KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Disappointing Films?

Most Disappointing Films?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Most Disappointing Films?

Not necessarily BAD films; but have you ever gone to see a movie you had certain (possibly high) expectations for and just end up totally let down by it? Or it's far different from what you though it'd be and therefore disappointing? Or there's just a lot of talent behind the film and it all goes to waste?

What are some movies you looked forward to until you actually saw them?

For last year, I was looking forward to both Funny People and Public Enemies. I came out disappointed by both of them, especially Public Enemies - I mean, Mann, Depp and Bale? Shoulda been way better.

Anyway, please share your thoughts!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 08:01 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Road. I waited quite a while for it and they left so much impactful stuff from the book out. There was very little of the poetic prose put into narration in the film.

The only 2 standout things in it were Robert Duvall and the cinematography.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 08:05 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
The Road. I waited quite a while for it and they left so much impactful stuff from the book out. There was very little of the poetic prose put into narration in the film.

The only 2 standout things in it were Robert Duvall and the cinematography.

Ah, I very much agree with this too. I left the film very underwhelmed. Unlike how I felt when I finished the novel.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 08:09 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The Road is a good choice.

Also, Snakeyes' sig reminded me of one - The Fountain. I was really excited over that movie and ended up feeling very underwhelmed by it.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 08:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by BackFire
The Road is a good choice.

Also, Snakeyes' sig reminded me of one - The Fountain. I was really excited over that movie and ended up feeling very underwhelmed by it.

I think I know what you mean. I actually left feeling somewhat underwhelmed the first time I saw The Fountain (in theaters). The trailer (s) had me expecting something else, but I've grown to love the movie since then.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 08:32 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It felt very messy and nearly incoherent. You could tell why Aronofsky had such problems with it during production.

I really appreciate the ambition that it required to make and didn't dislike it, just thought it could have been a lot better.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 08:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Every Marvel film that ends in a 3

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 10:24 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by steverules_2

thumb up

Spider-Man 3 is probably the most disappointing movie I've seen in theaters.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 10:43 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Fountain for me too
Casablanca
Watchmen
Clerks
LA Confidential
Factory Girl - Sienna Miller was fantastic in her role but the rest of the film was a big let down

That's all that is coming to mind at the moment.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 11:25 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

In recent times....

Land of the Dead

The Matrix Sequels

Planet Terror

AvP

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 01:22 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by MildPossession
The Fountain for me too
Casablanca
Watchmen
Clerks
LA Confidential
Factory Girl - Sienna Miller was fantastic in her role but the rest of the film was a big let down

That's all that is coming to mind at the moment.

Whats wrong with Casablanca?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 03:56 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

With The Fountain, I was impressed. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. That's probably because I didn't really know about it and saw a preview for it on another DVD, thought it looked good, and rented it the next day. I remember coming on here, at KMC, and posting my glee for it. My wife said she couldn't really follow it...which goes along with what Backfire was saying about it being a tad messy.

I was probably disappointed by that one Viking movie . I forget what it's called..was recent....damn...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 04:45 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by H. S. 6
thumb up

Spider-Man 3 is probably the most disappointing movie I've seen in theaters.
id watch spiderman 3 over x-men 3

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 05:23 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by steverules_2

Well any comic book movies that has a 3rd sequel.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 05:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Probably the biggest let down of any film I've seen is The Big Lebowski not one single person that saw this film, gave it a bad rec. Everyone I know: Work, Family, Friends, KMC peeps, said it was awesome. I was so incredibly disappointed with the film. I don't think I've ever had that much let down of any film I've seen. I tried to watch it again...but I just couldn't. It was too boring. I can't watch average films more than once.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 05:38 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Two Towers.

Ugh.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 05:51 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Probably the biggest let down of any film I've seen is The Big Lebowski not one single person that saw this film, gave it a bad rec. Everyone I know: Work, Family, Friends, KMC peeps, said it was awesome. I was so incredibly disappointed with the film. I don't think I've ever had that much let down of any film I've seen. I tried to watch it again...but I just couldn't. It was too boring. I can't watch average films more than once.
I think you have dain bramage.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 05:56 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by dadudemon
I was probably disappointed by that one Viking movie . I forget what it's called..was recent....damn...

Pathfinder? If so, I agree; movie sucked.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:37 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
Transformers
Watchmen
The Star Wars Prequels
Matrix sequels
Ultimate Avengers 2
Hancock
Van Helsing
Crank

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 02:24 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Twilight
i was a really big fan of the book and i was all excited when i heard about the movie and was like "it doesnt matter if the actors are butt-ugly, im sure itll be great"
however many hours later after seeing the movie no expression......

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 04:51 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote