KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Force Lightning Via Hologram

Force Lightning Via Hologram
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Force Lightning Via Hologram

So, apparently this is a thing. In SW: Galaxies, there's a quest where you can talk to Emperor Palpatine's hologram at the end, but if you do, he kills you with Force Lightning through the hologram. Can't find any videos of it online but there's numerous websites (including both Wookieepedia and the SWG wiki) confirming this, and there's a picture on the SWG wiki.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 10:36 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Show the picture then.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 10:48 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

(please log in to view the image)

Somebody else more knowledgeable on SWG (which I know almost nothing about) should clarify/confirm. smile

Last edited by SunRazer on Mar 15th, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 10:52 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Thats dumb.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 11:10 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'm truly unsure of how it works. I suppose Az's interpretation of Palpatine's claim in The Dark Side Compendium was correct - he can cast Force Lightning across the galaxy.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 11:15 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Yeh, they had a similar thing with Vader at one point. It happens during an assassination mission, Palpatine kills you as a cover up for being involved if you go back to him instead of another random imperial, IIRC.

Can confirm smile

Though if Vader kills you with force lightning (which he does during the first part of the same mission) who knows how reliable it is....

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Last edited by Selenial on Mar 15th, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 11:40 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yep. smile

I wonder why they went for Lightning instead of Choke. But still, a nice feat.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 11:46 AM
The_Tempest

For Vader, it could be Kinetite or whatever the power is he uses in splinter of the mind's eye.

Hmm... interesting implications for the Sheev's Hologram vs Valkorion thread....

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 12:36 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Sheev fries him. yes

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
I'm truly unsure of how it works. I suppose Az's interpretation of Palpatine's claim in The Dark Side Compendium was correct - he can cast Force Lightning across the galaxy.

thumb upeek!thumb up

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Quote?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:23 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Do you guys know that Palpatine utilized a hyperspace route to dispatch his Force Storm to Coruscant in order to bring Luke Skywalker to Byss?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 15th, 2017 at 01:35 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:26 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Man-made mediums can serve as a gateway to project power to distant locations in Star Wars. Nothing new here.

The Force exists everywhere in Star Wars and all you need is to get a fix on the target, no matter how far.

Vitiate siphoned energy of some of his subjects on a consistent basis and distance was irrelevant to him in this regard. He dispatched his Hands for missions in distant locations from time-to-time for example.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 15th, 2017 at 01:33 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:28 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Quote?

quote:
"Anger concentrated by Will in the vital center of the body creates a portal, through which vast energies are released. The energies of the dark side of the Force. This is the power I command, now that I am one with the dark side. With these energies, I have slain my enemies across the empty reaches of space. I have created lightning, and unleashed devastating fires."

-Palpatine's hologram recording

quote:
"Standing watch with the mind, in my meditation of Anger, I have slain my enemies from great distances through the dark side power that permeates the galaxy. I have created lightning, and unleashed its detructive fire."

-The Book of Anger

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Do you guys know that Palpatine utilized a hyperspace route to dispatch his Force Storm to Coruscant in order to bring Luke Skywalker to Byss?

Quote?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:35 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Ah makes sense. yes

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:36 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Az, you understand what a full-stop is, right?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

I asked this question many years ago on Wookieepedia. Idk if Star Wars: Galaxies is a reliable source, but if Palpatine can conjure lightning from across the galaxy then that IS awesome

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

SW Galaxies. laughing out loud

Time we all started recognising the Sith Order that isn't the Banite Sith Order and had like hundreds of members in the game, then.

New depths, truly.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 03:15 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by AncientPower
SW Galaxies. laughing out loud

Time we all started recognising the Sith Order that isn't the Banite Sith Order and had like hundreds of members in the game, then.

New depths, truly.

Except players couldn't be Sith in SWG.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote