KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman: Man of Steel

Superman: Man of Steel
Started by: SupezM'

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (111): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SupezM'

Superman: Man of Steel - 2009

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 03:37 AM
SupezM' is currently offline Click here to Send SupezM' a Private Message Find more posts by SupezM' Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

</" J|' hopefully ZOD

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 01:47 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

hopefully someone better than zod lol redcaped is gona give me hell for me saying it again

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 04:57 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

No one is better that's why they fear him.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 11:40 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Excellent Title! thumb up

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 11:51 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't like this title, it is old and sounds like a book. That mask of steel after Jor-Els speech..."my only son"...yes, probably that was the inspiration. Somehow I get the feeling nobody likes "sequels" but a brand new story. I'd like to know who's going to be the villain...they said next year. I have already made my decision. And I also have a cloud vision. Part 1: Darkseid is too arrogant, Metallo needs more power. Part 2: Brainiac is a perfect creation but is lacking performance, Doomsday is a bit unstable. Part 3: Mr. Mxyzptlk is not he's own boss. Part 4: Parasite, Lobo, Bizarro are not serious stuff. Part 5: Zod is been hidden, they regret creating a villain much like a hero. I typed on search <Zod comic first appearance> and shows a wrong cover.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 05:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Man of Steel was a Superman comic for years... guess it'll do...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 05:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man of Steel is not for a movie...you are repeating the title superman (1) then again man of steel (2)...see my point? I would prefer a title without superman this time..."Legacy of Krypton" c'mon we need this! 1_Superman Returns. 2_Legacy of Krypton. 3_Kal-El and the Universe. If you like my titles then ask me for 3 more smile

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 06:24 PM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

But if u turn it the other way around like he did to the plane is going to lose a wing! Here's why. Superman: Man of Steel (superman+zod or metallo) Superman: Data of Krypton (superman+brainiac) of of of blah blah blah...I don't agree.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 07:52 PM
HaSon

Fits with the Batman Begins sequel being named The Dark Knight. Using character nicknames would be a nice naming scheme for all their future movies.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 09:15 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let me tell you how I would like Brainiac to be. Brainiac is only artificial intelligence much like skynet from terminator. It did not destroy Krypton just took advantage of the natural disaster by taking possession of one of their best spacecrafts...a ship and a soul, no passenger. Made its escape and consumed resources from other planets...again, much like the crystal identity from Star Trek NG. I also want Brainiac to preserve a small Krypton with Kara in it moments before the planet blew to attempt liberally further studies on them. When it arrives on Earth it finds similarity in likeness of both races and decides to choose. This allows Kara to escape but the others which were very few didn't make it. Brainiac becomes one of the Earth people and confronts both S & K. Kara dies in the explosion of the ship. Brainiac is a robot in the animated series but I'd leave that to Metallo. This is just a fan commentary.

Last edited by redcaped on Nov 16th, 2006 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 10:50 PM
SupermanV

It matters little what the title of the film is if the story is less arduous and painful to sit through as SR is. Get a writer that understands the entire Superman mythos and can deliver a script that gives us a less loved lost hero, some kick ass action and a villain which can match Superman’s abilities. Otherwise you are wasting everyone’s time, money and patience.

Keep the same hack team from SR and you’ll have a ZOD who can shoot levitation beams from his fingertips or a Brainiac that can make Eggos pop out of his forehead.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 10:17 PM
SupermanV is currently offline Click here to Send SupermanV a Private Message Find more posts by SupermanV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zod is the physical match of Superman, tough to beat and smart. In film history movie 2 always had the best action...the middle paragraph of compositions. Bring many scenes on Krypton with no need of Jor-El...a combination of narrative events and memories.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 11:31 PM
Blind
Only Settle for Victory

quote: (post)
Originally posted by redcaped
Man of Steel is not for a movie...you are repeating the title superman (1) then again man of steel (2)...see my point? I would prefer a title without superman this time..."Legacy of Krypton" c'mon we need this! 1_Superman Returns. 2_Legacy of Krypton. 3_Kal-El and the Universe. If you like my titles then ask me for 3 more smile

So you didn't like the title: Conan the Destroyer? (C'mon, how many other destroyers are there that aren't named Conan?)

I can see your point, but I don't think anything is wrong with that. It's a nickname, it helps describe the character of the main character. Wonder Woman - Feminazi Manhater - see? Just helps describe the character.

Superman: Man of Steel? Well, to be honest, I hated Superman Returns. But Man of Steel doesn't bother me as a title.

I don't think adding a nickname of a character to a title hurts the movie anyway, it's what you see after the title is displayed.

~AntiMatter Corps~

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 12:35 AM
Blind is currently offline Click here to Send Blind a Private Message Find more posts by Blind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Conan is a character with ambitions and self growth. Superman helps humanity and does not need a nickname. I would prefer plot based titles.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 12:43 AM
FistOfThe North

They're trying to Batman's "Dark Knight" (2008) title where they're not gonna have the superhero's name in the title.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 12:49 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Take the lead of progress. Look back to correct things.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 01:19 AM
Up In Flames
"Man of Granite"

For the villain, it cannot be Zod (since he died in part 2, and superman returns is a continuation of the previous superman movies so therefore nothing short of a ressurection could bring him back) and it cannot be doomsday (since he is dubbed as "The Being Who Killed Superman" and therefore casting his character in the next superman installment would make people think, "This is where superman dies", which probably wont happen)

Honestly, I cant really think of any other character apart from lobo, darkseid or mr mxyzptlk playing the villain (brainiac's technology is so unbelievable i dont think a lot of people are gonna buy it) or unless the director does something stupid like bringing lex luthor back.

excuse my fist... it thinks you belong with the dirt on the floor...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 07:29 AM
Up In Flames is currently offline Click here to Send Up In Flames a Private Message Find more posts by Up In Flames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

This wasn't Superman 5. You're wrong. Like Batman Begins, Superman also begins. They want to hear people like you, that's why they haven't make it clear.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 07:55 PM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

The sequels cannot have Superman on the title, he has a son and Superman is Kal-El not Jason.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 10:40 PM