KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rey - Holding a Double?

Rey - Holding a Double?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Rey - Holding a Double?

(please log in to view the image)

Is that Rey with a double-bladed lightsaber, or is she just holding it weird?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

That's probably a doublesaber given her skill with the staff, as well as her needing two hands to hold the hilt of the saber.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:05 AM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Good spot, given this was probably supposed to be revealed after the Last Jedi trailer, it's possible that's her new weapon of choice?

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

So I guess she's modifying Luke's classic saber, then? I doubt they'll just discard it.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:12 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Luke could just be the one who takes it. That or it gets destroyed?

Wouldn't make that much sense to modify it. Idk, I guess the real question is what the significance of her having a double blade would be?

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Her being experienced with staffs. That's probably it.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:18 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
Luke could just be the one who takes it. That or it gets destroyed?

Wouldn't make that much sense to modify it. Idk, I guess the real question is what the significance of her having a double blade would be?

All the rumors / leaks been saying Luke has a green one, tbh.

Looks weird. Look likes the hilt narrows down. Maybe a saber pike?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:19 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I thought it was a pike at first, too. Guess we'll find out when the game/movie comes out.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:24 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
All the rumors / leaks been saying Luke has a green one, tbh.

Looks weird. Look likes the hilt narrows down. Maybe a saber pike?

That's her arm.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:46 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Never mind, it's a saberstaff. You can faintly see the second blade behind her arm.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:46 AM
ares834

No you can't. It would be at the wrong angle. It's just some wonky lighting as the whole character is glowing blue..

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:52 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Seems like the outline of the blade behind it, but it might just be the holographic effect. As I said, we'll know for sure when it comes out.

Although if that's not another blade, then she seems to just be holding Anakin's lightsaber as it is without any amendments. Just with a two-handed grip.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:54 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ares834
That's her arm.

Ah...

I'll... take the L.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Apr 13th, 2017 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 12:58 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Well then I guess she's a master duelist:

"Any Jedi Knight could wield a single-bladed lightsaber; only a master fighter could use the weapon first designed by the legendary Dark Lord Exar Kun millennia ago. Unless one was in perfect attunement with it, the weapon could be as deadly to the user as to the opponent."

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by Rockydonovang

"Any Jedi Knight could wield a single-bladed lightsaber; only a master fighter could use the weapon first designed by the legendary Dark Lord Exar Kun millennia ago. Unless one was in perfect attunement with it, the weapon could be as deadly to the user as to the opponent."

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Considering her MaRey Sue status that's not far fetched.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 01:18 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

I guess those hundreds of Dark Jedi that Revan slaughtered on Korriban were too. Sweet. Thanks for the quote.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 01:24 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by SunRazer
Her being experienced with staffs. That's probably it.

That's.. kind of irrelevant.

If the acquisition of Luke's lightsaber is supposedly so meaningful, then randomly modifying it just seems arbitrary. Sure, she's more used to a staff, but even then she'll have some awful habits from using it that'll not make training legitimately any easier.

I just don't see them spending time on something so meaningless in the film, in fact it's beyond meaningless, it's less powerful than her keeping the blade as is. Something would need to happen to it for her to forge a new one, and I don't see that happening during TLJ. They didn't even bother showing Luke's saber crafting scene in ROTJ....

This is more likely (unfortunately, because I'd love her to use a double blade) simply artistic liscence, with no thought as to the appropriate stance she should be in.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 01:25 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It looks like the lightsaber isn't modified anyway, and it's just the way she's holding it. So chances are we don't have to worry about that.

And yeah, I don't think it'd make any sense for her to randomly get a doublesaber, but I'm just saying it wouldn't be out of character for her and in a sense could in fact be fitting for her. Misinterpreted your post.

Last edited by SunRazer on Apr 13th, 2017 at 01:44 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 01:40 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Well , it wouldn't be the first time disney cheapened the significance of the OT

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Well , it wouldn't be the first time disney cheapened the significance of the OT

True.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 03:13 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote