KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Ghost town returns every 100 years to kill a preacher

Ghost town returns every 100 years to kill a preacher
Started by: RobynHerself

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RobynHerself

Barf Ghost town returns every 100 years to kill a preacher

In the 60s, I saw a movie about a preacher & his family moving to a new church assignment

As they are en route, some men turn a street sign, which misdirects the pastor's family in the wrong direction.

When they reach the village they believe to be their destination, they are greeted warmly by the people.

Their church has burned & the pastor takes on the task of building a new one, with very little help.

The wife begins having awful headaches & other maladies. Eventually, it is revealed one of the women is torturing a voodoo doll in her image.

The menfolk storm the church. The structure is not complete, but is framed up. They hang the pastor from the rafters & set the church on fire.

As an 8 or 9 year old preacher's kid with fresh memories of visiting unfamiliar churches & parsonages before settling in happily in an east Tennessee town, that movie struck me as too close for comfort. Here I am at age 54, still thinking about it! laughing

I have no idea of the ttle.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2016 12:06 PM
RobynHerself is currently offline Click here to Send RobynHerself a Private Message Find more posts by RobynHerself Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote