KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » How powerful is Cosmic Armor Superman?

How powerful is Cosmic Armor Superman?
Started by: CatL18

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CatL18

How powerful is Cosmic Armor Superman?

According to Morrison's interview in Final Crisis, CAS seems to be invincivle.
CAS is literal plot device powerd by Superman's strory that is american myth.
even Omnipotent Gods aka writer's avatar like TOAA will not be able to vanish his Story becaus his Story is too big and important for pop culture.
But, in many forum like CV,moviecodec,etc, CAS is treated as only universal or multiversal. and Power of story is treated as ridiculous wank.
So, I wonder how powerful is CAS.

Last edited by CatL18 on Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2014 12:15 PM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

Do you think that power of the Story is ridiculous and useless?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 07:50 AM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

As you said it was made to be invincible, to adapt on the fly against any threat. It is Supermans story which is indeed bigger than the writers and artist, because it is more famous, because Superman is an icon and will be remembered by more people than those who write about him.
I would put it on the top level where Morrison meant it to be, with concepts like TOAA and Presence and the Overmonitor.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 11:03 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Hyperbolic statements IMO do not make definitive evidence in the least.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 02:17 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
As you said it was made to be invincible, to adapt on the fly against any threat. It is Supermans story which is indeed bigger than the writers and artist, because it is more famous, because Superman is an icon and will be remembered by more people than those who write about him.
I would put it on the top level where Morrison meant it to be, with concepts like TOAA and Presence and the Overmonitor.

Thanks.
Now, Why is CAS's concept treated as ridiculous?
Do they ignore statement?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 07:09 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by CatL18
Thanks.
Now, Why is CAS's concept treated as ridiculous?
Do they ignore statement?

You are welcome.
First, you need to know who treats it as ridiculous. Mostly people who didn't read the story or people who don't understand it (it was rather complex and required some comic book knowledge) or people who simply hate DC or Superman in general.
They ignore statements and they don't understand what Morrison wanted to achieve. It is a story, don't take it too serious, simply enjoy it and don't care about those who don't, to each his own. ^^

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 03:13 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Equals TOAA and such.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 03:42 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

This page insists that CAS and Mandrakk is only multi universal and weaker than Anti Monitor.

ttp://www.comicvine.com/profile/van_cere/lists/dc-tiers-list-finished/53871/

What do you think?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 08:38 AM
quanchi112
Disney

This page insists that CAS and Mandrakk is only multi universal and weaker than Anti Monitor.

ttp://www.comicvine.com/profile/van_cere/lists/dc-tiers-list-finished/53871/

What do you think?
Far weaker than that IMO. Hyperbole isn't proof.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:44 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

Originally posted by quanchi112
Far weaker than that IMO. Hyperbole isn't proof.

You seem to hate CAS, even Superman.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 05:58 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by quanchi112
Hyperbolic statements IMO do not make definitive evidence in the least.

The fact is that your hate just makes the CA stronger

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 06:12 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

You seem to hate CAS, even Superman.

He does, he stated numerous times that he hates Superman.

Anyway, in FC it was clear that the CA and Mandrakk are the very definition of good vs evil and the top of this kind of story. Good wins in the end, Supermans story is too big. They were both more than Multiversal, they were as big as you can be in the DC-Verse.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:07 PM
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

thumb up

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 09:21 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

I know that strength of Cosmic Armor depends on how you would interpret Morrison's metafictional concept of Plot and Heroism.
So Some deny it, Other limitedly acccept it but treat him below Near Supreme Being like Lucifer, I can understand that. But it is not what I want to know.
If We accept and appriciate Morrison's interpretation of Plot and Heroism, How powerful does CAS become?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 07:24 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

How powerful? CAS is effectively an avatar, the unfettered will of the writer incarnated into the story, and able to dominate any and all fictional elements, including other characters. He loses a fight only if the writer chooses to lose.

At least, this is how I interpret CAS.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:27 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 11:16 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

Originally posted by Mindship
How powerful? CAS is effectively an avatar, the unfettered will of the writer incarnated into the story, and able to dominate any and all fictional elements, including other characters. He loses a fight only if the writer chooses to lose.

Agree.
It is Deus Ex Machina which is incarnated to Plot and Concept of "Heroism"
So I think that no one related to Super Hero gene can stand up to CAS.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 01:30 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

(please log in to view the image)

I don't know man. The heat of ten billion suns messed him up pretty bad. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 08:06 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by Astner
(please log in to view the image)

I don't know man. The heat of ten billion suns messed him up pretty bad. (please log in to view the image)

No, the blood of the DC multiverse didn't do jack shit to the CA.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 09:56 AM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Mindship

But even so the concept of Superman, his story which is the power source of the CA, without it it's just powerless, is bigger than the humans in our world. We are here and die one day, if we have children they will remember us, their chrildren maybe but after it we are forgotten, even if we write a book or two, we are insignificant. The Story of Superman will prevail and I think that this is what morrison wanted to tell us. Superman will always save the day, his story will always be there, even if insignificant humans like him or us are forgotten. It can't get bigger than a concept, an idea and this is what the CA represents, or better said Supermans story. Everything comes from Superman, as already said by Alexander Luthor. Without his appearance we might even have no Superheroes or if, they might have been differen't ones, no Hulk, no Spiderman, no Captain Marvel etc.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 03:45 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
No, the blood of the DC multiverse didn't do jack shit to the CA.
Meh, it's splitting hairs. The blood of the multiverse=the heat of 10 billion suns, and vice versa.

Regardless which verbiage you opt for, you're correct when you say that particular attack didn't cause any visible/lasting damage.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 10:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote