KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Roshi Blast vs Raditz punch

Roshi Blast vs Raditz punch
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Roshi Blast vs Raditz punch

This is Goku during the beginning of Z. He gets to brace for each. Which one will do more damage...

An all out punch from Raditz who is powered up to his max.
Roshi moon busting attack.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 01:35 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Z characters have very low physical resistance compared to energy, whch is why Superman stomps Goku all the time.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 01:43 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Roshi's blast I think will do more. Earth fighters boost their power whenever they attack while aliens like raditz seem to be in a state of constant flex.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 01:46 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

When you think about it though..Roshi's moonbuster worked via destroying the core of the moon, right? His ki wave wasn't actually wide enough to encompass the entire moon. So I think Goku could take a direct hit better than he could a punch from Raditz, because the punch will be a lot of force focused into one small space.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 02:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Z characters have very low physical resistance compared to energy, whch is why Superman stomps Goku all the time.

Just stop.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 02:26 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Roshi's blast I think will do more. Earth fighters boost their power whenever they attack while aliens like raditz seem to be in a state of constant flex.

This is why I said Raditz is putting all of his power into this hit.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 02:27 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Surtur
When you think about it though..Roshi's moonbuster worked via destroying the core of the moon, right? His ki wave wasn't actually wide enough to encompass the entire moon. So I think Goku could take a direct hit better than he could a punch from Raditz, because the punch will be a lot of force focused into one small space.

Nothing was stated or shown as the core having anything to do with the moon exploding into atoms.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 02:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Nothing was stated or shown as the core having anything to do with the moon exploding into atoms.

So then what did it? Did the energy beam just explode?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 02:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Just stop.

Proven by Krillin staggering Nappa with a punch where suicide energy attacks did nothing, or Gohan and Piccolo stunning him witb physical blitz's, bur doing nothing with their best energy attacks.

DBZ characters have insanely low physical resistance compared to energy resist.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 03:11 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

This is why I said Raditz is putting all of his power into this hit.

That's the problem though. Since raditz is a alien we know his max attack, rather physical or energy, is around 1000 power level units but roshi is up in the air.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 03:33 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by cdtm
Proven by Krillin staggering Nappa with a punch where suicide energy attacks did nothing, or Gohan and Piccolo stunning him witb physical blitz's, bur doing nothing with their best energy attacks.

DBZ characters have insanely low physical resistance compared to energy resist.

Or Piccolo beam shooting through Raditz or Vegeta blast disintegrating Nappa, or Vegeta blast ripping Cell body apart or Frieza shooting a hole completely through Vegeta when his fist did not do this. Or Vegeta blast doing more damage to Recoome then any of his other attacks. Or Gohan turning Buu into chunks.

If energy attacks were as ineffective as you are "trying" to make it, none of these things would've happened.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 03:44 PM
carver9

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
That's the problem though. Since raditz is a alien we know his max attack, rather physical or energy, is around 1000 power level units but roshi is up in the air.

Don't think being an alien or a human have anything to do with this let alone makes a difference in DBZ.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 03:47 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

No but earthlings hiding their power levels is a main plot point that's brought up several times

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 03:52 PM
cdtm

Or Piccolo beam shooting through Raditz or Vegeta blast disintegrating Nappa, or Vegeta blast ripping Cell body apart or Frieza shooting a hole completely through Vegeta when his fist did not do this. Or Vegeta blast doing more damage to Recoome then any of his other attacks. Or Gohan turning Buu into chunks.

If energy attacks were as ineffective as you are "trying" to make it, none of these things would've happened.

Cell was playing with Vegeta.

But you're right, their energy resistance is weak sauce compared to Marvel/DC heavy hitter's, too. wink

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 04:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Basically I think my overall point is..these people aren't punching with moon busting or planet busting power.

For example, Raditz can't destroy a planet in a few punches like Gladiator has.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 05:43 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Surtur
Basically I think my overall point is..these people aren't punching with moon busting or planet busting power.

For example, Raditz can't destroy a planet in a few punches like Gladiator has.

And... you're absolutely right!

Gammatoriyamafanboy thinks a final flash hurting Cell proves they don't have greater energy resist, but all that proves is their energy output is likewise much greater then their physical.

As you say, nobody is blowing up planets with a punch. (And the Beerus/Goku universal wave is both a one off, and not even a solo feat as Beerus had as much to do with that, if not more. Plus nothing was actually destroyed..)

The bottom line, there's far more examples of higher level characters being affected by physical attacks from lower tier, then there are of them being affected by energy attacks. The kienzan being a prominant example, as it's basically solidified ki and can cut anyone up to SSJ level (And beyond, since Cell shrugging it off is non canon.) (Or there's the more recent SSJ Hot Pink defeating Vegeta and Goku with a ki sword, which is obviously a solid object. Oe better yet, Trunks piercing Samasa was a regular sword, though it didn't kill him.)

Last edited by cdtm on Sep 11th, 2016 at 07:27 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:12 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Beerus and Champa blow up planets with punches and kicks. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:43 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Beerus and Champa blow up planets with punches and kicks. smile
So a universe buster can only punch apart a planet?

Guess that proves the point entirely. thumb up

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:07 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I'm simply responding to his statement that, "nobody is blowing up planets with a punch," lol. erm

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:31 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay I guess I should make this known: I find the newer DBZ stuff to be horrible nonsense. All my comments are in regards to characters from DB and DBZ. Not this DB Super where you got Super Saiyan Roses and Vegeta Blues and probably Vegeta Sherbert or something.

So in that context..my "they aren't destroying planets physically" thing holds up. Especially when discussing someone like Raditz.

I'm not trying to insult anyone who likes the newer stuff, I'm just saying when I talk about it I'm usually not considering that. It's a habit that needs breaking I suppose, sort of like when I think of DC characters I think of post crisis versions first as opposed to Nu 52 versions.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 11th, 2016 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:59 PM