KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Beyond (2017)

Beyond (2017)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Beyond (2017)

"When Holden wakes up from a coma that lasted 12 years, the young man discovers that he has new abilities, which land him in the middle of a dangerous conspiracy. Now that he is out of his coma, Holden must figure out what happened to him during the past dozen years and how to survive..."

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 09:48 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Really in the fence with this one.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 12:46 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Me too. I'm about halfway with the series and so far there are good points and bad points. I see Tim Kring is one of the producers and I'm definitely getting the Heroes vibe.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 01:19 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'll watch the pilot tonight i guess. Nothing else on my radar but the Sherlock season premiere.

Lets do this. thumb up

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 01:40 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

It's not horrible, but it's starting to feel a bit like the YA version of Heroes. Some good ideas and some good moments, mixed with a lot of bland characters I want to slap around to get them to wake up.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 01:48 PM
riv6672

Haha, thats an awesome way to describe it. laughing
You know i'm gonna hear you in my head tonight. I'll be thunking 'DP would smack him, smack her, kick him down some stairs...'

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 02:02 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

what time and channel is this on

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 11:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what time and channel is this on

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/...al-listings.png

Originally posted by Dreampanther
It's not horrible, but it's starting to feel a bit like the YA version of Heroes. Some good ideas and some good moments, mixed with a lot of bland characters I want to slap around to get them to wake up.

That wasnt too awful at all.
A lot had to do with the main character coming off as very likable, and not looking like a male model playing a role.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 07:03 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by riv6672

That wasnt too awful at all.
A lot had to do with the main character coming off as very likable, and not looking like a male model playing a role.

I made it about halfway through the series yesterday. Will try to watch the rest tonight. I liked what I saw but kept thinking: This could be so much more.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 12:53 PM
riv6672

I'll be watching weekly (i liked it enough to record the series), i'm in no rush.
Things can always be better, of course, i get you there, but it definitely wasnt bad.

Appreciate you tipping the scales; if not for this thread i doubt i'd have watched it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 01:01 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I've watched the first 3 episodes of this. Seems pretty interesting so far.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 03:46 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I've got ep. 2 recorded, i'll catch it tomorrow.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 05:14 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

My review. I put it in spoilers because, while I don't reveal any plot details, I also don't want you to be influenced by reading my review unless you want to.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The cast is competent and some of the ideas are interesting, but it feels like the show is aimed at a YA market, sort of like a Baby Heroes, and while there are some decent moments I never really got that "Wow" moment after the first couple of episodes.

It's a pity, because some of the characters have real potential and if they were willing to push it a bit and take more risks by aiming for a more mature market I think I would have liked the show a lot more.

As it is, I give it a 6/10 for good effort, but not good enough. Watch if there is nothing else on or if Heroes was too edgy for you.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 07:00 AM
riv6672

Thanks for the spoilers. I read your post anyway. thumb up

Without getting detailed, in case anyone else is reading the thread, and having still not gotten past ep.2, i myself am not getting a Heroes vibe here (thats neither good nor bad imo), though you've mentioned it a few times now.
Also, thats the market that block of shows is aimed at, so not seeing the problem. The fact that i'm pushing 50 and watching these shows...thats a likely problem. stick out tongue
But really, this show/the shows that get pushed at that station this time of year have their target audience, and i'm not it. I'll either 'get' it or not, but thats on me not them. Speaking of which...
...Its already way better than Shadow Hunters after only 1 episode, i'll tell you that!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 11:37 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Thanks for the spoilers. I read your post anyway. thumb up
...Its already way better than Shadow Hunters after only 1 episode, i'll tell you that!

I couldn't agree more laughing out loud stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 01:36 PM
riv6672

Ep2 was fun. I like his dynamic with his little bro.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2017 06:15 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Re: Beyond (2017)

Originally posted by Dreampanther
"When Holden wakes up from a coma that lasted 12 years, the young man discovers that he has new abilities, which land him in the middle of a dangerous conspiracy. Now that he is out of his coma, Holden must figure out what happened to him during the past dozen years and how to survive..."

(please log in to view the image)

hadn't seen it but the OP has me intrigued? is he like a wolverine? getting memories back in pieces? does he have memories from when he was supposed to be in a coma?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2017 04:17 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Something like that.
And yet different.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2017 06:12 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

have 1st two eppys on dvr, will watch on friday

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 4th, 2017 07:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I managed to get halfway through the second episode of Shadowhunters before I just couldn't anymore. Beyond the other issues, the dialogue in that show was just cringe-worthy.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 01:46 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote