KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Demensions: Yugi vs Kaiba (new movie)

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Demensions: Yugi vs Kaiba (new movie)
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Demensions: Yugi vs Kaiba (new movie)

Because I know there's some Yu-Gi-Oh fans here..

The improved animation, monster designs, and such has me a bit stoked for the return of the original series.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 01:47 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

I'm a huge fan of the original series, but not the squeals and spin-offs. I haven't seen this movie yet, still waiting on proper subs. So is Yugi using the same deck or is it comprise of the current meta?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 01:56 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

http://kotaku.com/the-original-yu-g...ride-1773030951

Kaiba sounds like he's more of a cock than even I remember.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 02:10 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This is something I might actually watch. Definitely enjoyed the original series.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:08 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Nothing is going to beat Blue Eyes Shining Dragon.

Or the original Yu-Gi-Oh movie.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 03:21 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vansonbee
I'm a huge fan of the original series, but not the squeals and spin-offs. I haven't seen this movie yet, still waiting on proper subs. So is Yugi using the same deck or is it comprise of the current meta?

Same here. And I don't know, but that is a very good question.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Nothing is going to beat Blue Eyes Shining Dragon.

Or the original Yu-Gi-Oh movie.

That movie was non-canon. This one seems to take place after the last arc (hence no pharaoh there dueling :( ). I enjoyed that other movie mentioned, but it wasn't really all that.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:02 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Same here. And I don't know, but that is a very good question.

That movie was non-canon. This one seems to take place after the last arc (hence no pharaoh there dueling sad ). I enjoyed that other movie mentioned, but it wasn't really all that.
Who said it was non-canon?

It was the only one shown in ****ing theaters for christs sakes.

Don't see why it wouldn't fit in somewhere within the timeline btw.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:06 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That movie was non-canon. This one seems to take place after the last arc (hence no pharaoh there dueling sad )
On this note, I thoroughly enjoyed the introduction of the God cards/mythos and whatnot -- that entire arc was fun.

I also enjoyed Yugi's duel with Pegasus and his Toon deck WAY back in the day.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 8th, 2016 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 05:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Very cool, brings back the memories.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 06:13 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Who said it was non-canon?

It was the only one shown in ****ing theaters for christs sakes.

Don't see why it wouldn't fit in somewhere within the timeline btw.

Pretty much every source? Not really surprising, given how often movies of anime tend to be non-canon. The beginning of the movie implied Pyramid of Light took place pretty much right after Battle City, but you never see Kaiba try to use Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon again later in the series or anything. Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't of minded it being canon to the main series with some of the awesome monsters it introduced, but it simply wasn't (it being in theaters is irrelevant). Hell, some of my favorite arcs of the original Yu-Gi-Oh were filler, like Waking the Dragons.

Originally posted by Galan007
On this note, I thoroughly enjoyed the introduction of the God cards/mythos and whatnot -- that entire arc was fun.

I also enjoyed Yugi's duel with Pegasus and his Toon deck WAY back in the day.

Every arc the Egyptian Gods got to be in was fun, whether canon or not. My favorite parts with them may have been when they fought Dartz as the Leviathan and Bakura as Zorc outside of the card game, as it showed where their strengths and limits really lied. My personal fav out of the three was Slifer.

Aye.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 08:34 PM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

I'm so stoked to see life being brought back into the orginal series, it was always my favorite!

Fan of the series for sure, picked up "Legacy Of The Duelist" awhile back for only like 20 bucks, it's fun for if you enjoyed the card game and cuts out the whole having to buy cards IRL thing. Still enjoy hopping online and having a match from time to time. Movie looks awesome I'll definitely be checking it out.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 09:28 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Every arc the Egyptian Gods got to be in was fun, whether canon or not. My favorite parts with them may have been when they fought Dartz as the Leviathan and Bakura as Zorc outside of the card game, as it showed where their strengths and limits really lied. My personal fav out of the three was Slifer.

Aye.
I was an Obelisk guy, myself. I remember having a nerdgasm when he first appeared in the show.... I couldn't believe TEH POWA!!! laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 11:03 PM
Jmanghan

I will always be a fan of Exodia.

Maybe not a God Card, but he was damn powerful...

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 01:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Exodia > Gods. thumb up

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 03:45 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by Galan007
Exodia > Gods. thumb up

It's been awhile, but is that still considers canon?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 07:24 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Are we talking in terms of coolness or power? The implication I got in the latter regard is that the Gods reign supreme.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 07:43 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I mean, Exodia is ahead of Obelisk, dunno about Slither and The Winged Dragon of Ra.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 12:37 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Yamcha
I'm so stoked to see life being brought back into the orginal series, it was always my favorite!

Fan of the series for sure, picked up "Legacy Of The Duelist" awhile back for only like 20 bucks, it's fun for if you enjoyed the card game and cuts out the whole having to buy cards IRL thing. Still enjoy hopping online and having a match from time to time. Movie looks awesome I'll definitely be checking it out.

Back in the day I had gotten some Yu-Gi-Oh games like Duelist of the Roses and Falsebound Kingdom, but I had also gotten plenty cards IRL and built a deck, but that stuff was only used back in high school and I couldn't be bothered to keep up with the metagame or the ghey banned list for the cards after awhile.

Far as the Exodia talk, I always found Exodia Necross cooler, tbh. And yeah, the Gods were always implied to be more powerful. Took more effort on Zorc's part too to beat the gods than for when he beat Exodia, iirc.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Sep 10th, 2016 at 01:28 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 01:21 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Are we talking in terms of coolness or power? The implication I got in the latter regard is that the Gods reign supreme.
You draw all parts of Exodia, you win the game instantly. That's what I was talking about.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 01:53 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Maybe that insta-win effect is somehow negated if the Gods are on the other side of the field? I mean the Gods were introduced partly for the purpose of one-upping Exodia, and with all the numerous mentions and stuff that they were more powerful than him, I don't see why they wouldn't be in fact, stronger. Hard to say for sure though.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 02:02 AM