KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Re: Kenobi show Ep 6 duel (see details )

Re: Kenobi show Ep 6 duel (see details )
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Re: Kenobi show Ep 6 duel (see details )

I hear a lot of people weren’t happy with the duel between Vader and Ben in ep6 : thought I will ask how would you have liked it to be and have happened or basically make it different etc ?

Like I would have liked it to be where Obi gets the upper hand obviously but in doing so strains and struggles a lot to get there hence it not being a cake walk … ie like kind of like a plot device in his favour etc

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2022 11:20 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

He should have connected with Qui-Gon's spirit while buried under the rocks. That connection would have given Obi-Wan a temporary amp and it would have made his victory over Vader more sensible.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2022 12:01 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Obi-Wan realized he forgot to reapply his skill points after respec and did it while under the rocks.

This explains why he's the first one out in every other battle against Sith, minus the ten minute long Flynning battle at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2022 12:23 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I think vader also was probably not in an ideal spot emotionally based on sidious telling him he was conflicted and how emotions biased his decision making in episode 5.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 09:51 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I think vader also was probably not in an ideal spot emotionally based on sidious telling him he was conflicted and how emotions biased his decision making in episode 5.

I'm not sure how accurate Sidious' interpretation of that could be, since he's feeling Vader's emotions after the latter just got his ass whupped.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I'm not sure how accurate Sidious' interpretation of that could be, since he's feeling Vader's emotions after the latter just got his ass whupped.

True, but we also saw this play out in episode 5 with the flashbacks basically spelling out for us why vader got outsmarted by his master. Narratively kenobi being a bogey man vader chokes against makes sense. And i'd say that's also supported in part with vader conceding kenobi was "the master" before in anh. Kenobi masters his emotions and outsmarts vader in episode 5. Vader, not being able to master his emotions, tries to prove himself and loses kenobi. Then in the next episode, kenobi, under pressure masters his emotions and wins, while vader doesn't and loses.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

It's still pretty jarring to see Vader, who tore open a starship (you know, the thing meant to absorb planetary re-entry, high velocity space debris, and turbolaser fire) as easy as kiss my hand, but Obi-Wan uses the power of Plot Convenience to level up and just stomp him.

Ignoring that Force feats in Disney SW are nearly as bad as old EU in scope, Vader's TK alone in that hangar puts him head and shoulders above any depiction in the movie eras, the Emperor included, and he should be able to just yeet Kenobi into low orbit.

But maybe those rocks were coated in sand, his ultimate weakness.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2022 02:52 PM
ozz81

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
It's still pretty jarring to see Vader, who tore open a starship (you know, the thing meant to absorb planetary re-entry, high velocity space debris, and turbolaser fire) as easy as kiss my hand, but Obi-Wan uses the power of Plot Convenience to level up and just stomp him.

Ignoring that Force feats in Disney SW are nearly as bad as old EU in scope, Vader's TK alone in that hangar puts him head and shoulders above any depiction in the movie eras, the Emperor included, and he should be able to just yeet Kenobi into low orbit.

But maybe those rocks were coated in sand, his ultimate weakness.

Yeah true i guess he did overpower kenobi in the ep 2, the way i see it in ep 6 his powers diminished as he reverted back to anakin etc ?!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2022 10:49 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by ozz81
Yeah true i guess he did overpower kenobi in the ep 2, the way i see it in ep 6 his powers diminished as he reverted back to anakin etc ?!

Except he easily overpowered Kenobi with the Force, when Kenobi tried to drop that rock pillar on him. This was before Obi-Wan when into the zone.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 07:47 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote