KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » NEO as a program?

NEO as a program?
Started by: Man_Childe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Man_Childe

NEO as a program?

Is it possible that Neo is a program? I think I remember that the Architect said that Neo needed to reinsert his code into the mainframe or something like that ( I wish I had paid more attention ). I think I am on the verge of understanding the plot but I can't quite take that first step over the threshold. Anyone care to help?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:56 PM
Man_Childe is currently offline Click here to Send Man_Childe a Private Message Find more posts by Man_Childe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swedenborg
Assimilated

I am not sure myself...

But it seemed like everything/everyone were programs (including Neo.) Unless the Oracle is not telling the truth.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:11 PM
Swedenborg is currently offline Click here to Send Swedenborg a Private Message Find more posts by Swedenborg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man_Childe

It would seem to make sense. If one of the ships released an EMP early, and we assume that it was Smith/Bane who actually EMPed, like Neo did to stop the sentinals. Then they share simularities. I think Neo as a program fits better than Smith/Bane as a human because Neo said he could feel the sentinals. He also new that a sentinal out of apparent visual range was preparing to lob a bomb at the Nebachanezzer. But that brings up a question of why do they have this EMP power and apparent supernormal abilities in the "real world" if it is indeed real.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:18 PM
Man_Childe is currently offline Click here to Send Man_Childe a Private Message Find more posts by Man_Childe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swedenborg
Assimilated

I think the answer to the question about Neo's supernormal abilities in the "real world" will be revealed in Revolutions...

Anyway, this is debated in another thread (something about there being more than one matrix or not).

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:46 PM
Swedenborg is currently offline Click here to Send Swedenborg a Private Message Find more posts by Swedenborg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man_Childe

The Neo Human/Program thing?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:47 PM
Swedenborg
Assimilated

But I like the notion that everyone is a program smile (or part of a bigger program) wink

Can't wait to see the resolution.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:47 PM
Swedenborg
Assimilated

Well, I think it's connected somehow?

If Neo and everything are programs, they are all part of the Matrix? That is, since everyone is part of the Matrix, it serves little purpose to talk about a "real" world (outside the Matrix).

They would not be able to escape the Matrix?

Last edited by Swedenborg on May 30th, 2003 at 04:55 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:50 PM
Man_Childe

Interesting, I think I shall go participate in this other thread then.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 04:59 PM
Swedenborg
Assimilated

Hehe smile

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:15 PM
alaba
THE ONE

i think they are just trying to confuse us by making us think he's a program..neo is far too real. what i feel is his predecessors where programs and it is thought by the architect that he's just a program but in actual fact, he is real and even the architect doesnt know it. morpheous is acting on faith, likewise trinity but the others do think he's a program. the only true believer is, i think, mr smith!

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:14 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

anyone noticed that neo got the spoon from the little potential from the first movie? any significance other than just trying to encourage neo?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:31 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
evilelvis

just to let u know, I had to sign up cos i was so bludy pist at the stupidity of this question. Only a program can exist inside a computer, and neo exists outside of the matrix i.e a computer!
“Fcuk u very much”.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 04:42 PM
evilelvis is currently offline Click here to Send evilelvis a Private Message Find more posts by evilelvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

nice ....evilelvis

Old Post May 31st, 2003 04:47 PM
abraomas

Matrix: format ;p

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:37 PM
abraomas is currently offline Click here to Send abraomas a Private Message Find more posts by abraomas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
evilelvis

wot? ^

Old Post May 31st, 2003 06:14 PM
evilelvis is currently offline Click here to Send evilelvis a Private Message Find more posts by evilelvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trilight

The point is evilelvis... That if the real world is another computer reality then Neo could be a program that can switch from one reality to the other. I doubt that Neo is a program though.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 06:27 PM
trilight is currently offline Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
evilelvis

if u mean that reality is another computer genarated world then who else could be a program? trinaty perhaps, ghost or niobi and even morphius. I hesitate to believe that the two brothers who made the film would make it that stupid, cos after all the last thing they want to do is make it to complex after the 2nd instalment.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 06:38 PM
trilight

I agree, It would make it more complex, but...
A lot of people think that there is a matrix inside a matrix, which makes it possible for Neo to be a program.
If the 'real world' is real then he can't be a program.
The people are divided on this.
I don't think he is a program.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 06:47 PM
trilight is currently offline Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
evilelvis

good call.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 07:12 PM
abraomas

This matrix i a in other matrix next movie....

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 08:04 AM
abraomas is currently offline Click here to Send abraomas a Private Message Find more posts by abraomas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote