tobuscus play it, my friend's in school talking about it.

Oddly enough, I only finished Skyrim's main story this year, back in the day though I modded the hell out of it and got 300+ hours in the game without getting very far in the story at all.

I even made some mods for it, which were honestly pretty shit:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56777/

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 06:09 PM
cdtm

Trouble with Skyrim, is it isn't really an RPGs, and for doesn't matter isn't really a game.

There's no real challenge to speak of, because of how leveling and crafting ust makes you absurdly overpowered. And you aren't so much role playing, if you can literally be EVERYTHING, and just wander around scripted events.

It's a sandbox experience, and a very immersive one at first, but it's the gaming equivalent of chinese food.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 06:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

But... I like chinese food. big grin

Yeah, as I said, the rpg elements are kind of lacking but it's still a pretty good game, imo. I loved the exploring and beautiful scenery and the combat was decent enough, imo.

To me, it's a sub-par rpg but an above average game overall. That is, above average when compared to other games (non-rpg's) that I've played.

As an RPG, I give it only like a 6/10, but overall I give it probably about an 8/10.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Dec 24th, 2019 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 07:23 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Jmanghan
You seriously need to figure out what you like, you're so odd in that way.

I recall at one point talking to you every other day about Dragon's Dogma and how much we both liked it, then in a thread I'd say a few months back, maybe a year, you said "One thing's for sure, Skyrim > Dragon's Dogma".

Now you're saying Skyrim's shit again, it's just really weird dude.
He's trolling, he's just parroting contrary opinions for the sake of doing so. He deliberately tries to cultivate a persona of subtle obnoxiousness.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 01:43 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NemeBro
He's trolling, he's just parroting contrary opinions for the sake of doing so. He deliberately tries to cultivate a persona of subtle obnoxiousness.
I get that but it's weird when he sounds so sincere about something then goes back to the trolling out of nowhere, if you're gonna troll, go all out.

I'm probably just bitching because I haven't slept, lol.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 02:24 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by NemeBro

By subtle, did you mean totally transparent? sad

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 02:31 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Skyrim is garbage

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 11:46 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:32 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Nah.
yeah

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 07:37 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Skyrim is garbage
What do you dislike about it?

Graphics are subpar, the combat is shit, there could be a bit more color in the world and the main story could be better, but its pretty fun besides that.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 11:38 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly think Skyrim is pretty weak in several areas, especially narrative, but a lot of the issues you could have with it can be fixed with modding, and when it is modded, it's a lot of fun.

It won't topple DAO as my favourite fantasy rpg, but I've still sunk plenty of hours in to it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 12:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly think Skyrim is pretty weak in several areas, especially narrative, but a lot of the issues you could have with it can be fixed with modding, and when it is modded, it's a lot of fun.

It won't topple DAO as my favourite fantasy rpg, but I've still sunk plenty of hours in to it.

I play on an Xbox 360.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 05:36 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
I play on an Xbox 360.

you poor thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 07:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

you poor thing.
I sent you a message.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 07:52 PM
cdtm

you poor thing.

It's no PS2. thumb up

At least it gives me a decently upscaled Ninja Gaiden Black.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 01:25 AM