KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kanan's Asteroid Feat

Kanan's Asteroid Feat
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

Kanan's Asteroid Feat

So looking into the comic so I could get exact dimensions for the size of the asteroids Kanan and Ezra manipulated I found an equal distance frame of the Ghost and the ship it's racing that Kanan and Ezra later disable with asteroids.

(please log in to view the image)

The Ghost is slightly longer and has greater depth while the latter ship is moderately wider.

(please log in to view the image)

The asteroids themselves have much greater depth and slightly smaller length and moderately smaller width then the latter ship.

Doing a little digging it appears the Ghost's dimensions are as follows.

Length - 43.9 meters.
Width - 34.2 meters.
Height/depth - 14.5 meters.

Estimating the size of the latter ships and asteroids we turn to rounding. We'll assume the length of the latter ship is 35 meters given its moderately shorter then the ghost and that its width is around 45 meters given it is shown to be moderately wider then the Ghost's but not by an enormous margin. It's depth shall be placed at around 5 meters.

I estimated the depth of the ship based off side by side comparisons of it and the Ghost and the scan of the Besalisk gazing out of its viewport with plenty of space above it's maximum height.

As mentioned above the asteroids should have a depth far larger then the latter ship. A depth I'd place around 15 meters. It's length and width I'd both place at 30 given it's comparative length and width to the latter ship. All in all that would make the two asteroids a 30 by 30 by 15 meter construct.

There are of course algebraic formulas to more accurately measure a circular object but given the asteroids aren't perfect circles to begin with and that these estimations should be for the most part accurate I'll leave the exact measurements to somebody else.

Thoughts?

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 11th, 2016 at 05:18 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:12 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Why are we completely neglecting the fact Ezra was also helping him, lmfao?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:14 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You're right my friend. But as with pushing Vader I attribute most of the power behind the feat to Kanan.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:17 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Why? Ezra has greater raw power and, given concentration (like he had in the above), is probably just as relevant to the feat.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I don't know where you get that idea from tbh. While Ezra is very powerful and likely has great potential I doubt any power he is capable of mustering would come close to that of Kanan's.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:19 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Well he clearly has greater raw power (something Freddie has even said on livestreams). Look to what he did to those beasts on that moon as indication of his ability when concentrating.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:21 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Maybe more potential but I doubt he has greater raw power at his disposal.

If you could link me to the relevant stream and time stamp I'd appreciate such.

While impressive the writers have highlighted Ezra's abilities with beast control and his connection with animals throughout the series.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:22 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Just realized I posted this in the wrong place.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:23 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I don't have it, but Joker also listened to said stream, so he can pledge for its legitimacy, I believe.

It's not just with animal, but rather his general connection with the Force in general, which is relevant

Point is, it's not "Kanan's" feat. It's "Kanan and Ezra's" feat. They've consistently done things together they couldn't do alone.

Lifting that door. Pushing Vader. Etc. This isn't an exception.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:25 AM
UCanShootMyNova

If he could post it I'd appreciate it.

Qui Gon also had an unparalleled connection to the Living Force. It doesn't seem to aid Force users in all areas of the Force which makes sense. The LIVING Force should help you better connect with the living and spiritual aspects of the Force rather then the manipulation of physical objects.

Well, I'd contest that Kanan would be able to accomplish those feats on his own but point taken. It's Kanan AND Ezra's feat.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:28 AM
DarthDuelist9

They are manipulating two objects together so is it impossible to say both moved 1 asteroid each?

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:49 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

*Shrug*

You could view it that way I suppose. Personally I don't think Ezra's powerful enough to accomplish something like that by that point. The comic takes place around the time of Rebels season 1.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Sep 11th, 2016 at 07:54 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:51 AM
DarthDuelist9

Fair enough, then again that would mean Kanan's actually quit powerful since he's still stronger as Ezra in the Season 2 finale.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:02 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Yes, but we know he is given his feats from A New Dawn where he holds up a section of the collapsed mining zone.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 02:09 PM
aaylasecura95

asteroid stomps

love and kindness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHp69F7vrLU

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 02:12 PM
Click here to Send aaylasecura95 a Private Message Find more posts by aaylasecura95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 02:44 PM
DarthDuelist9

Sure, he's definitely good. Btw we see that Ezra can see Yoda in Season 2 and that it's caused by his growing power. So do you think this means that Ezra is more powerful then Season 1 Kanan who couldn't see Yoda when visiting the Jedi Temple?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 04:16 PM