KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games that have AWFUL reviews from Critics AND Audiences that you enjoyed?

Games that have AWFUL reviews from Critics AND Audiences that you enjoyed?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Games that have AWFUL reviews from Critics AND Audiences that you enjoyed?

Can't be just one or the other, has to be both.

Discuss.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 02:24 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Duke Nukem Forever.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 12:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Knack.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 02:57 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Batman Arkham Origins.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 06:44 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Batman Arkham Origins.
That was panned? I'm talking User Score btw, not just "this game is boring" on a bunch of message boards.

Edit: Checked and you based that off nothing lol. By "awful" I mean "4.9/49" or lower, scores given by public and critics declaring it bad across the board.

Examples would be "Aliens: Colonial Marines", "Ride to Hell: Retribution", etc hell even Duke Nukem forever wouldn't technically count since it has average reviews from both critics and people on review aggregate sites like Metacritic.

So games considered: "Average" like "The Hobbit" for the PS2/Xbox, "Sea of Thieves", "Watch Dogs", these games wouldn't count.

Games the general public hates just as much as Ride to Hell: Retribution.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 08:57 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Shut up.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 01:33 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, it narrows it down too much going by those arbitrary rules/criteria.

Thought about mentioning Arkham Origins too, but wasnt sure whether to.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 02:44 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Deadly Towers was pretty awesome. Pretty sure it was panned across the board.

Was going to add Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone, which I remember being universally hated by fans, but I see Gamespot has a user score of 7.1.

For my money, it's my favorite game in the original trilogy. I don't care how accurate it is to the arcade version, or how hard people think it is. I beat the thing at least 5 times, and enjoyed every minute.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Sep 26th, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 12:25 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
That was panned? I'm talking User Score btw, not just "this game is boring" on a bunch of message boards.

Edit: Checked and you based that off nothing lol. By "awful" I mean "4.9/49" or lower, scores given by public and critics declaring it bad across the board.

Examples would be "Aliens: Colonial Marines", "Ride to Hell: Retribution", etc hell even Duke Nukem forever wouldn't technically count since it has average reviews from both critics and people on review aggregate sites like Metacritic.

So games considered: "Average" like "The Hobbit" for the PS2/Xbox, "Sea of Thieves", "Watch Dogs", these games wouldn't count.

Games the general public hates just as much as Ride to Hell: Retribution.

You're making this more difficult than it needs to be. Why not just ask "which games that were panned by most people did you enjoy?"

Hell you don't even specify where you're pulling these scores from. Game Rankings? Metacritic?

Some games I enjoyed that most gamers did not seem to enjoy: X-Men Destiny, Advent Rising. And while the series wasn't loathed I found I enjoyed the Star Wars Force Unleashed series more than most.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 9th, 2019 at 08:42 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 08:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think the issue is that it's easier for a game to be objectively bad than say, a movie or an album.

Even games like Alpha Protocol, which have shit gameplay, still have enough in other areas to not be considered complete trash.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 09:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Rogue Warrior is another one i've tried out recently and it's hated by on both sides.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 01:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I was gonna mention Alpha Protocol. F*cking loved that game with a passion. It was the only military/espionage action/rpg I can remember that has choices, consequences, branching stories, etc... That's usually saved for fantasy or sci-fi.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 06:37 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Mortal Kombat 4 I think.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 06:53 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ That's the only main MK game that i've never played

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 07:00 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Deception was the only good 3D game, which at least tried. Fight me.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 07:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Clive Barker’s Jericho.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 10:15 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Impediment
Clive Barker’s Jericho.

thumb up

Even when my idols Adam Sessler & Morgan Webb gave it flak, I had to disagree. It's a pretty alright game.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 11:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nemesis X
thumb up

Even when my idols Adam Sessler & Morgan Webb gave it flak, I had to disagree. It's a pretty alright game.
They disliked some pretty sick PS2 games, like Colosseum: Road to Freedom.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 11:40 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Deception was the only good 3D game, which at least tried. Fight me.

Was thinking about buying a copy for backwards compatible play on a 360. I hear emulation isn't.perfect, but it's mostly the title screen, and 360 upscaling beats PS2 components on an LCD.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 10th, 2019 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 03:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote