KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » 18th Pokemon movie ~ The Conspiracy of Hoopa Unbound

18th Pokemon movie ~ The Conspiracy of Hoopa Unbound
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

18th Pokemon movie ~ The Conspiracy of Hoopa Unbound

So stoked for this!

(please log in to view the image)

It features a host of uber legendaries.
Including a shiny Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Palkia, Giratina, Dialga, Lugia, Kyurem, and the god of the Pokemon universe, Arceus himself!

Hoopa Unbound -VS- Arceus is gonna be sick!

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 07:04 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

This is the official Japanese trailer for the movie.

Official Japanese title is "The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa."

Looks to me like Palkia, Kyurem, a Primal Kyogre, a Primal Groudon, Dialga, and Giratina are wreaking havoc in the Kalos region.
Then Hoopa tries to save it by summoning a Latios, a Latias, a Lugia, a shiny Mega Rayquaza, and Arceus to combat the rampaging group of ubers.

My theory is Hoopa will side with the opponents after the antagonist unbounds its power.
Everyone gets wrecked until it's a 1-on-1 between Hoopa Unbound and Arceus.
Arceus eventually wins with the help of Ash and co.

EDIT:
Surprised by the lack of replies. I guess nobody likes Pokemon anymore.

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Mar 20th, 2015 at 07:53 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 07:42 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Movie synopsis:

One hundred years ago, the desert city "Désser City" got severely damaged in a battle between Pokémon. The battle was started due to one specific Pokémon.
However, the Pokémon got sealed by someone, and the city went back to being as peaceful as ever, a state it still is in today.

As Satoshi, Pikachu and the others continue their journey, they encounter the mythical Pokémon Hoopa, who carries "rings that can summon anything and everything", and a girl named Mary who takes care of Hoopa.

The mischievous Hoopa starts summoning all kinds of things from its rings, including its favorite food, donuts, to everyone's surprise and enjoyment.
Ever a prankster, the simple-minded and innocent Hoopa starts referring to Satoshi and Pikachu as "Saton" and "Pikan". It quickly befriends the group, and they all decide to travel together.

Once they arrive in Désser City, Satoshi and the others meet Mary's older brother, Barza.
However, something seems off about him. On a closer look, he's holding the "Prison Bottle" that's said to have sealed the Pokémon that once destroyed the city!

An evil air drifts out of the bottle. It appears that the seal has become undone over all this time.
Just then, legendary Pokémon giving off that same air appear! Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Kyurem... This will put the city in extreme danger.

In order to protect the city, Hoopa makes more legendary Pokémon "Appear!" from its rings! Will Satoshi and his friends manage to protect Désser City alongside the legendary Pokémon Hoopa made "Appear!"? And what is the true identity of this evil power?

LEGEND VS LEGEND!
The fiercest battle in Pokémon movie history is about to begin!

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Mar 20th, 2015 at 08:02 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 07:58 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Everyone's wondering why Arceus is in the movie.

It's odd that a Gen4 legend would be featured in a Gen6 movie.

Rumors are it's probably because:
a. The movie will introduce Arceus' new forme/mega evo/primal reversion.
b. No one is strong enough to combat the Creation Trio.
c. It's a different Arceus, not the one from the JoL movie.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 11:29 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Oh, Arceus is in it? Cool.

I only see the news about the Pokemon movies halfassedly as I haven't even checked the DBZ one.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 11:44 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

English dubbed trailer for the movie:

That voice.. no expression

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 05:48 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

"No, Pokemon movies go like this; over done theme song with the word "Pokemon" repeated a couple hundred times, Ash and pals are attending some kind of festival, Team Rocket shows up causing somewhat of a problem. Marty-stu and friends encounter Hoopa as if it's just some wild Rattata, then some dude with grandiose beliefs attempts to use the legendary Pokemon for evil and they fail, because the pokemon somehow had the power all along to escape and then Mash Ketchup rides on it like a Unicorn. Did he do that with Keldeo too? I don't remember, that would be funny."

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:00 PM
SSJGGogeta

erm

TBH, I pretty much lost interest in Pokemon, after the introduction of Dialga and Palkia. This movie looks like another let-down, imo.

The whole Arceus crap was just that. Crap. Please, he created the "gods", that created space and time, yet he nearly DIED from colliding with a meteor? Not to mention that his feats, from what I know of him, are TRASH. It's all just a rehash of the stuff that made Pokemon popular in the first place. Introduce a new character/Pokemon, and new transformation, and fans will go wild, and throw you their soaked panties as thanks. shifty

Yeah, it's just going in the same direction that AT is taking all these new DBZ movies, and it's really sad. They're both being sullied because the author's don't want to stop making content, for whatever reason. DBZ used to be awesome, until Goku showed up in this new movie with a 8TH SSJ form. That's bull crap. Same thing with Pokemon. All the sudden, every pokemon and his grandmother has some "ultimate" or "primal", or whatever form. It's just stupid, in my humble opinion. More sad though, than anything, really. erm

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 12:56 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

You should give it another chance.

X & Y anime series are a major improvement compared to the bland Black & White.
Better stories and much better animation.
There's actually new plots and ideas, not just rehashes from previous seasons.

The only people really complaining nowadays are the Genwunners.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 08:07 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

2 new trailers for the movie, in Japanese:

We see Ash riding Lugia like a baws. Hope it's the same Lugia from Pokemon 2000.

Seems to me like Hoopa in his Unbound forme summons Arceus to quell the fighting between the legends.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 06:53 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Old Post May 13th, 2015 06:57 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

http://frozen-echo.deviantart.com/j...Movie-519786690

Highly possible.
I don't think Game Freak would allow Mega Rayquaza to be stronger than the god of the Pokemon universe.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 07:36 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Everyone's wondering why Arceus is in the movie.

It's odd that a Gen4 legend would be featured in a Gen6 movie.

Rumors are it's probably because:
a. The movie will introduce Arceus' new forme/mega evo/primal reversion.
b. No one is strong enough to combat the Creation Trio.
c. It's a different Arceus, not the one from the JoL movie.
How could it be a different Arceus?

Also why is something capable of forcibly summoning Arceus anyway. ****ing Pokemon.

I just want a God damned Ho-Oh movie not all this convoluted shit. Part of the reason I lost so much interest in it.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 08:05 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Saw the movie on my cruise. Hoopa was shown to be very powerful, enough to control gen 4 god like Palkia, Dialga and my favorite Giratina (strongest of the 3). I personally wish Giratina was on ash sided, since they met in two previous movies already.

What your thoughts on Lugia strength? He sent out of bound by Hoopa instead of dominating it like the other legendaries.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 10:13 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote