KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » "The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread

"The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

"The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread

(please log in to view the image)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
Okay guys as fun as it is for everyone to form their own high school cliques and maybe even partake in a little of the fun, I think it's time to take this somewhere else. Maybe create a KMC character devotion thread in the comic books section

And so I did.

Anywho, this will be to discuss Thor's appearances, reminisce of classic days, post cool scans, videos, anything Thor (as long as it stays comic book related of course). Basically the revamped Thor discussion thread. Just take it easy, have a good time, and enjoy the character. smile

Oh, and I will be referred to as "All-Father" While in this thread. (please log in to view the image)

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 01:45 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

and to start it off, Thor god of Thunder has been the best Thor related story I've read since he lost the Odin Force. How's everyone else been taking to it?

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 01:46 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Re: "The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Damborgson
Oh, and I will be referred to as "All-Father" While in this thread.

no expression

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 01:50 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Seriously, though, God of Thunder is pretty cool.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 01:50 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Re: Re: "The Thor Corp"-Revamped Thor Discussion Thread

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
no expression
Oh I was uh...Kidding of course. (please log in to view the image)

Seriously, though, God of Thunder is pretty cool.

Definitely

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 01:53 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Aaron said he's a fanboy for Mangog, so there's a chance we'll see him pop up in the future. I'm impressed he was able to blend the viking myth aspects of Thor alongside more cosmic-y backdrops already two issues in.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 01:56 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I liked the scene where Thor answered to his prayers. He's still a god after all, and being reminded of it by something else than his name, was a nice touch.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 02:00 AM
DarkOdin

Originally posted by Damborgson
I liked the scene where Thor answered to his prayers. He's still a god after all, and being reminded of it by something else than his name, was a nice touch.
Ya that was very cool however, I like how King Thor and "young thor" are portrayed, however current Thor seems a little off, Like when he threated to kill one of the people he just saved after the girl fell asleep, other then that it looks like it will be a great run, On a side note it is nice to see thor using his weather control powers even before he was able to wield Mjolnir

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 02:57 AM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Cover for Uncanny A #4. Still thinking on possible mindrape.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:49 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Apocalypse vs. Thor to happen in Uncanny Avengers #6. From the looks of it and the previews, seems like it's Pre-Mjolnir Thor.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 12:50 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

That's interesting. That's definitely has to be the pre mjolnir Thor who fought Gorr.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 02:18 AM
The Sorrow

This run has me onboard, I'm genuinely intrigued where Aaron will take the character and where this "god butcher" story goes. In the light of the recent reveal that a young Apoc will be taking on a young Thor in Uncanny Avengers i'm looking forward to see if it spills over into Thor's ongoing as UA and Thor are my 2 fav Marvel NOW books.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/p...;pid=1355176234

Last edited by The Sorrow on Dec 11th, 2012 at 02:17 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 02:14 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

or

It might be because I'm not used to it yet, but his classic looks a lot better to me than the Marvel Now look.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 15th, 2012 01:01 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Eh, I like his Marvel NOW look when he's helmet-less.

Coipel's look is the definitive Thor for me, though.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2012 06:35 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I agree.

He is THE Thor artist for me.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 15th, 2012 06:39 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=71330

Series is picking up. Aaron's internal Thor dialogue trounces Fraction's big time which is a goddamn shame because we all know Fraction can write a great story.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2012 06:44 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh, I like his Marvel NOW look when he's helmet-less.

Coipel's look is the definitive Thor for me, though.

I blame the movies for that. Even when I had a Thor action figure as a kid, I always preferred the helmetted versions.

Since watching the movies though, I've done a 180.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2012 06:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -Pr-
I blame the movies for that. Even when I had a Thor action figure as a kid, I always preferred the helmetted versions.

Since watching the movies though, I've done a 180.

Sometimes the helmets are drawn too large or unseemly with disproportional wings.

Coipel's look - or even different artists just drawing the same "Thor: Reborn" costume - typically draw a sleeker less prounced winged helm, which I prefer to the ones with the huge wings.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2012 06:48 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's true.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2012 06:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 20th, 2012 06:57 PM