KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Tale of Tour as a movie?

The Tale of Tour as a movie?
Started by: finwe33

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finwe33
son of Cabe

Arrow The Tale of Tour as a movie?

I feel that very little of tolkiens work is transtatable to film as a film-maker (which is not a bad thing imo) But there is one that could be done and its is the tale of tour and the finding and falling gondorlin which would give a little, little, little pre story of the formation of Numenoreans in the prologue of fellowship of the ring movie.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 11:33 PM
finwe33 is currently offline Click here to Send finwe33 a Private Message Find more posts by finwe33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I don't mean to be picky, but you mispelled Tuor and Gondolin. wink

Sadly, I disagree. The "later Tuor," (that given in UT), is an unfinished account, and so to is the version in Silm., which is heavily compressed. The only full account is the old FG (c.1916+).

Still, I'd buy a ticket nonetheless....

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 05:19 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I doubt that would be a good movie. Perhaps the War of Jewels or something.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 12:14 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I doubt that would be a good movie. Perhaps the War of Jewels or something.

That would have to be a 20+ hour movie documenting all the chapters of Silm. combined!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 07:03 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

I think you can cut out or shorten parts of the Silm if you focus on the jewels... Would be much too long nonetheless I think.
Still I'd love to see it... *dreamy look*

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 12:38 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draugwen
I think you can cut out or shorten parts of the Silm if you focus on the jewels... Would be much too long nonetheless I think.
Still I'd love to see it... *dreamy look*

Nay, you would have to drastically alter the fabric of the story - much more so than in PJ's LR.

If anything, I would say a 24-part made-for-tv movie, documenting in detail the entire Silm.....anyone? stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 09:25 PM
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Yay big grin Very nice idea wink

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 10:19 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Muchislover
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are many stories on the internet which you would love to read about but how about going out with https://chernobyl-story-tours.com and visiting new places at cheapest price though also you can learn and earn while touring new countries or cities which will actually give you a new way out of enjoying your life without being bored, because there are many option which you can opt in for sure

Last edited by Muchislover on Aug 13th, 2020 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 05:49 AM
Muchislover is currently offline Click here to Send Muchislover a Private Message Find more posts by Muchislover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote