KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tyranny

Tyranny
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tyranny

Has anyone played this game yet? It's made by the same people who did Pillars of Eternity, but for some reason it received little to no attention upon release.

It has somewhat similar gameplay, though instead of having to rest in order to restore spells there is a cooldown system, which I like much better than what Pillars had.

An interesting aspect of gameplay is the choices a player can make. In most RPG's this usually boils down to either doing something really good or doing something really evil. This game is more nuanced, with far more shades of grey and far more options. The game also begins quite interestingly, you have to make a series of choices about decisions you made during a war that took place prior to the main story. There are a lot of different options to pick from and some of them grant you different abilities and outcomes.

I feel the magic system is very unique. You have to create every spell you use, you can only learn the core essences of magic, and you must use those to create spells. So if you learn the fire sigil you'll be able to then create fire based spells.

Each sigil has a variety of spells you can use to create with this. Throughout the game you'll learn to edit these spells to make them more powerful, to determine what kind of spell they are(area effect, single target), and to determine which specific side effects a spell might carry(like increasing range or accuracy of a spell). So there is a vast amount of customization for the magic.

Oh one other cool aspect is something that reminds me of the game Chrono Trigger: special combo powers you can perform with party members. The things party members say during combat can also be amusing. My rogue, while stabbing an enemy, she screamed "bleed out you little shit".

All in all it is worth checking out. Especially if you enjoyed Pillars of Eternity. I assume this game is available on Steam, but I got mine on Gog.

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 8th, 2017 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 11:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I got to smother a baby to death, game's pretty fun.

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 10:38 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I want to get this but I'm still going through Pillars atm. I got kind of burnt out so I may not get to this for a while.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 03:20 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I have crippling anxiety and want to kill myself everyday.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 05:31 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I got to smother a baby to death, game's pretty fun.

Lol yeah, this one chick set me up for an ambush, and I came back and punched her in the f*cking stomach for daring to set me up. That was a specific option in dialogue, "punch her in the stomach".

I also sentenced a man to a life time of physical labor for daring to correct me in public.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 11:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

aw man i got all excited. I thought this said Tranny. I thought there was finally a game about Transsexuals.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2017 11:42 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

This looks VERY intriguing.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 07:50 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote