KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Predators (2010) or The Predator (2018)

Predators (2010) or The Predator (2018)
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Predators (2010) or The Predator (2018)

Between these two sequels, what movie did you like better. Predators had a serious tone and style more accurate to the classic movies, while The Predator is an action-comedy with horror elements.

Which one do you prefer?.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 10:42 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I've not yet seen it, but I've been told by four friends that The Predator was dog shit.

Predators was okay.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 11:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Predators is a better film in general, and I can say with some certainty that I preferred that and am unlikely to change my mind.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 12:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

This is an easy choice for me. I actually like Predators quite a bit, while I loathed The Predator. I thought The Predator was worse than AVP:R. I was legit angry (a rarity for me) at how much they tried to change the lore and strategies of the predator, and have a laundry list of issues with it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 12:58 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Going by what people say here (including the most positive posts), Predators was far superior.

And it doesn't help how The Predator gets lower and lower on RT with each day:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_predator/

While Predators is pretty ok there:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10012256_predators

----
I'm not sure I want to see it at this point, tbh.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 12:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Going by what people say here (including the most positive posts), Predators was far superior.

And it doesn't help how The Predator gets lower and lower on RT with each day:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_predator/

While Predators is pretty ok there:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10012256_predators

----
I'm not sure I want to see it at this point, tbh.

I thought the critics on RT were generous.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 01:02 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

YMMV, but I read that apparently Shane Black's version was hacked to bits by the studio, which explains several things that make no sense in the movie itself. Either that or he worked with a piss-poor editor.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 02:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by -Pr-
YMMV, but I read that apparently Shane Black's version was hacked to bits by the studio, which explains several things that make no sense in the movie itself. Either that or he worked with a piss-poor editor.

The editing was bad, but there was also some things that were in there that were so dumb that they can't be the editors fault. Though I heard the studios pushed for that final sequence, which was painfully bad and felt separate from the rest of the movie.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 03:09 PM
HulkIsHulk

Fox and WB studio execs seems to have ideas of what is an entertaining movie that are actually the exact opposite.
Marvel Studios must have hired all the good ones are some of the decent bad ones, leaving the rest with very little talent and more posers

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 03:35 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Predators was a decent addiction to the franchise and can stand repeat viewings.

The Predator wasn't very good at all. Tidbits of decent action here and there, but the story line seemed to have been written by a 15yo. I'm okay never watching this film again.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 03:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Predators is better and I didn't even like that movie....

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 03:45 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Predators was a decent addiction to the franchise and can stand repeat viewings.

The Predator wasn't very good at all. Tidbits of decent action here and there, but the story line seemed to have been written by a 15yo. I'm okay never watching this film again.

It's sad The Predator had to be an action-comedy, too much forced jokes. I like Predators as it was true to the two classic Predator movies.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 10:17 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Haven't seen The Predator yet. But I really like Predators. It even has decent re-watchability.

Not that it doesn't have its flaws, but man it sounds like The Predator has got some major flaws.

And it would have made sense to make this thread a poll. Opportunity lost.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 10:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Myth
The editing was bad, but there was also some things that were in there that were so dumb that they can't be the editors fault. Though I heard the studios pushed for that final sequence, which was painfully bad and felt separate from the rest of the movie.

Oh, I wasn't just saying it was the studio, just that they possibly took something that was already not-so great and somehow made it worse.

That end sequence was definitelely not Shane Black's, i'd wager.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 07:23 AM
riv6672

Re: Predators (2010) or The Predator (2018)

Originally posted by robotflug
Between these two sequels, what movie did you like better. Predators had a serious tone and style more accurate to the classic movies, while The Predator is an action-comedy with horror elements.

Which one do you prefer?.

I like the 2010 version more right now. Its stood up to repeated viewings pretty well.
I’ve only seen the new one the once (and enjoyed it), but, i’ll see how it goes.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 12:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Outside of the actual Yautja stuff Predators was actually pretty entertaining. Everything about The Predator was garbage.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 08:07 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^thumb up cool

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:35 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Predators by a slight
For different reasons it was much truer to lore and had better action

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 01:28 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^agreed.
A lot of ppl seemed surprised at the action adventure tone of the new movie.
Did they not see the trailers?
I knew what i was getting into when i sat down, it seemed pretty obvious.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 01:55 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Aside from the fact that Adrian Brody sounded like he gargled toxic waste whenever he spoke, I liked Predators. The Predator was... Not great.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 06:37 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote