KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » What Movie Scared You the Most as a Child

What Movie Scared You the Most as a Child
Started by: BigBadBundy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BigBadBundy

What Movie Scared You the Most as a Child

I'm a life long horror fan. That being said most horror movies (even the ones I love) don't really 'scare' me because I know it's just a movie. However, when I was a kid, I'm talking young kid here, before kindergarten, I saw Troll, and it scared the living jeebus out of me. Watching it now, it's laughable, but growing up I couldn't watch even part of it without it keeping me up at night.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? If so, what movie was it that scared the poo out of you as a kid.

Rock On
James

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 05:22 PM
BigBadBundy is currently offline Click here to Send BigBadBundy a Private Message Find more posts by BigBadBundy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nightmare on Elm Street. Watched this at a sleepover party, of course I was the one right on the edge of the room next to the door(we all set our sleeping bags in a row along the room next to each other), was looking round the side the whole night after watching Nightmare on Elm Street...

Apart from that film, the only thing to really really scare me in the Horror world was a British television programme called Ghost Watch. Eek!!

You can see an edited video here of all the sightings throughout the programme of Mr. Pipes, don't watch if you want to see the whole programme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmSswG04zvc

As did, not a Horror, the film Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Not the whole film, only the character JUDGE DOOM, especially in his evil form... I couldn't sleep because the image of him in loony form kept appearing on the ceiling of my bedroom.

Urgh, especially this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfhV...feature=related

Last edited by MildPossession on Sep 18th, 2009 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 06:02 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ghost Watch was superb. Looking back at it now though it's hard to see how so many people were fooled by it. The presenters were fine but the acting by the family was terrible.

For me, 2 films used to terrify me when I was young. Salem's Lot and The Thing.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 06:15 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah it was the early 90s when it was shown, and for me anyway it was at an age where I didn't really notice dodgy acting, I would have been too scared lol.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 06:20 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BigBadBundy

As a kid my sister was terrified the Big Bertha (I think that was her name) from Peewee's big adventure, the scene were the trucker's face went all claymation and grotesque. I still give her shit about that, and then she just reminds me of troll and I shut up.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 06:47 PM
BigBadBundy is currently offline Click here to Send BigBadBundy a Private Message Find more posts by BigBadBundy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

When I was a kid, I was scared shitless by one of the characters from Moomin.

http://www.kijo.no/wp-content/uploads/hufsa.jpg

At the age of 10 or so I watched Nightmare on Elm Street III after my dad fell asleep. That frightened me for years to come.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 06:49 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Leprechaun I

I was scared of the Leprechaun, I didn't really understand what was going on in the films.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 08:24 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

When I was younger Michaels Myers breathin under his mask used to scare the shit out of me.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 08:38 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The Shining scared the holy hell out of me when I was younger. My mom tricked me into watching it when I was about 11 years old and I didn't sleep at all that night.

Only movie that scared me when I was young.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:08 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

Hellraiser. I think I was about 4 years old when I saw it. Scared the living shit out me.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:22 PM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Nightmare on Elmstreet: Dream Warriors I accidently saw it when I was 3 years, well I think it left a mark on me smile

The melting guy from Robocop 1 scared the shit out of me aswell

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 07:44 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ihategeogra
YourWorstNightmare

!!!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 08:45 PM
Ihategeogra is currently offline Click here to Send Ihategeogra a Private Message Find more posts by Ihategeogra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ihategeogra
YourWorstNightmare

]Chucky....

I was always afraid of dolls coming to life & killing me, so when it was in the movies, I had another reason to fear.

Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 08:45 PM
Ihategeogra is currently offline Click here to Send Ihategeogra a Private Message Find more posts by Ihategeogra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

IT and Poltergeist III. I couldn't get past the scene in Poltergeist III when the girl was pulled into a puddle by the hands of the poltergeist.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 02:04 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Nothing really scared me that I could remember but Pet Sematary was creepy and so was Maximum Overdrive.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 02:14 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Halloween 2 (really don't know why, now thinking about it) and Ghostwatch, for those to young or outside the UK, here is what it was about :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostwatch

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 10:16 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The mummy and the haunting re-make....dunno why but those movies made me sh*t myself when I was young, now when I see them though nothing smile

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 10:47 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

That's the thing about seeing a horror movie when you're young - not matter how jaded you can get later, the memories of you being scared when you were young just stick in your DNA.
The first Halloween was maybe the first film that unnerved me.
The first couple of Friday the 13ths made me scared at night whenever we were at the cottage.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 06:11 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
The Shining scared the holy hell out of me when I was younger. My mom tricked me into watching it when I was about 11 years old and I didn't sleep at all that night.

Only movie that scared me when I was young.

I saw the Shining when I was around the same age, pretty scary stuff. The scene where we see the guy in the bear suit, scared the crap out of me.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 06:16 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Rawhead rex and Tale from the darkside. You know the last story..,the one where the guy gets hooked up with a gargoyle and shit. Don't know why, but that and the opening sequence to Twilight Zone. That was the type of horror i went for

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 08:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote