KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Emerald City

Emerald City
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Emerald City

Looks pretty epic. Can't wait to check it out.

"A dark new take on the Land of Oz fantasy setting created by L. Frank Baum that began with his The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz, the show stars Vincent D’Onofrio as the Wizard and Adria Arjona as an older version of Dorothy Gale. Emerald City sees Dorothy transported by tornado along with a K9 police dog into a mystical land of competing realms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy."

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:25 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I was kind of hoping for a continuation of HBO's Oz, but I knew it was too good to be true.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 01:48 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the f*ck did I just see? Vincent D’Onofrio read this script and thought "yeah, this sounds good".

Also one of the guys with paint on his face looks like John Candy.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 24th, 2016 at 04:32 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 04:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Is this Into the Badlands meets Wizard of Oz?

Is there martial arts in it?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Oh Great. More Dark & Gritty Emo jerk bait.....Just what Wiz of Oz needed.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 07:48 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh Great. More Dark & Gritty Emo jerk bait.....Just what Wiz of Oz needed.

I'm surprised in this version they didn't make Dorothy a child prostitute with a heart of gold(and also chlamydia).

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 03:40 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm surprised in this version they didn't make Dorothy a child prostitute with a heart of gold(and also chlamydia).

Oh I am sure there will be Rape somewhere in her backstory....She apparently lives in a Trailer park so yeah. She gonna have had the rape.....and probably an abortion or 3. Cause Dorothy is White Trash now.

Wait is this on Netflix? Cause if this on the flix.....yeah rape 100%

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 08:14 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Same director as The Cell, still one of the most mind-blowing movies ever made.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 10:29 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Same director as The Cell, still one of the most mind-blowing movies ever made.

The Cell with Big Booty Lopez?

*expectations dropped 3 more notches

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 08:21 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

The Cell with Big Booty Lopez?

*expectations dropped 3 more notches

Yes, the same movie that won 6 awards and was nominated for more than 20. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 12:21 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL dude..you are not helping your argument by bringing up "The Cell". That shit is terrible.

Here is what you need to realize. Sometimes in the late 90's and early 2000's we thought horrible movies were good. It was some kind of weird disease. I can't explain it.

It's one of those movies where you don't know wtf is going on, but you pretend you do to seem "hip", without realizing that the late 90's/early 2000's version of hip is downright horrid.

Wait, Vincent D was in "The Cell" as well. Now this explains it. The director chooses Vincent whenever he decides to make movies that are shitty, but also kind of dark so if you say it's bad you can just refute it with "you just don't get what it was supposed to mean" and those types of arguments.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 26th, 2016 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 12:30 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

LOL dude..you are not helping your argument by bringing up "The Cell". That shit is terrible.

Here is what you need to realize. Sometimes in the late 90's and early 2000's we thought horrible movies were good. It was some kind of weird disease. I can't explain it.

It's one of those movies where you don't know wtf is going on, but you pretend you do to seem "hip", without realizing that the late 90's/early 2000's version of hip is downright horrid.

Wait, Vincent D was in "The Cell" as well. Now this explains it. The director chooses Vincent whenever he decides to make movies that are shitty, but also kind of dark so if you say it's bad you can just refute it with "you just don't get what it was supposed to mean" and those types of arguments.

LOL dude... You are not helping your argument by stating, "That shit is terrible" simply because "you don't understand wtf is going on". First, you don't speak for everybody (clearly, based on the amount of awards it won and was nominated for) and second, a lack of comprehension on your part does not affect the quality of any product created by anybody. Saying a director "decides to make movies that are shitty" means you don't understand much about directing and saying "we thought horrible movies were good" means you somehow believe you are entitled to speak for everybody who watches movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What I will accept is that YOU didn't understand the movie and therefore YOU didn't like it.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 03:53 AM
Flyattractor

Yes, the same movie that won 6 awards and was nominated for more than 20. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah and Who gave it the Awards? Hollywood ShitHeads.

And Who Do I not give any Credit in anything they say or do?

HOLLYWOOD SHITHEADS!

Pull the other one Spanky.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 07:16 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

And Who Do I not give any Credit in anything they say or do?

Oh, the irony...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 11:41 AM
queeq
Chaos

OMG... looks sooooo bad.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 12:49 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL dude... You are not helping your argument by stating, "That shit is terrible" simply because "you don't understand wtf is going on". First, you don't speak for everybody (clearly, based on the amount of awards it won and was nominated for) and second, a lack of comprehension on your part does not affect the quality of any product created by anybody. Saying a director "decides to make movies that are shitty" means you don't understand much about directing and saying "we thought horrible movies were good" means you somehow believe you are entitled to speak for everybody who watches movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What I will accept is that YOU didn't understand the movie and therefore YOU didn't like it.

I never said I didn't understand it. I just didn't like it. I also wasn't even really being serious, I didn't actually believe this person chooses to make shitty movies with a specific actor.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 04:01 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I never said I didn't understand it. I just didn't like it. I also wasn't even really being serious, I didn't actually believe this person chooses to make shitty movies with a specific actor.

Ah, that makes more sense. wink I'll admit I have certain prejudices as well - I can't stand Christopher Nolan, for instance, and think he's totally overrated. So I would also be very sceptical about any project he's involved in.

I am just so fed-up with the whole DC Arrowverse at the moment that I'm desperate for anything fantasy-like that looks like it might be good and written by adults for a mature audience.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 04:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, to be honest I used to love Arrow. Then I just kinda..fell off of it. To the point where I haven't even seen any of the new episodes from the latest season yet.

I like Legends of Tomorrow more than Arrow and Flash right now. I thought Arrow started strong last season in the beginning, but began to fall short.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 04:20 PM
Darth Thor

^ Yeah Legends is by far my fav of the Arrowverse right now as well. Flash is still decent but seems to have lost its mojo. Arrow just lost the plot in S3 and never recovered. Supergirl's just got too much cheese and is lacking a good season plot.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 07:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Oh, the irony...

I know the "I don't Give a Shit about what they say" is a Two way street.

But ya know what...

I DON"T GIVE A SHIT!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 07:33 PM