KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Pops (T-800) vs. Robocop (Kinnaman)

Pops (T-800) vs. Robocop (Kinnaman)
Started by: Khazra Reborn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Pops (T-800) vs. Robocop (Kinnaman)

New Robocop vs. Pops from Terminator Genysis. Robo has the two guns he carried from the movie, Pops has a shotgun, his electro brass knuckles (or whatever you want to call the punching weapons he used against Connors) and a pistol.

They start on opposite sides of an uninhabited warehouse.

Who wins?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 07:38 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Both movies are forgettable, I don't remember much of 20:14 robocop, and Genysis only remains in my mind because of Arnold. Oh and Emilia :P

But honestly, the only reason I found this thread was due to looking up an older Robocop vs terminator thread.

I can't give a definitive answer, because I really don;t remember 2014 Robocop, but I do remeber that pops, pre T-1000 upgrade was slowly breaking down physically, while Murphy was only recently off the assembly lines. While he doesn't have classic Robo's feats he does have the edge of at least not having to function entire human lifetimes here.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 04:28 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Pops wins.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 06:09 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Robocop

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 04:07 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Pops despite getting "old" was still basically in prime condition and fought evenly with a younger version of himself for a fair while. He's far stronger than Robo, and more than fast enough with his targeting systems and reflexes to catch him in a melee and shoot him at range.

Also is this T-800 Pops, or end of movie, T-1800 Pops when he got the liquid metal overhaul?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 04:09 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Why would it be the upgrade ?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 04:15 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Because the OP could have wanted it to be? Pops wins either way though.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 04:18 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Because the OP could have wanted it to be? Pops wins either way though.
So you think Pops wins but wanted to throw it out there hey it might be the much more formidable version. Silly guy.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 04:26 PM
cdtm

Haven't seen the Terminator movie, so can't really comment.

I will say looking at the old Robocop movies, Murphy is way less durable then I remember him. He gets taken out or heavily damaged pretty often by traps I can't see slowing up a T-800 much..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 04:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

what is the terminators strength level 5 tons?

robocop was also bullet proof, and had perfect aiming

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 07:04 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
what is the terminators strength level 5 tons?

robocop was also bullet proof, and had perfect aiming

This is the new Robocop, who is more agile, but a lot more fragile at the same time.

Pops is strong enough to flip a school bus by punching the ground while he's in it. He's at least a few tons yeah. He could literally rip Murphy apart, which may very well happen since Murphy's gun will basically piss him off.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 07:41 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

A conventional schoolbus weighs about 10 tons at least. So yeah he is far stronger than Robocop.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 12:30 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by cdtm
Haven't seen the Terminator movie, so can't really comment.

I will say looking at the old Robocop movies, Murphy is way less durable then I remember him. He gets taken out or heavily damaged pretty often by traps I can't see slowing up a T-800 much..

Hah, clearly you forget that legendary skyscraper fall with Robocain through the ground, through the sewers, and into an exploding gas main, and Murphy gets up undamaged. That is far more than anything the Terminators have ever dished out, ever.

However, classic Robocop is iirrelevant to this matchup, and it distracts from the current vs.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 09:53 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote