KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Agent Barton (The Avengers) vs Legolas (LotR)

Agent Barton (The Avengers) vs Legolas (LotR)
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Agent Barton (The Avengers) vs Legolas (LotR)

Arrow duel to the death in Times Square. No trick/explosive arrows, just the regular sharp pointy kind.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post May 6th, 2012 11:19 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

This is becoming a joke now...how many of these avenger threads do we need!?!

But Legolas

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 6th, 2012 11:23 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Honestly after the shooting display Barton did on the roof I would give him accuracy, but I might give shooting speed to Legolas

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 6th, 2012 11:33 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Barton showed some skill, he's got nothing on Legolas...plus Legolas is suuuuuch a dream boat

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 6th, 2012 11:37 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

too bad we can't use comic feats, this would be so much rape.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 12:18 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Barton showed some skill, he's got nothing on Legolas...plus Legolas is suuuuuch a dream boat
He was hitting speeding flying motorcycles with pinpoint accuracy.

He did a no look shot on one to.

He was about to hit Loki square in the eye before Loki grabbed it out of the air.

I didn't see Legolas do shots with those kinds of speeding objects involved and shooting them without even looking.

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Newjak on May 7th, 2012 at 01:03 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2012 01:01 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

been a while since i've seen the lord of the rings films.. can someone lists legolas's feats

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 7th, 2012 01:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Old Post May 7th, 2012 01:35 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah, Clint definitely has aim and accuracy.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 01:38 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Newjak
He was hitting speeding flying motorcycles with pinpoint accuracy.

He did a no look shot on one to.

He was about to hit Loki square in the eye before Loki grabbed it out of the air.

I didn't see Legolas do shots with those kinds of speeding objects involved and shooting them without even looking.
Those speeding motorcycle thingd were moving slow as hell, thougj. I'd argue slower than a car.

The alidn force was the most underwhelming part of the movie. Those guys were weak as hell.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 7th, 2012 01:44 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Clint's best feat in The Avengers (shooting into the air on the SHIELD craft) is far better than anything Elf dude pulled off.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 01:46 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

LOTR elves are immortal. Legolas wins, although I'm really pumped from the movie and want Clint to win.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 02:34 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
LOTR elves are immortal. Legolas wins, although I'm really pumped from the movie and want Clint to win.

I'm pretty sure that means they don't age (they actually do, but very slowly), not that they can't die.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 04:37 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Checked the Wikia, and you're right. My bad. They do recover from injury faster than humans do, so Legolas still wins since he can't be put down for a 10 count if they are using just regular arrows.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 05:24 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

10 count? how about an arrow to the face? no expression

Old Post May 7th, 2012 05:26 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by marwash22
Clint's best feat in The Avengers (shooting into the air on the SHIELD craft) is far better than anything Elf dude pulled off.

True. Adjusting for Windage and Drop at such a height with an arrow is madness.

Barton wins this fight.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 05:49 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Just being accurate isn't going to win the fight IMO. They are both good enough to hit each other, but being able to evade and maneuver is a big factor as well which goes to Legolas.

Just look at Hawkeye vs Loki, even though he was dead on target, Loki was fast enough to catch the arrow. Similarly I can see Legolas being fast enough to take cover. The fight is definitely going to be more than just who is more accurate. Agility, combat skills and awareness will make a difference. Legolas also has the short range advantage, and a much quicker rate of fire.

If the characters start off knowing their opponent's level of skill, then Legolas would have the advantage, he would know to be extremely cautious and that he needs to close the gap.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:06 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Placidity
Just being accurate isn't going to win the fight IMO. They are both good enough to hit each other, but being able to evade and maneuver is a big factor as well which goes to Legolas.

Just look at Hawkeye vs Loki, even though he was dead on target, Loki was fast enough to catch the arrow. Similarly I can see Legolas being fast enough to take cover. The fight is definitely going to be more than just who is more accurate. Agility, combat skills and awareness will make a difference. Legolas also has the short range advantage, and a much quicker rate of fire.

If the characters start off knowing their opponent's level of skill, then Legolas would have the advantage, he would know to be extremely cautious and that he needs to close the gap.

It's an arrow duel to the death though. No Kung Fu, no swords. Legolas would have a great chance of winning if he closed the gap and took Barton down with other weapons but Barton is just as gimped without trick arrows.

Who do you think would win if Legolas and Barton fought hand to hand/bows and arrows in hand?

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:12 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by the ninjak
It's an arrow duel to the death though. No Kung Fu, no swords. Legolas would have a great chance of winning if he closed the gap and took Barton down with other weapons but Barton is just as gimped without trick arrows.

Who do you think would win if Legolas and Barton fought hand to hand/bows and arrows in hand?

When I mean close up, I meant still fighting with arrows.

Close-up bow/arrow fight, I would have to say Legolas, since he has actually fought close up using arrows as melee weapons. Also at close range, extreme accuracy isn't going to matter, agility and rate of fire would be more important.

Unarmed fight, probably Hawkeye for the same reason, we've never seen Legolas fight unarmed, while Hawkeye has shown some skill against Black Widow.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:20 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Barton did fight close range against the Chitauri both launhing arrows and using them as melee weapons though.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:38 AM