KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Batman: Arkham Insurgency

Batman: Arkham Insurgency
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Batman: Arkham Insurgency

WB Games Montreál's follow up to Arkham Origin's

details on it in the link

https://nowloading.co/p/new-batman-...ou-need-to-know

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 12:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

An inexperienced Batman with Dick Grayson as Robin? Sign me up.

Also, Troy Baker was an outstanding Joker, so I'm behind him reprising the role. I actually liked Origins more than most did. It had the best boss fights in the series, Bane and Joker, were great villains, and it did more justice to Deathstroke than Arkham Knight did.

Also good to hear the Batmobile will be back, but wont be as central as it was in Knight. They put an over focus on it in that game.

The best news, though, is the fighting system being overhauled to get more out of 1v1 fights. That will make boss fights waaaay more interesting. I actually thought the fighting in the Batman games got old real fast. It was too easy to dispatch hordes of enemies, and they compensated by throwing more enemies at you. Tedium.

I'm pretty hyped.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 01:53 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I hope they bring back the multiplayer. That was fun.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 02:09 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It was when you could actually get into a game.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 02:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I saw the reddit hullabaloo, so if its picking up steam hopefully it's confirmed soon.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 02:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Aside from what was mentioned (yay @ the bat tank not being a main character), having some of the lesser known villains like the Court of Owls and stuff interests me. Like with Origins, already confident there'll be better villain portrayals than most of what RockSteady did.

Definitely wouldn't mind the multiplayer being back too. Phuck the haters, the one in Origins was hella fun outside of server issues. Speaking of, still want that game to become backwards compatible with the xbone for that purpose. Not having it in the Return to Arkham bundle re-release was smdh.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 02:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If the roster for Injustice 2 displeases me enough when the rest of it is revealed like I fear it may, may just skip out on it for the time being and save/wait for this, depending on when Insurgency comes out this year (assuming it does).

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 02:53 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

can't freaking wait

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 03:47 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Aside from what was mentioned (yay @ the bat tank not being a main character), having some of the lesser known villains like the Court of Owls and stuff interests me. Like with Origins, already confident there'll be better villain portrayals than most of what RockSteady did.

Definitely wouldn't mind the multiplayer being back too. Phuck the haters, the one in Origins was hella fun outside of server issues. Speaking of, still want that game to become backwards compatible with the xbone for that purpose. Not having it in the Return to Arkham bundle re-release was smdh.

If it means more ninja fights like in Origins (which were sadly missing from Knight), I'm all for it. I loved the variations on the gangs that Origin gave us.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 03:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, you mean those Black Mask guys that had that weird counter timing and would hit you before your strike hits them if you failed to follow through? Yeah, those guys were a welcome challenging addition which I guess I wouldn't mind more of as well. Arkham Knight just had too many of the big brute guys, but the medic and detective vision-proof camo guys were interesting, although annoying.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 5th, 2017 at 06:04 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 05:57 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh, you mean those Black Mask guys that had that weird counter timing and would hit you before your strike hits them if you failed to follow through? Yeah, those guys were a welcome challenging addition which I guess I wouldn't mind more of as well. Arkham Knight just had too many of the big brute guys, but the medic and detective vision-proof camo guys were interesting, although annoying.

Yeah. Enemies should have varying numbers of attacks you have to counter before you can strike back. Keeps things unpredictable.

The Arkham combat is already heavily scripted (it just seems like you have more control than you do), so anything that makes me more involved in it is a plus imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 06:40 AM
KCJ506

If this is true, then perhaps Two-Face will finally get his due in these games. Like Bane he's been mishandled by Rocksteady twice. WBM did Bane justice in Origins(which we may sadly never get again unless there's some writing that's the equivalent of a magic wand that undoes anything permanent). I think they could knock it out of the park with Two-Face's origin.

And hopefully this time for once they won't have Joker hijacking the plot.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 10:01 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Two-Face (and Harvey before he changed) was handled pretty well in the Telltale Batman. I gave up on him though far as Arkham, before Knight even came out. I tire of some villains being jobbers for other villains as much as the next person, but we did get just that from WBM when it came to Black Mask. I don't know, but I have more faith in them to do lesser used villains justice than RockSteady at the very least.

Joker stealing the show at some point just seems inevitable though, no matter how you slice it. He's a revenue generating antagonist, who they'll milk of all his worth (as if him being a dead guy exception to come back in Injustice 2 wasn't enough).

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 03:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I will admit, as much as they tended to focus on Joker, I really enjoyed the short DLC we got, the few short missions where you hunted other villains. Ra's in the hospital, Freeze on the ship etc. Those were done really well I thought.

From Arkham Knight, I'm talking about.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 04:43 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, definitely. That dlc there I actually liked more than most of the base game, and wish the rest of Knight had been more like it with the villain story range.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 04:47 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh, definitely. That dlc there I actually liked more than most of the base game, and wish the rest of Knight had been more like it with the villain story range.

I thought they had all the right pieces, but they just executed them badly. Like, how the batmobile in and of itself isn't (imo at least) a bad mechanic, but they just over-used it so much.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 04:53 AM
Arachnid1

I never played those, that sounds amazing ^^^

I'll have to look into that

PWNT

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 04:54 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I never played those, that sounds amazing ^^^

I'll have to look into that

If you like Batman lore, I think you'll enjoy it.

It's called Season of Infamy.

I also enjoyed the Batgirl mission, as short as it was.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 04:54 AM
Impediment
Endless

Origins was a solid game that I enjoyed. A follow up game is welcomed by me.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 12:22 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Originally posted by -Pr-
I will admit, as much as they tended to focus on Joker, I really enjoyed the short DLC we got, the few short missions where you hunted other villains. Ra's in the hospital, Freeze on the ship etc. Those were done really well I thought.

From Arkham Knight, I'm talking about.

The DLC story from Origins(Cold Cold Heart) was also pretty good.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 02:32 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote