KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Mr. Robot

Follows a mysterious anarchist who recruits a young computer programmer (Malek) who suffers from an anti-social disorder and connects to people by hacking them.

Just randomly watched this and holy shit balls, it's ****ing awesome! The soundtrack is awesome as well. It's like Tron for TV.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 01:49 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

USA is lowkey a great network that's been cranking out quality shows for a while now.

i didn't get a 'Tron' vibe at all... where'd you get that, the typeface? lol.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 03:05 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Seen ads for this... Hope it's good. That segment looked good though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Speaking of Tron, aren't they making another one?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 28th, 2015 05:04 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
USA is lowkey a great network that's been cranking out quality shows for a while now.

i didn't get a 'Tron' vibe at all... where'd you get that, the typeface? lol.

Either way, great network and show, top notch! thumb up

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The soundtrack, the back story of the main character is kinda like Sam Flynn, the Arcade, the over all tone of the series...

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on May 28th, 2015 at 07:09 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2015 07:04 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Mindset

Yup. thumb up

Taking forever though...

Old Post May 28th, 2015 07:06 PM
Squirrel Fart

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I suspect that executive, ex tech, and loves Linux guy is Elliot's rival, arch nemesis. Or will be at some point.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 07:27 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindset

Tron 2: Electric Boogaloo (2016)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 28th, 2015 10:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

just watched the pilot ep. Very good. I love hacking movies, but the problem with most of them is that it's just a bunch of scenes of the hacker sitting at a computer writing code... then they get chased around like they're in a Mission Impossible movie. This show did the smart thing and made it more of a character study.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 12:46 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

That's awesome that you like this show thumb up

Just watched ep 2. It's top notch, it's just really that good. I like that this show is so refreshing, smart and creative. It's on my to 10 for best shows already. thumb up

laughing out loud @ [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mr. Robot saying "god damn ducks".

Also, now I don't know who's good or bad between FSociety and Evil Corp.

Wow! wtf? that ending doe, oh man.....

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 07:12 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 07:00 PM
Squirrel Fart

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I think Mr. Robot (Slader) is Elliot or Eillot is Mr. Robot, they are the same. The show is called Mr. Robot and with one main character. This is like a Fight Club thing.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 02:15 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Took a bit of a turn into comicbook villainesque weirdness with Wellwick this week. He pays homeless men so he can beat them up...he's secretly gay and uses his liaisons to hack his employees. He participates in bondage fetishism with his pregnant wife.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 08:24 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

this show is really pushing the boundaries of what's normally seen on network tv. First they drop n-bombs, then a scene where cum is wiped out of an ass.

this show has balls. big. swinging. balls.

i like it.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 05:48 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by The Nuul
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I think Mr. Robot (Slader) is Elliot or Eillot is Mr. Robot, they are the same. The show is called Mr. Robot and with one main character. This is like a Fight Club thing.
i don't think so. They'd have to explain how F-Society was put together before Elliot knew about them. I wouldn't buy that he did all of that while blacked-out. It would be too big of a fake-out.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 06:03 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by marwash22
i don't think so. They'd have to explain how F-Society was put together before Elliot knew about them. I wouldn't buy that he did all of that while blacked-out. It would be too big of a fake-out.

The scene in the bar with the appletinis when the barman doesn't even acknowledge Slater's character seemed too big of a hint. Same in the office. Either they are making that twist too obvious or its all a deliberate sleight of hand.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 10:16 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

If they do a Fight Club-esque twist, I'll stop watching.

That would be terrible.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 03:20 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It's hard to tell. As people have clearly interacted with him(the entire fsociety). But he's also been completely ignored(at allsafe, on the train aside from Elliot, and at the bar). It could just be people don't care enough to talk to him or something. But he could be a figment.

However what would cause him to suddenly start imagining him and only him? And nothing else trippy seems to be going on.

It's just something we can speculate on until we find out the truth one way or the other.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 10:34 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
It's hard to tell. As people have clearly interacted with him(the entire fsociety). But he's also been completely ignored(at allsafe, on the train aside from Elliot, and at the bar). It could just be people don't care enough to talk to him or something. But he could be a figment.

However what would cause him to suddenly start imagining him and only him? And nothing else trippy seems to be going on.

It's just something we can speculate on until we find out the truth one way or the other.

He interacted with the 'agents' following Elliot. Which seem very much like a paranoid delusion. I don't think the ones that take him to E-corp are the same ones on the train or outside the restaurant when he's spying on his psychiatrist.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 11:27 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by jaden101
He interacted with the 'agents' following Elliot. Which seem very much like a paranoid delusion. I don't think the ones that take him to E-corp are the same ones on the train or outside the restaurant when he's spying on his psychiatrist.

I'll have to go back and watch to see. But the guy's pretty damn rich, it'd make sense that he has more than 3-4 guys for his security team as anal retentive as he is.

And while the agents at first may have seemed a delusion, they just as well could have been always following him and only moved once the hack happened. It's too soon to say.

But it wouldn't make sense for the fsociety to already be formed, and have them acting like Elliot is a brand new person talking to them and their real boss.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 12:14 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Really can't see Mr. R being real, especially considering the scene at Elliott's cubicle. He was talking louder than anyone in the room and not only was he ignored, but the woman he was making cat calls to didn't even glance at him. Not to mention even Elliot must adhere to the dress code, but Mr. R was at his desk in regular attire, and there's no way he could have snuck in there with no one noticing him, especially when he was wearing regular clothes. There are way too many moments during that scene that Mr. R should have been noticed but wasn't. Unless the people of this universe have incredibly selective sensory receptors, there is no way in hell he can be real. If he does turn out to be real, I will immediately be calling BS

I was pleasantly surprised with Ollie. Thought they would take the standard "douche cheating boyfriend unwittingly aids villains to protect his own ass" route. Was shocked when he instead told Angela the truth and asked for forgiveness. Pretty sure she will take the CD to Elliot, who will get to the bottom of the rapper hackers plan.

Tyrell is a very interesting villain, and his quest to be Cto is clearly going to be some frank Underwood style manipulation. His wife is like a more extreme version of Vanessa fisk. They make a great villain couple.

Now that Elliot is officially going to war with Evil Corp, I predict he and Tyrell will be playing hacker cat and mouse

Wonder what Elliots boss will uncover

I have a feeling that Elliott's drug dealer girlfriend will be dead by the end of the season

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 01:10 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote