KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Closest times you've come to dying

Closest times you've come to dying
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Closest times you've come to dying

While we all will die one day at some point in the future, there might be occasions in our lives where we come really close to kicking the bucket. If you don't mind sharing what are some of the closest moments you've come in circumstances, that had a split second decision/factor not played a part you might've been seriously injured or died?

When I was 17 I was listening to music and texting my mom to let her know where I was going, when I stepped off a curb and a van sped right past me as I saw it as a purple blur and felt the wind strike my face. If I had taken one more step I would've been hit by it and it was at least going 30 mph

Another time I was driving with my girlfriend and my brother back to school, and this truck carrying fertilizer for the fields stopped abruptly and I hit the breaks just in the knick of time and came within 6 feet of hitting it doing about 50 going to Yuma.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 09:59 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

During a surgery that was meant to take 4 hours and took nearly 14 hours.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 10:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

During an appendectomy I flatlined for 1 minute 20 seconds, no white light or anything.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 10:52 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
During an appendectomy I flatlined for 1 minute 20 seconds, no white light or anything.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 12:54 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 12:54 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 12:57 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 12:58 AM
Flyattractor

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 01:01 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 01:07 AM
Flyattractor

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 01:11 AM
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon

^^^Sheesh!

I've got too many to list, really. Not bragging, i've just led a life prone to those kinds of situations.
One of my earliest examples would be getting hit by a car and put in a coma for 2 months at age 14.
Shortest summer vacation ever!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 09:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Sounds familiar, when I was 10 I got hit in the head with a baseball knocked me out for 2 days solid.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 04:14 PM
riv6672

^^^Oh shit.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 08:23 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

That was the summer I got glasses. Then 20 or so odd years later I get hit in the head with a branch while skiing and I don't need glasses anymore.

Which is kind of counter intuitive because the glasses should have helped me see the branch... idk

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 11:53 PM
riv6672

I dont think i could not wear glasses.
My face would look strange...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 09:46 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

I often find myself reaching up to my nose to adjust my glasses, old habits die hard.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 12:50 PM
riv6672

After i retired, i found myself looking for my uniform in the mornings. Felt strange having to decide what to wear every day...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 03:04 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

"Honey, where's my super suit?!"
~RIV every morning

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 12:13 AM
riv6672

Its for the greater good!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 05:10 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

"Greater Good? I am your wife, I'm the greatest good you're ever going to get!" ~Mrs. RIV, every morning.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 05:45 PM