KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What'Cha Reading?

What'Cha Reading?
Started by: pym-ftw

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pym-ftw
Mizukage

What'Cha Reading?

Just a thread to find out what people are reading

Please list what your reading/favorite characters

Feel free to critique/promote any comics you like

Have fun

raver

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:50 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

I just read the first issue of the new Ironfist comic and I'm currently keeping up with the Warren Ellis Moonknight run. Both are pretty good reads.

My favorite heroes are Luke Cage, Ironfist, Captain America, and Moonknight. My favorite villains are Darkseid, the Joker, Faora, Mystique, and Thanos.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:55 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

these nuts

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:55 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I'm reading Avengers A.I., Mighty Avengers, & Superman Wondy

Will pick up Iron fist, Captain Marvel & catch up on fearless defenders

My Favorite heroes are Dr. Pym, Vision, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Tigra & Man-thing

My Favorite villains are Ultron, Creel, Zsasz, Emil Blonsky, & Zemo

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:08 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I stopped reading comics about a year ago. I follow storylines tangentially via KMC. My plan moving forward is to occasionally pick out 1-2 titles from this thread that aren't ongoing, while keeping up with the work of the 2-3 authors that I actually care about (Ellis, Gaiman, maybe 1-2 others). Comics are great, but I was getting so much less out of them that it didn't justify my time.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:12 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I stopped reading comics about a year ago. I follow storylines tangentially via KMC. My plan moving forward is to occasionally pick out 1-2 titles from this thread that aren't ongoing, while keeping up with the work of the 2-3 authors that I actually care about (Ellis, Gaiman, maybe 1-2 others). Comics are great, but I was getting so much less out of them that it didn't justify my time.

Digi, do yourself a favor and pick up "The Twelve" limited series from Marvel. Thank me later.

Easily better than anything Marvel has put out in at least a decade.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:35 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

havent been able to pick up in a couple of weeks but before i was mainly picking up X-Men titles

Amazing X-Men
Gambits new X-men team cant remember

gonna pick up Spiderman

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:40 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

East of West
Chew
Mind MGMT
Trillium
Fatale
Edison Rex
Green Arrow
Iron Fist
Archer & Armstrong

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:13 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by zopzop
Digi, do yourself a favor and pick up "The Twelve" limited series from Marvel. Thank me later.

Cool, thanks. I'll put it on my list. I tend to compartmentalize my endeavors. I'll do nothing but play video games, then stop entirely and do nothing but read, then catch up on TV, then work on ancillary work projects, etc. Next time I rotate around to "read comics" I'll check it out.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 01:29 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Golgo13
East of West
Chew
Mind MGMT
Trillium
Fatale
Edison Rex
Green Arrow
Iron Fist
Archer & Armstrong
hey bro, I have only heard good things about the current green arrow run and I really wanr to star reading East of West. What would be a good issue to get so that I'm not completely in the dark while I'm reading it?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 01:35 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Master of Kung Fu.

Also Transformers More Than Meets the Eye, which has consistently been fantastic.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 01:47 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Currently... nothing.. .before a great mix between dc (green lantern, superman, batman, jla etc etc) and marvel (captain america, avengers, xmen) no image stuff though .... then around the same time xmen went all phoenix five... the white lantern came about... i just gave up on everything... not sure which one it was... or all of it.. but I just felt like the writers weren't even trying anymore.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 04:50 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Uncanny Avengers is the last mainstream comicbook I'm still following. Which is a shame because there is a GotG comic out there, I blame Bendis.

Also Godzilla, Planet of the Apes and other random goodies catch my eye from time to time.

Originally posted by Digi
Cool, thanks. I'll put it on my list. I tend to compartmentalize my endeavors. I'll do nothing but play video games, then stop entirely and do nothing but read, then catch up on TV, then work on ancillary work projects, etc. Next time I rotate around to "read comics" I'll check it out.

So you're into segregation after all

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 04:54 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by zopzop

Vengeance

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 05:35 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Judge Dredd and Hellboy TPB.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 05:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by pym-ftw
& Man-thing

<3 <3

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 06:06 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by deathslash
hey bro, I have only heard good things about the current green arrow run and I really wanr to star reading East of West. What would be a good issue to get so that I'm not completely in the dark while I'm reading it?

Start with this trade.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Arrow-V...rds=green+arrow

You won't regret it. Also, East of West just started. I just bought the first trade and it's fantastic.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 06:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Pride of Baghdad. Great read.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 06:14 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I haven't read a comic since the end of 2012, just hard for me to get into them. Don't hold the same feeling they used to with me, despite me loving the characters so much.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:31 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Anyone not reading Waid's Daredevil is missing out.

Also the new She-hulk.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:59 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote