KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC Comics - The Jetsons (2017)

DC Comics - The Jetsons (2017)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

DC Comics - The Jetsons (2017)

So I just got around to reading the Booster Gold/Flintstones crossover released a few months ago. What I didn't realize is that the final portion of the book serves as a prologue to DC's upcoming Jetsons series... But this ain't your momma's Hanna-Barbera Jetsons, lol...

Here is the full scene:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

-First off, there was evidently some sort of global disaster that washed away the earth's land-masses and killed most of the population. This forced humanity to orbit earth until the catastrophe was over... So that's why humanity lives in the sky in the Jetsons' timeline!

-Secondly, Judy went to see her dying grandmother in the hospital -- she evidently had a terminal disease, and was choosing to die via some sort of euthanasia process. Here's the bombshell, though: she had her consciousness digitized and uploaded into a Robot... So Rosie the Robot(the Jetsons' robotic maid) is actually George Jetson's mother!!! F*cking hell, mind = BLOWN! blink

...Suffice to say, if the series itself is half as good as those 8 pages were, it should be a super-fun read!

That being said...

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
THE JETSONS #1

Meet George Jetson, a family man living an analog life in a digital world. His wife, Jane, is a brilliant NASA scientist working off-world at a conference, his daughter Judy is a social butterfly trying to discover her calling, and his boy Elroy is either doing homework or using robotic technology to break the rules. Strangest of all, George's mother has downloaded herself into Rosie the robot!

Join this postmodern family as they deal with an incoming threat from the darkest corners of the galaxy!
-Source

*This will be a 6 issue mini, written by Jimmy Palmiotti and illustrated by Pier Brito, with covers by Amanda Conner.
*First issue drops on 11/1/17.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 31st, 2017 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 02:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 03:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 04:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
First off, there was evidently some sort of global disaster that washed away the earth's land-masses and killed most of the population. This forced humanity to orbit earth until the catastrophe was over... So that's why humanity lives in the sky in the Jetsons' timeline!

That fan theory's been floating around the internet for decades.
Seems a no brainer to build on it.
I'll likely pick this up. Six issues should jeep things moving towards a conclusion.
The quirkiness appeals ro me.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
The quirkiness appeals ro me.
My sentiments exactly. thumb up

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 04:08 PM
riv6672

I'm a fan of the creative team, so that helps.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 05:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote