KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DONG Infinity Man Vs Kingdom Gog

DONG Infinity Man Vs Kingdom Gog
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

DONG Infinity Man Vs Kingdom Gog

Who wins?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 02:51 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

IM.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 03:34 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Gog. Even JSA Gog scared away Infinity Man.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 04:15 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I'm assuming DONG means death of mew gods??

If so infinity man as he was amped by the source.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:07 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Gog. Even JSA Gog scared away Infinity Man.
Bit of an overstatement. Their 'battle' lasted like 3 pages total. IM tanked a few of JSA Gog's blasts before teleporting away. Gog spent the entire 'fight' throwing around empty boasts -- so I take his "he fled" comment with a grain of salt.

Not even Kingdom Gog is on par with Scott Free /w/ ALE, imo... And that is the type of power required to truly stalemate this version of IM.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 27th, 2016 at 03:29 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 03:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Seeing how Scott killed Infinity Man without taking any damage I highly doubt it.

And Superman overpowered Infinity Man in h2h before he used an energy cage to contain him. Gog easily overpowered Superman several times casually.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 05:23 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Seeing how Scott killed Infinity Man
...With a blast that destroyed the ENTIRE Source Wall. Before that, they were stalemating -- NEITHER side was taking any significant damage.

Proof that Gog can generate enough power to destroy the Source Wall in its entirety, please. smile

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 06:23 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Seeing how Scott killed Infinity Man without taking any damage I highly doubt it.

And Superman overpowered Infinity Man in h2h before he used an energy cage to contain him. Gog easily overpowered Superman several times casually.

A holding back IM was urging a serious Superman to stop. He wasn't out there to kill Supes and wanted to spare his life. So "overpowering" is not a word I would choose.
IM was basically the "will" of the source.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 06:40 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Galan007
...With a blast that destroyed the ENTIRE Source Wall. Before that, they were stalemating -- NEITHER side was taking any significant damage.

Proof that Gog can generate enough power to destroy the Source Wall in its entirety, please. smile

Scott wasn't trying to kill IM before that.

Trading a few blasts don't mean much for stalemating.
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
A holding back IM was urging a serious Superman to stop. He wasn't out there to kill Supes and wanted to spare his life. So "overpowering" is not a word I would choose.
IM was basically the "will" of the source.

Infinity Man flat out asked Superman to leave or suffer the consequences.

(please log in to view the image)

"Depart immediately and you will be spared. "

That doesn't sounds like someone holding back.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 06:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Incorrect. Scott WAS trying to kill IM the entire time, because he sought revenge for Barda's death...

Scott: "SO BURN IN HELL!":

Scott: "IMPOSSIBLE! No one could have survived that!":

Superman: "Metron, they're going to butcher each other!":

Scott: "I choose to destroy you, murderer!":

Despite actively trying to kill IM, it wasn't until Scott unleashed a blast capable of destroying the Source Wall in its entirety that he was actually able to do so.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 27th, 2016 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:12 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Trading a few blasts don't mean much for stalemating.
Infinity Man flat out asked Superman to leave or suffer the consequences.

That's the definition of holding back.

IM could have outright killed him if he wanted to. Unless of course you think Superman is DotNG IM level....

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:16 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Galan007
Incorrect. Scott WAS trying to kill IM the entire time, because he sought revenge for Barda's death...

Scott: "SO BURN IN HELL!":

Scott: "IMPOSSIBLE! No one could have survived that!":

Superman: "Metron, they're going to butcher each other!":

Scott: "I choose to destroy you, murderer!":

Despite actively trying to kill IM, it wasn't until Scott unleashed a blast capable of destroying the Source Wall in its entirety that he was actually able to do so.

Yeah, Scott was trying to avenge Barda but until that last scene he wasn't trying to actually kill IM. That's what IM was trying to goad him into and Scott realized he was played.

Getting killed isn't a feat.
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

That's the definition of holding back.

IM could have outright killed him if he wanted to. Unless of course you think Superman is DotNG IM level....

No, it is not.

Holy circular logic batman!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always suspected Infinity Man had a powerful dong.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

The dude with the power of the Quintessence wins.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 08:26 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, Scott was trying to avenge Barda but until that last scene he wasn't trying to actually kill IM. That's what IM was trying to goad him into and Scott realized he was played.

Getting killed isn't a feat.
The dialogue couldn't be clearer. Scott WAS trying to kill IM from the onset.

It certainly is a feat, because it shows us the amount of power required to kill IM... And before unleashing enough power to destroy the Source Wall in it's entirety(which is infinite, btw) they were stalemating. I can post the entire fight, if you'd like?

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 28th, 2016 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 03:56 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

No need. I've read the comic.

Obviously agree to disagree.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 05:12 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 06:23 PM
Cogito

He was definitely holding back and didn't care to kill Superman because he was only interested in killing the New Gods. Superman was just in the way and IM had nothing to gain by killing him, so instead he just kindly asked him to GTFO.

That's such a "duh" statement I can't believe I even had to say it. The wtf-ease that IM dismissed Superman in an energy cage that Superman couldn't get out of in the next panel is definitive proof of the vast difference in power between the two in that instance.*

*and if that isn't proof enough for you, IM hanging legitimately with ALE Scott sure ought to be

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 01:59 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote