KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Evolve

Evolve
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Evolve

This is a game from the creators of Left 4 Dead. Its a four person multiplayer experience against aliens now (apparently one massive alien controlled by another player that gets stronger as the game goes on). This game is a next gen ONLY experience (about damn time we have a next gen game not held back back old gen).

quote:
Evolve is promising to offer a new kind of multiplayer experience. Clearly taking inspiration from its previous project, Evolve is a sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter that will pit a four-player crew of alien hunters against a separate player controlled monster that increases in strength over a series of matches. Each hunter features unique items and abilities, though the monster is far from defenceless, boasting colossal size and devastating attacks.

Teaser Site

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01...k-unveil-evolve

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Jan 7th, 2014 07:48 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Some more details.

This sounds really promising.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2014 09:18 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote:
the Turtle Rock-developed game will be a sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter heading to PS4, Xbox One and PC

That's a relief. Considering the L4D games are only on the Xbox and PC, I got kinda worried this would too.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2014 09:21 PM
Nemesis X is online now! Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

This might be really good. L4D games had some great longevity too.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2014 10:02 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
This might be really good. L4D games had some great longevity too.
Yep, I can still pop in L4D2 when I have some friends over and have a blase. The replayability in those games is through the roof. Definitely looking forward to this.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 7th, 2014 11:02 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks great.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 06:30 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Agreed! That will be a blast to play with friends

PWNT

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 02:25 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I read from that latest Gameinformer mag "Above" regarding the second Left 4 Dead game, Turtle Rock Studios wasn't even involved with it it was Strictly Valve involved with that one.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 12th, 2014 at 09:45 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 09:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 07:00 PM
Nemesis X is online now! Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I read this in last month's Game Informer.

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad that it'll be available for PS4.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 07:10 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

That video looks amazing. I was worried that the Goliath would be at a disadvantage in 1v4, but that thing is monstrous. I'm impressed.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 07:13 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

This looks ****ing awesome.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 10:18 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechagoomba
I should be a mario boss

I disagree

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 07:43 PM
mechagoomba is currently offline Click here to Send mechagoomba a Private Message Find more posts by mechagoomba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

shut up nerd i'll crush your cygnar losers

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 07:46 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

So hyped for this game. I only hope there is a lot of depth to monster evolution

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 07:48 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechagoomba
I should be a mario boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
shut up nerd i'll crush your cygnar losers

is that a threat little man

because I know youve been avoiding getting online out of fear

flex

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 09:17 AM
mechagoomba is currently offline Click here to Send mechagoomba a Private Message Find more posts by mechagoomba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

14 hours later

stand down beta your cowardice is confirmed

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 09:34 AM
mechagoomba
I should be a mario boss

sorry I had shit to do before I could respond to the common plebs

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 02:17 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

We finally got a release date. October 21st.

We also get new hunters:

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 23rd, 2014 at 01:18 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 01:11 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Good news: a new monster appears and it's apparently Cthulhu.

Bad news: What you just watched is a "DLC" trailer that will be exclusive to the Xbone for a limited time and if you don't pre-order Evolve, you'll have to pay for it.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 9th, 2014 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 09:25 PM