KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Pay for ad removal

Pay for ad removal
Started by: FB92

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FB92

Pay for ad removal

Is there a way I can pay to have ads removed?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 12:54 AM
FB92 is currently offline Click here to Send FB92 a Private Message Find more posts by FB92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

No.

Just use Adblock. It'll make ads go away pretty much everywhere!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 04:04 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I like how you talk him out of doing something that would benefit the site financially (though Raz doesn't have this feature) and tell him to screw Raz out of the ad revenue.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 04:35 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I like how you talk him out of doing something that would benefit the site financially (though Raz doesn't have this feature) and tell him to screw Raz out of the ad revenue.

He'll only get ad revenue if the guy would click on the ads. He obviously hates them, so he wouldn't do that. And it is better for the site to have a thriving community, so for these kinds of people it is likely beneficial to the site to be informed of this option they have.

It's similar to how software piracy can be beneficial in certain circumstances to developers and publishers of that software

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 06:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Bardock42
He'll only get ad revenue if the guy would click on the ads. He obviously hates them, so he wouldn't do that. And it is better for the site to have a thriving community, so for these kinds of people it is likely beneficial to the site to be informed of this option they have.

It's similar to how software piracy can be beneficial in certain circumstances to developers and publishers of that software

He also gets revenue from ad impressions. Not just from the clicks.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 07:35 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Does he? I think he only uses Google Ads, no? (I don't know of course, I use AdBlock no expression)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 07:47 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Does he? I think he only uses Google Ads, no? (I don't know of course, I use AdBlock no expression)

Nope. There are ads that display at the top next to the KMC logo and below everything near the footer that are regular ads. They can be very obnoxious too.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with AdBlock, I use it on KMC too. I just thought it was funny that a global mod would be promoting the use of it.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 08:44 PM
Bardock42

It is pretty funny, yeah.

I just wanted to speak up for piracy...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 09:43 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

So, if I click on an add, the forum makes money?

To the forum: If you give me half the money, I will sit and click adds all day long. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 09:05 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 10:37 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 06:49 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GTTGT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just no

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2022 02:25 AM
GTTGT is currently offline Click here to Send GTTGT a Private Message Find more posts by GTTGT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote