KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Great reads that no one knows about..?

Great reads that no one knows about..?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Great reads that no one knows about..?

At some point we've all read a single comic and/or an entire comic series and thought to ourselves: "Damn, this is really good! I wonder if anyone else has read it..?"

That said, the concept of this thread is simple: comment on any comics you've found enjoyable(for whatever reason) that you don't think many people have read-- comics that aren't considered popular/well-known/mainstream. Obviously this is open to ALL companies... I'm trying to shed more light on the 'obscura'.

Some of mine:

DC
Camelot 3000
Green Lantern: Willworld
Empire
The Mighty
Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld

Marvel
Iron Man: Hypervelocity
Avataars: Covenant of the Shield
The Irredeemable Ant Man
The Last Avengers Story
Before the Fantastic Four: Reed Richards

Indie
Godland
Wasteland
Otherworld
Tom Strong
The Books of Faerie: Auberon's Tale

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 04:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Superman: Kal: Not a lot of people mention this when it comes to favorite Superman Elseworlds, but I really enjoy this one. The ending is sad, but at the same time, really enjoyable.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 05:17 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Not sure what the cutoff is for not-so-well-known, but...

Transmetropolitan; Warren Ellis at his best.
Otherworld (by Phil Jimenez), though as much for the art as the story.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 09:05 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Empowered.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 05:50 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

At the moment the Fury Max book.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 05:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

I've heard miracle man: fall of Olympus by Alan Moore was good

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 06:37 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

100 Bullets
Jack of Fables

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 07:01 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up @ JoF.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 07:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Archer & Armstrong is pretty cool.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 08:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Maybe The Irredeemable Ant Man, if it involves the perverted guy going around trying to get laid and spying on chicks.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 08:03 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I always liked the Elseworlds story of Superman Metropolis.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 8th, 2013 08:20 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Two Daredevil arcs:

Predator's Smile which is actually a novel, not a comic but is an epilogue to Born Again and Ann Nocenti's entire run.
Big chunks of her run are reprinted in the Daredevil Legends: Typhoid Mary and Lone Stranger TPB's. Basically after Wilson Fisk ruins Matt's life and wrecks Hell's Kitchen, Matt rebuilds while rekindling his romance with Karen Paige and helping poor people, including fighting Sabretooth during the Mutant Massacre and stopping a block war during Apocalypse's attack on Manhattan, only to be trapped by Typhoid and nearly killed during Inferno. Then leaving the city after a disturbing talk with Mephisto, fighting Ultron and going to Hell, having a nervous breakdown while Bullseye impersonates him and frames him for theft and rape, and finally getting in a position where he can get his old life back and ruin the Kingpin's.
Just as epic as Miller and Bendis.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 03:38 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

The Marquis
The Rat-catcher
Locke and Key
Peter Wisdom; Max

I'll think of more later.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 05:16 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Not sure if it is unknown but I always liked

Legend of World's Finest.

It went into depth about the similar and different aspects of Supes and Bats.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 06:14 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Indy:
Poison Elves. A fantasy about a city-living elf assassin Lusiphur... it's really good and a second series just started up (direct sequel to the first)

Ninja High School Shidoshi. A sequel to some prior stuff, but this is a complete arc. Ninja, robots, supers, and other stuff. It's got a complete arc with lotsa character development throughout, with the characters growing up and their stories concluding.

PS238. Kid superheroes in school. Really, really fun.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 08:50 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Indy:
Poison Elves. A fantasy about a city-living elf assassin Lusiphur... it's really good and a second series just started up (direct sequel to the first)

Ninja High School Shidoshi. A sequel to some prior stuff, but this is a complete arc. Ninja, robots, supers, and other stuff. It's got a complete arc with lotsa character development throughout, with the characters growing up and their stories concluding.

PS238. Kid superheroes in school. Really, really fun.

I'm not gonna turn into quality-control and be a total douche, BUT these are some pretty bland manga smile

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 09:22 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 11th, 2013 08:17 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Supergod
Originally posted by SamZED
Empowered.

You probably just read it for the bdsm fanservice.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2013 09:13 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Don't know how obscure this is, I've heard these characters referenced once and awhile on here...but CrossGen had some very good characters and comics in it imo.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 11th, 2013 12:34 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol.
That shit was just bizarre. You can tell Grant was on an LSD-induced tangent when he wrote that series.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2013 06:42 PM