KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Favourite Defunct Titles/Series

Favourite Defunct Titles/Series
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Favourite Defunct Titles/Series

a place to reminisce about titles both old or newer that have kicked the bucket.

i was just recently rereading the original uncanny x-force stuff and found myself loving it again. not very old, but still, some of my fave marvel material in the last 10-15 years for sure.

people can do way better than that, but just a jumping on place. y'all get the picture for this thread. wink

Old Post Aug 31st, 2016 05:43 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Legion of Superheroes.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 02:15 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 02:30 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Couldn't agree more. That series was AMAZING, then Hickman just... Stopped writing it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 04:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Couldn't agree more. That series was AMAZING, then Hickman just... Stopped writing it.

Probably 'cause he got drafted to write that pile of shit that is Secret Wars erm

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 04:30 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Johns on JSA, and that whole pre-Flashpoint JSA run, really.

Authority, specifically the early stuff with Ellis still running it.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 01:08 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Danny Ketch Ghost Rider series.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 06:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Quasar. Fun series.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 12:20 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

MI 13 with Captain Britain etc.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 08:53 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Cogito
Probably 'cause he got drafted to write that pile of shit that is Secret Wars erm
The last issue of S.H.I.E.L.D. was released in early 2012. Hickman was barely even writing the Mad Celestial arc of F4 at the time -- nevermind Secret Wars proper. So I have no f*cking clue why he just... Stopped so close to the finish.

Really wish he'd conclude the series at some point, though. It was honestly one of the best stories I have ever read -- Hickman at his best.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 27th, 2016 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 07:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Waid & Kubert Ka-Zar. sad

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 11:21 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by leonidas
i was just recently rereading the original uncanny x-force stuff and found myself loving it again. not very old, but still, some of my fave marvel material in the last 10-15 years for sure.

This was a really good series. I think I read it as tourney research (to fight you? I honestly can't remember). But I ended up just enjoying the hell out of it.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 01:23 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I've been telling y'all how awesome Uncanny X-Force was for years.

The preceding X- Force run with Kyle/Yost was pretty good too.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 7th, 2016 at 02:21 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 02:19 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

that first run of uncanny x-force was lit

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 04:52 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote