KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Taboo

Taboo
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Taboo

New show starring Tom Hardy as the lead. Watched ep1-2, so far it's intriguing and worth the watch, imo.

Set in 1814, Taboo follows James Keziah Delaney, a man who has been to the ends of the earth and comes back irrevocably changed. Believed to be long dead, he returns home to London from Africa to inherit what is left of his father's shipping empire and rebuild a life for himself. But his father's legacy is a poisoned chalice, and with enemies lurking in every dark corner, James must navigate increasingly complex territories to avoid his own death sentence. Encircled by conspiracy, murder and betrayal, a dark family mystery unfolds in a combustible tale of love and treachery.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/taboo/about

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3647998/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo_(2017_TV_series)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 20th, 2017 12:04 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I love this show...

it is excellent..

I recommend it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 20th, 2017 03:20 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Will probably check this out at some point, too enamored with the Young Pope lol

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 20th, 2017 04:58 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

First episode wasn't bad and showed some potential, will give it a few more views before supporting it.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2017 07:00 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I like it.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 03:50 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Heard this show is a slow-burn, but Hardy promises it heats up...

I'm not sure if the premise is interesting to me or not, but Tom Hardy is great, so I may give it a chance at some point.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 08:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I enoyed the first two episodes and will continue watching.

I thought it was interesting that taboo was about the East India Trading Company and the new netflix series Frontier came out and was about the Hudson Bay trading company.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 01:05 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Heard this show is a slow-burn, but Hardy promises it heats up...

I'm not sure if the premise is interesting to me or not, but Tom Hardy is great, so I may give it a chance at some point.
It's not a slow burn.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 01:08 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Mindset
It's not a slow burn.

Are you calling Tom Hardy a liar?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 03:13 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindset
It's not a slow burn.

More of a medium heat, cooking perfectly and thoroughly.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 05:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Are you calling Tom Hardy a liar?
Yes

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 12:14 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

After the last ep. not sure you want to be calling Hardy a liar.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2017 08:52 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this is an awesome show

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 4th, 2017 12:39 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Soooo... Finally started watching Taboo. So far I'm loving it.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 07:40 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Started watching this this week. Easily the highest production values of an original bbc series for quite some time. So far Oona Chaplin has been the only weak performance in it. Tom Hardy, and Jonathan Pryce have both been excellent and it also has one of the best and most underrated British actors in it namely Stephen Graham (he played Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire and Combo in This is England)

Excellent so far. Looking forward to watching the rest as I'm only on episode 4

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 01:17 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Season finale tonight.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 04:04 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This show is solid. Not amazing, but good.

Great villains, great protagonist, and pretty good supporting cast. Fking lol @ every scene with Dr. Cholmondeley. Zilpha is the weakest part of the show by far though. I lose interest in just about every scene she's in.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 03:35 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I was kind of disappointed at how neat everything tied up. It all went too easy. This season was a 6/7/10.

At least Zilpha died though.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 06:17 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

heard a lot of good abput this. ill put it on the list

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 04:29 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote