KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Ranking TV comic shows

Ranking TV comic shows
Started by: wakkawakkawakka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Ranking TV comic shows

I think the tv viewing season has come along well enough to do a ranking system for the comic book/superhero shows currently airing. I'm not sure if there's a thread like this already made( I couldn't find one) but of all the comic book shows that are currently airing or have been finished for 5 years or less which ones are your favorite KMC poster folk. Or if none are you're favorite which shows do you ranking out of the ones currently airing.

For the criteria Netflix/Hulu/network tv shows are allowed so long as the source material from each of the shows originates from either a comic book or has a comic book tie-in.

So what are your picks?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 03:41 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Daredevil >>>>>>> Flash >>> Walking Dead > Arrow > Smallville >> Jessica Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>Supergirl

PWNT

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 03:59 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Do you mean American comic books, like DC and Marvel? What about anime and manga? What about animated TV shows?

No matter what, my favourite will still be Daredevil, but after that it really depends on your criteria.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 05:13 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Do you mean American comic books, like DC and Marvel? What about anime and manga? What about animated TV shows?

No matter what, my favourite will still be Daredevil, but after that it really depends on your criteria.
You think DareDevil is better then Batman: TAS, or Justice League?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 05:21 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Daredevil >>>>>>> Flash >>> Walking Dead > Arrow > Smallville >> Jessica Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>Supergirl
You forgot Gotham.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 05:21 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
You think DareDevil is better then Batman: TAS, or Justice League?

Yes. Not by a huge margin, but I like the fact that it was made for a more mature audience, a comic book show made by adults for adults.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 05:26 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I limited it to network tv stations and shows that ended 5 years ago or less though I should have specified live action in the OP. So that's what I'll do, the shows themselves don't have to be American but their source material does have to originate from either a comic or graphic novel of sorts.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 05:27 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Yes. Not by a huge margin, but I like the fact that it was made for a more mature audience, a comic book show made by adults for adults.
Thats really saying something, considering Batman:TAS may have been the best cartoon of all time.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 01:55 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Arachnid1

Smallville better than Jessica Jones? Really?

I haven't seen Arrow or Flash so I can't comment, but I don't think Smallville even belongs in the same category as JJ or Daredevil. And while we're on the subject, I think Daredevil and Jessica Jones are of similar quality. They're different shows, but I actually think that Jessica Jones had deeper/more interesting characters than Daredevil, although I'll give you that Daredevil by far had the better action sequences.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 02:04 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Smallville better than Jessica Jones? Really?

I haven't seen Arrow or Flash so I can't comment, but I don't think Smallville even belongs in the same category as JJ or Daredevil. And while we're on the subject, I think Daredevil and Jessica Jones are of similar quality. They're different shows, but I actually think that Jessica Jones had deeper/more interesting characters than Daredevil, although I'll give you that Daredevil by far had the better action sequences.
I disagree. Jessica Jones wasn't all that deep IMO. Purple Man brought the best sequences, but even he didn't live up to what he could have been, and he died like an idiot. The best character in their entire show was Cage, and he was just there for the love arc. Jones was basically just a female Wolverine.

I prefer Daredevils story and Kingpins character arc throughout the season. And yes, Smallville was better than JJ IMO. It had some pretty bad lows, but it's highs were awesome. The Justice League and Justice Society episodes, and the best live action Lex Luthor and Oliver Queen portrayals to date carried it far.

Maybe the next season of JJ will bring it up, but for now, it was just alright.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 04:08 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

1. Walking Dead
2. The Flash
3. Daredevil
4. Smallville (lost its way completely in the end but back in its heyday was really enjoyable IMO).
5. Heroes (again completely lost its way but still had the best 1st season of any show ever).

Not sure if Heroes counts though as it was adapted as comic books after the show was out IIRC.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 09:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If we're going by current quality:

Daredevil - Just the best one going for me.
The Flash - Even with the CW crap, it still manages to be very good.
Jessica Jones - The main character hurts the show a little, but it's still very good.
Walking Dead - A bit slow at times, but when it's good, it's very good.
Agent Carter - Solid show.
DC Legends - Started weakly, but improving very quickly.
Arrow - Very much the weekly "let's shit on Oliver Queen" show nowadays.
Agents of Shield - Just not very good, imo, even with it's improvements.

lol Smallville.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 08:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The Netflix shows are good but watching them I get the feeling they are very cheap.

Anybody else notice this?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 08:16 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-

lol Smallville.

Hey I used to really enjoy Smallville. A lot more so when the Luthors were around.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 08:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Restricting it to currently airing live action shows:

Daredevil
The Flash
Jessica Jones
Agents of Shield
Legends of Tomorrow

I may be forgetting something (or not realizing a show was originally a comic) but nothing else that I can think of is worth watching and I’m even contemplating dropping the last two. Those first three are solid though. But even they pale in comparison to the best TV has to offer nowadays like Better Call Saul or Fargo.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 08:34 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by juggernaut74
The Netflix shows are good but watching them I get the feeling they are very cheap.

Anybody else notice this?

Not as cheap as Supergirl IMO though considering the quality of storytelling the Netflix shows have I'm willing to ignore it.

Oh and I guess I should make a list here as well:
1. Daredevil
2. The Walking Dead
3. Flash
4. Agent Carter
5. Jessica Jones
6. Smallville

I'll wait for one more episodes of DC's Legends before deciding where it would go but Arrow's quality face-planting, AoS being inconsistent in episode quality, and Supergirl just not being very good at all I think I'll settle for these picks.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 09:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hey I used to really enjoy Smallville. A lot more so when the Luthors were around.

I thought it was bad as a Superman show, personally. It did have good episodes though.

Better than Supergirl, at least.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 09:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

GOTHAM, HEY GUYS, GOTHAM? DID YOU HEAR ABOUT GOTHAM? THAT SHOW ABOUT A FICTIONAL DC COMIC BOOK CITY THAT INVOLVES FICTIONAL DC COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS?

Considering that its getting fantastic reviews, not sure why you're ignoring it.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2016 08:41 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Gotham can be good for its characterization of Batman's rogue gallery in their earlier years (enjoyed the 1st season, waiting till the 2nd one's on netflix), but if you're not really into cop shows, it can get kinda boring easily. Not sure where I would rank it among the other current running comic shows.

Prolly gonna wait till some of the ones like Legends of Tomorrow have more episodes before making up my mind on a rate list.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2016 09:59 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

'Smallville' had a lot of shit at the end, but you're out of your mind if you put 'Arrow' over it. 'Arrow' has never come close to 'Smallville' at it's best.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2016 10:09 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote